Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

The Trump Tower Hillbillies : What in the World is the Matter with Trump Supporters? Are They Crazy?

400 posts in this topic

Sorry to revive this thread from page-2 here folks, but I just saw this on the news this evening.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/12/04/comet-ping-pong-fake-news-clinton-shots/94979994/

Yep, another case of some moron who's FIRST so damn clueless that he actually BELIEVED some fake news story about Hillary being involved in some kind of child slavery thing with this D.C. area pizza joint, but is ALSO somehow allowed to possess a freakin' GUN in order to "investigate" this story and thus fired off a shot in said pizza joint while his little "investigation" took place.

(...where oh where do all these morons come from, HUH?!)

Dargo--

I saw this Insanity yesterday on TV. And it gives you an idea of just how far the far right has gone in this country. You got most of the story up there but apparently they also have Hillary Clinton 's campaign manager John Podesta directing the whole thing.

Now to get more bizarre in an already bizarre situation, the original tweet describing this lie, that became a fictional news story, was originated by the late Andrew Breitbart in 2011 - -

Apparently that fabricated trash got some legs because this guy busted into the pizzeria Sunday guns blasting. Fortunately no one was hurt-- just terrified. This was in the DC area and it looks as though one entire police station showed up.

At any rate this is one right wing idiot who will have plenty of time to think about fake news stories and all the other hate-filled garbage that he's filled his mind with over the years.

Apparently there's still some people who believe this fake story because Michael Flynn Jr is tweeting it. I suppose he's telling it to his father who's supposed to be a National Security advisor under Trump.

• Like 1

...At any rate this is one right wing idiot who will have plenty of time to think about fake news stories and all the other hate-filled garbage that he's filled his mind with over the years.

And during those years of confinement, it's almost a sure bet he'll EITHER:

(a.) Fall in with a bunch of Skin-head Neo-Nazis also serving time, and thus become even MORE radicalized

...or...

(b.) Find a Bible and start reading it, and then become one of those types who begins to believe HIS interpretation of that book's passages are the only way to "believe".

(...my money's on "b", and which if you THINK about it is at least a preferable choice over "a"...but not by much) 

And during those years of confinement, it's almost a sure bet he'll EITHER:

(a.) Fall in with a bunch of Skin-head Neo-Nazis also serving time, and thus become even MORE radicalized

...or...

(b.) Find a Bible and start reading it, and then become one of those types who begins to believe HIS interpretation of that book's passages are the only way to "believe".

(...my money's on the "b", and which if you THINK about it is at least a preferable choice over "a"...but not by much)

Well you never know. If I recall properly, I think Malcolm X came out of prison as a Black Muslim. You never know...

Well you never know. If I recall properly, I think Malcolm X came out of prison as a Black Muslim. You never know...

Well, I think by now you have probably realized that I'm not a big fan of ANY religion, right Princess? "Agnostic" here, remember?

(...and so your alternate scenario here would seem to me to be of an equally discouraging nature) ;)

Well, I think by now you have probably realized that I'm not a big fan of ANY religion, right Princess? "Agnostic" here, remember?

(...and so your alternate scenario here would seem to me to be of an equally discouraging nature) ;)

I was an agnostic in college-- first time away from home. It made for many interesting conversations and discussions late at night in the dorm.

I was an agnostic in college-- first time away from home. It made for many interesting conversations and discussions late at night in the dorm.

Oooh...was that a co-ed dorm or an all girls dorm?

I'm hopin' it was the latter, 'cause THEN I can imagine all SORTS o' thing happenin' besides just all that talk of Theology!!!

LOL

(...sorry, couldn't resist...as you ALSO may have noticed after all this time around here, I can occasionally get rather "randy" too)   ;)

• Like 1

Oooh...was that a co-ed dorm or an all girls dorm?

I'm hopin' it was the latter, 'cause THEN I can imagine all SORTS o' thing happenin' besides just all that talk of Theology!!!

