Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

The Trump Tower Hillbillies : What in the World is the Matter with Trump Supporters? Are They Crazy?

408 posts in this topic

trump supporters are smart enough to not obsess about the popular vote.

did those 3 million more votes put her in the white house? no. so why is it being obsessed upon? do they believe if they all shout 3 million at the top of their voices simultaneously that november 8th 2016 will just magically repeat itself with a different election outcome?

loser schtootzes. :lol:

Because in any other democracy, whoever wins the popular vote would win the election. That's called one-person-one-vote, AKA democracy.

Trump is at best a minority president-- God help us if somebody ever tells him that-- and at worse an illegitimate president.

After losing the popular vote, he needs to watch his p's and q's and not be so outrageous in his approach to the presidency.

George W Bush never bragged about having electoral clout until he actually won the popular vote in 2004.

Trump is skating on thin ice and it's time he straightened up and realized it.

BTW-- I'm putting my money on Jefferson Beauregard.

• Like 2

trump won and is under no obligation to placate a loser majority at the jeopardy of his all-powerful winner base. :)

where does that bull come from but the democrats' msm closet supporters. donny is our monkey wench and we are the ones who chucked him into the works.

dd we do good? and how! :D

trump won and is under no obligation to placate a loser majority at the jeopardy of his all-powerful winner base. :)

where does that bull come from but the democrats' msm closet supporters. donny is our monkey wench and we are the ones who chucked him into the works.

dd we do good? and how! :D

I see where the title of this thread comes from...

• Like 1

I see where the title of this thread comes from...

I'm just surprised Princess hasn't changed the title from 'some' to 'most'.     :lol:

(but being serious I can kind of understand why some were fooled and voted for Trump,  but now that we see how he governs I don't understand how anyone can claim to be a Trump supporter).

" trump is a poor person's idea of a rich man.

He's a stupid person's idea of a smart man.

His followers are mostly uneducated ill-formed mouth-breathers who equate

World Diplomacy with professional wrestling ."

Rob C.

A comment made on YouTube by a citizen in response to trump's speech to the

UN General Assembly yesterday

• Like 2

" trump is a poor person's idea of a rich man.

He's a stupid person's idea of a smart man.

His followers are mostly uneducated ill-formed mouth-breathers who equate

World Diplomacy with professional wrestling ."

Rob C.

A comment made on YouTube by a citizen in response to trump's speech to the

UN General Assembly yesterday

pro wresting equals leftist diplomacy???  :huh: willful blindness.

pro wresting equals leftist diplomacy???  :huh: willful blindness.

name-calling opponents 'Deplorables' & 'cave-dwellers' ends up being just divisive, counterproductive & foolish

^_^

name-calling opponents 'Deplorables' & 'cave-dwellers' ends up being just divisive, counterproductive & foolish

^_^

You're right, of course, but sometimes it gets frustrating trying to deal with such people that the "deplorable" etc., name-calling is a verbal version of throwing one's hands up in the air. People, and I'm included in this as well, get the feeling that they're banging their heads into a wall trying to find common ground or even communicate on an even level, and they resort to cheap-shots. And that path becomes more enticing when they are continuously insulted by the Trump supporters with little to no admonishment towards them. They willfully misrepresent what centrists and leftists say (but really, anyone who isn't far-right is a leftist to them; centrism has ceased to exist in their minds, it seems), what they believe, and what their goals are, and make no effort to be amicable or conciliatory. Taking the high road is the wisest path, but sometimes it feels so good to deliver a verbal punch to the face. I mean, being called a "libtard snowflake pansy tree-hugging immoral weakling" gets old after a while. And I hear that kind of talk a lot more than the deplorable talk. Or is this another case of normalization, wherein everyone expects Trump supporters to use that language and have that kind of attitude, so it gets a free pass?

• Like 1

You're right, of course, but sometimes it gets frustrating trying to deal with such people that the "deplorable" etc., name-calling is a verbal version of throwing one's hands up in the air. People, and I'm included in this as well, get the feeling that they're banging their heads into a wall trying to find common ground or even communicate on an even level, and they resort to cheap-shots. And that path becomes more enticing when they are continuously insulted by the Trump supporters with little to no admonishment towards them. They willfully misrepresent what centrists and leftists say (but really, anyone who isn't far-right is a leftist to them; centrism has ceased to exist in their minds, it seems), what they believe, and what their goals are, and make no effort to be amicable or conciliatory. Taking the high road is the wisest path, but sometimes it feels so good to deliver a verbal punch to the face. I mean, being called a "libtard snowflake pansy tree-hugging immoral weakling" gets old after a while. And I hear that kind of talk a lot more than the deplorable talk. Or is this another case of normalization, wherein everyone expects Trump supporters to use that language and have that kind of attitude, so it gets a free pass?

When you're dealing with a totalitarian -Style propaganda machine it's almost impossible to try and respond in a normal objective manner.

These people don't think with their brain or use language that comes from their own sensibilities, they're just repeating Scripts and position papers that they've memorized or have been brainwashed with.

If you're dealing with people who don't recognize facts or science or reality, you've entered into a Twilight Zone that puts you at a disadvantage because you're dealing with facts,science and reality.

I can appreciate why Trump surrogates who appear in the media repeat all of that garbage because they're being paid to do so. But with ordinary citizens, I have trouble understanding how they can be that gullible.

The only consolation in all this is that the truth will always out and it will come face-to-face with everyone no matter what they were believing to be alternative facts.

It's a waste of time to debate people who refuse to look at reality, just like it's a waste of time trying to explain some concepts of Relativity to a three year-old.