LOL

(...sorry, couldn't resist...as you ALSO may have noticed after all this time around here, I can occasionally get rather "randy" too) ;)

This is going to make me sound ancient-- but it was a coed dorm where the floors were strictly segregated by sex.

The only time that the male species ever got to our floor was during a pantyraid. The boys would run through our floors, and then stand outside and scream for silk. Obligingly, we would throw the silk out the window.

Imagine they don't do pantyraids anymore. LOL

I was an agnostic in college-- first time away from home.

What's the difference between an atheist and an agnostic?

An atheist says there's so such thing as God.

An agnostic says the same thing (but says it quietly, just in case God is listening).

Note: Either I made up that joke years ago or, if I stole it from somebody, I did it so many years ago that I can't recall who it was so I now take claim on it.

I am assuming this story has already been discussed here.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/couple-finds-spray-painted-racial-slurs-swastikas-ohio-home-article-1.2899684

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/cincinnati/swastikas-words-white-power-painted-in-bi-racial-couples-price-hill-home

Welcome to the New America. Has the president elect even bothered to comment on this? The story is now three days old so he should have had time to.

This is something this country needs to get out of its system. Let's hope this group of hoods had their Big O and slept well afterward.

What's the difference between an atheist and an agnostic?

An atheist says there's so such thing as God.

An agnostic says the same thing (but says it quietly, just in case God is listening).

Note: Either I made up that joke years ago or, if I stole it from somebody, I did it so many years ago that I can't recall who it was so I now take claim on it.

Yep, funny joke there Tom...and whether or not it's yours.

However, the real difference of course between we Agnostics and those Atheists is that just like the Believers out there, Atheists hold the presumption of knowing something that is not verifiable by the inherent limitations of being a mortal human being. Ya see, it's we Agnostics of the world who attempt to keep the dangers of presumptive thinking at a minimum. That kind'a thinking often gets people in a lot of trouble ya know, and especially when they later act upon their presumptions.

(...but of course, if it helps for you to think of us Agnostic as "hedgers of bets", then just go right along and continue to feel that way if ya want...I, in fact, often make that very joke MYSELF about my personal philosophies of the Universe...but then AGAIN of course, and as I'm sure you've noticed after all this time, I'm one of those people who while poking fun at others so much, will take an occasional potshot in my OWN direction too!) 

;)

I recall an old joke about the epitaph on an atheist's

tombstone--All dressed up and nowhere to go.

• Like 1

"White supremacists are continuing their call for a boycott of upcoming Star Wars film Rogue One, accusing the film’s producers of promoting multiculturalism and an “anti-white” agenda, forward.com reports....

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/neo-nazis-call-for-boycott-of-star-wars-rogue-one-a-jew-mturbation-fantasy-of-anti-white-hatred/

rogue-one-cast-photo-d23-1536x864-521514

It sounds like a white supremacist back in the day of 1955 and against integration. Maybe they equate the word integration with multiculturalism.

It seems that white supremists feel that if other ethnicities have equality and are treated with respect, then the white supremacist has lost something, i.e. white supremacy.

• Like 1

Yep, funny joke there Tom...and whether or not it's yours.

However, the real difference of course between we Agnostics and those Atheists is that just like the Believers out there, Atheists hold the presumption of knowing something that is not verifiable by the inherent limitations of being a mortal human being. Ya see, it's we Agnostics of the world who attempt to keep the dangers of presumptive thinking at a minimum. That kind'a thinking often gets people in a lot of trouble ya know, and especially when they later act upon their presumptions.

(...but of course, if it helps for you to think of us Agnostic as "hedgers of bets", then just go right along and continue to feel that way if ya want...I, in fact, often make that very joke MYSELF about my personal philosophies of the Universe...but then AGAIN of course, and as I'm sure you've noticed after all this time, I'm one of those people who while poking fun at others so much, will take an occasional potshot in my OWN direction too!) 

;)

Agnostics are atheists with no guts. That's and an old joke. To say that you believe it or don't believe it is giving it too much credit.

Remember Pascal's Wager? If you're an atheist or an agnostic, believe anyway just to be on the safe side. What do you have to lose? The downside to this, to my mind, is that if God is really there and if he's the all-knowing kind he'll see right through you and you could be in big trouble. Trying to fool God just might have consequences. If there is no God, well, a little fake belief might yield some peace of mind anyway.

Pascal is not a proponent of his own wager idea, I'm sure. He was of 17c, the Classic century for Fr literature and was quite a deep thinker and expounded on all sorts of things about religion. After all his magnum opus was entitled Pensees (Thoughts). The wager sounds like a joke but back then probably not. Religion was everything  and Heaven and Hell were as real to them as a rosy red apple and they could become sick to the core for fright of not being embraced by The Grace of God. So it might have been a serious option.

Some of the above might contain a tongue-in-cheek mode of expression, here and there.

:lol:

• Like 2

Agnostics are atheists with no guts. That's and an old joke. To say that you believe it or don't believe it is giving it too much credit.

Remember Pascal's Wager? If you're an atheist or an agnostic, believe anyway just to be on the safe side. What do you have to lose? The downside to this, to my mind, is that if God is really there and if he's the all-knowing kind he'll see right through you and you could be in big trouble. Trying to fool God just might have consequences. If there is no God, well, a little fake belief might yield some peace of mind anyway.

Pascal is not a proponent of his own wager idea, I'm sure. He was of 17c, the Classic century for Fr literature and was quite a deep thinker and expounded in all sorts of things about religion. After all his magnum opus was entitled Pensees (Thoughts). The wager sounds like a joke but back then probably not. Religion was everything back then and Heaven and Hell were as real to them as a rosy red apple and they could become sick to the core for fright of not being embraced by The Grace of God. So it might have been a serious option.

I used to frequent a church in the Latin Quarter of Paris where Pascal was buried, St. Etienne du Mont, the last resting place of the patron saint of Paris, Ste. Geneviève.

St. Etienne is near the Panthéon and has been featured in a number of movies and television shows-- The Earrings of Madame de, starring Danielle Darrieux, Colonel Chabert, starring Gérard Depardieu and Frank Riva, a fairly recent TV mini-series,starring Alain Delon.

During his lifetime Pascal wavered concerning his interest in Christianity, only to end up the greatest apologist/ defender of the Christian faith in the 17th century, as witnessed by his writings, Les pensées.(Thoughts)

Pascal figured prominently in the controversy between the Jésuits and the Jansinists-- the latter being Pascal's group and eventually prohibited by the French authority of the day. There is one reminder in modern Paris of the Jasenist convent area,Port-Royal, a visible outer Metro stop on the RER route.

• Like 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager

I haven't read the whole thing yet but I would like to get to it.

Apparently Pascal was also one of the 17th Century's greatest mathematicians. Since he also found time to be a great 17th century philosopher, it shows that some of us just don't work hard enough these days.

However, Pascal did not have the distractions of 21st-century life.

Apparently Pascal was also one of the 17th Century's greatest mathematicians. Since he also found time to be a great 17th century philosopher, it shows that some of us just don't work hard enough these days.

However, Pascal did not have the distractions of 21st-century life.

Yes, he was a Renaissance Man en qelque sorte. Except he was a Classicist, haha. Je suis si amusant, du moin je le croire, hee, hee. C'est pour ainsi dire comme un veillard qui n'en sait rien et qui se prend pour comedian.

Yes, Pascal was fortunate not to have been addicted to Seinfeld, he wouldn't have got anything done, he probably never would have thought of The Wager.

I read part of Pensees many years ago. Maybe some day I'll

go back and take a look at it again. I believe there were

different editions of it, depending on what the editor wanted

to include or exclude. Certainly a lot of hair splitting over

things that seem rather ridiculous today, but back then were

of importance. I think I'll stick with good ol' Baron d'Holbach. :)

United Steelworkers 1999 president Chuck Jones learned that Trump was including about 500 jobs that were never in peril of leaving, and that 500 of his union members would still be out of work — and Jones exposed Trump’s lie...

On Tuesday, Jones said Trump “lied his **** off.”

“Trump and Pence, they pulled a dog and pony show on the numbers,”

15409451_1043743459069646_194040767_o.jp
Trump just put a man’s family in jeopardy. In what world is this ever acceptable? Kenneth Lipp | December 8, 2016

Donald Trump used his Twitter account as a weapon once again, this time to smear a local labor union leader for pointing out his lies about the number of factory jobs the President-elect had saved.

Now Jones tells NBC that he and his family have been receiving death threats, in a pattern that has become all-to-familiar with Trump and his more militant and deranged following.

“My first thought was, ‘Well, that’s not very nice…Then, ‘Well, I might not sleep much tonight,” Jones told the Washington Post Wednesday night.

Jones later described the threats to MSNBC:

“Nothing that says they’re gonna kill me, but, you know, you better keep your eye on your kids…We know what car you drive. Things along those lines.”

Many are calling on Twitter to suspend or ban Trump for inciting harassment, and many more are simply aghast that the President-elect remains so reckless with the power of his platform.

Muslims For Trump.

harassing-a-muslim-woman-at-a-trump-rall

Two tokens lookin' just fine, sweet Jesus

Two tokens lookin' just fine

Standin' up during a big Trump rally

Two tokens lookin' just fine

(...the above offered up with all due apologies to Messrs Brewer and Shipley...wherever you are)

• Like 1

Muslims For Trump.

harassing-a-muslim-woman-at-a-trump-rall

There's always somebody in any group of people, who will work against their own people for recompense--whether it's for money or something else that they crave.

BTW-- What do those yellow stars remind you of? Hint: it has to do with the Holocaust.

There's always somebody in any group of people, who will work against their own people for recompense--whether it's for money or something else that they crave.

BTW-- What do those yellow stars remind you of? Hint: it has to do with the Holocaust.

Of course all people must identify with a group and be in lockstep with the feeling,  beliefs and views of that group.  No Uncle Toms are allowed! 

Funny how Trump was able to use this outdated POV to win while Clinton wasn't (but she tried as represented by the comments of supporters like Albright).

Trump Attacked This Student On Twitter. Then, Her Life Became a Living Nightmare-

"A female college student who has suffered a year of brutal abuse from Donald Trump’s deplorable troll army after the candidate tweeted about her has finally told her story to reporters. ....

In addition to the gratuitous insults, Trump appeared to directly encourage his fans to harass Batchelder by tweeting screenshots of her social media accounts.

"T****’s tweets, despite the obnoxious character they reveal, are not particularly dangerous in and of themselves, but his hordes of angry followers ready to execute his every command create a serious threat....

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/12/09/trump-attacked-student-twitter-life-became-living-nightmare/

• Like 2

Don't worry, Mr.6. Ya see IF this sort'a thing continues down this road, as sure as history repeating itself, all these "Alt-Right" morons will soon have their own comeuppance.

Uh-huh! I assume you know the history of the "Night of the Long Knives" doncha?! Uh-huh, that violent purge of those who were the first to support a certain other man's political rise to power, and who later by order of that same man would rid himself of those same people because he figured their violent street antics were, well, "politically incorrect" or at least politically inexpedient, and thus were damaging his reputation...among other considerations, of course.

(...and besides, let's remember here that Man-Child Donny HAS already publicly told them in NO uncertain term, err, well he's told 'em to "stop" all this kind of thing anyway at least, and so when these morons DO meet a similar fate as that, they'll have nobody to blame but themselves, RIGHT?!)

;)

• Like 1