Unfortunately, we may reached the point where debate is over and nature and events will just take their own course in time.

• Like 1

When you're dealing with a totalitarian -Style propaganda machine it's almost impossible to try and respond in a normal objective manner.

These people don't think with their brain or use language that comes from their own sensibilities, they're just repeating Scripts and position papers that they've memorized or have been brainwashed with.

If you're dealing with people who don't recognize facts or science or reality, you've entered into a Twilight Zone that puts you at a disadvantage because you're dealing with facts,science and reality.

I can appreciate why Trump surrogates who appear in the media repeat all of that garbage because they're being paid to do so. But with ordinary citizens, I have trouble understanding how they can be that gullible.

The only consolation in all this is that the truth will always out and it will come face-to-face with everyone no matter what they were believing to be alternative facts.

It's a waste of time to debate people who refuse to look at reality, just like it's a waste of time trying to explain some concepts of Relativity to a three year-old.

Unfortunately, we may reached the point where debate is over and nature and events will just take their own course in time.

I agree. sometimes when conditions are right a certain man will come to power and proceed to move mountains.

45]LnvhR8ED_bigger.pngCNNVerified account @CNN

More

Trump in Alabama: "You'd be turning over your rifles" if Hillary Clinton was elected; crowd chants "lock her up"

45]LnvhR8ED_bigger.pngCNNVerified account @CNN

More

Trump responds to "lock her up" chant from Alabama crowd: "You got to speak to Jeff Sessions about that"

trump went to the right place if he wants to have one of his misogynist- bigoted rallies--

'Bam is definitely the right place to find trump supporters.

They put him over with 62% of their Statewide vote.

For people like trump, their stars will always fall on Alabama.

What's that quote that my French teacher always attributed to Voltaire--

"The more things change, the more they stay the same."

• Like 1

Mr6666 posted this in another thread.  Everyone should read this and ask why on earth Trump was elected president ..

After Weinstein’s fall, Trump accusers wonder: Why not him?

....."It is hard to reconcile that Harvey Weinstein could be brought down with this, and [President] Trump just continues to be the Teflon Don,” said Leeds, who claims she was groped 30 years ago on a plane by the man whose presence she cannot escape now that he sits in the Oval Office.

In Florida, Melinda McGillivray was having much the same reaction.

“What **** me off is that the guy is president,” McGillivray, who a year ago went public with allegations that Trump grabbed her at Mar-a-Lago in 2003 when she was 23. “It’s that simple.”

Leeds and McGillivray were among the 11 women who came forward in the 2016 campaign to accuse the then-Republican presidential candidate of unwanted touching or kissing. Trump called the charges “pure fiction”.......

“My pain is everyday with bastard Trump as President,” tweeted Jill Harth, who once worked with Trump on organizing beauty pageants and sued him in 1997, claiming he had repeatedly groped her breasts, tried to touch her genitals and kissed her against her will. “No one gets it unless it happens to them. NO one!”.....

...more than two-thirds of registered voters — including almost half of Republicans — thought that Trump probably had made unwanted sexual advances toward women.

But the specific allegations did little to budge an electorate that had become almost tribal in its divisions.

“Sexual abuse should not be a partisan issue, but it frequently is,” said conservative commentator Amanda Carpenter. “That to me is maddening, just to watch women become fodder, to watch women become cannon fodder for these men. It’s gut-wrenching.”...

https://www.washingt...m=.bdff88f32ee6

• Like 1

Mr6666 posted this in another thread.  Everyone should read this and ask why on earth Trump was elected president ..

After Weinstein’s fall, Trump accusers wonder: Why not him?

....."It is hard to reconcile that Harvey Weinstein could be brought down with this, and [President] Trump just continues to be the Teflon Don,” said Leeds, who claims she was groped 30 years ago on a plane by the man whose presence she cannot escape now that he sits in the Oval Office.

In Florida, Melinda McGillivray was having much the same reaction.

“What **** me off is that the guy is president,” McGillivray, who a year ago went public with allegations that Trump grabbed her at Mar-a-Lago in 2003 when she was 23. “It’s that simple.”

Leeds and McGillivray were among the 11 women who came forward in the 2016 campaign to accuse the then-Republican presidential candidate of unwanted touching or kissing. Trump called the charges “pure fiction”.......

“My pain is everyday with bastard Trump as President,” tweeted Jill Harth, who once worked with Trump on organizing beauty pageants and sued him in 1997, claiming he had repeatedly groped her breasts, tried to touch her genitals and kissed her against her will. “No one gets it unless it happens to them. NO one!”.....

...more than two-thirds of registered voters — including almost half of Republicans — thought that Trump probably had made unwanted sexual advances toward women.

But the specific allegations did little to budge an electorate that had become almost tribal in its divisions.

“Sexual abuse should not be a partisan issue, but it frequently is,” said conservative commentator Amanda Carpenter. “That to me is maddening, just to watch women become fodder, to watch women become cannon fodder for these men. It’s gut-wrenching.”...

https://www.washingt...m=.bdff88f32ee6

Even if you accept everything said here about Trump, Hillary was looked at by many as being just as complicit in this context or even more so.

• Like 1

Even if you accept everything said here about Trump, Hillary was looked at by many as being just as complicit in this context or even more so.

exactly. were not the dems just as 'tribal' in their defense of bill clinton after the monica lewinsky revelations? hey, this kinda stuff works both ways.

What is really going on here is that character is overrated,  especially to someone that belongs to one of the two political parties.

Party members tend to remain loyal to their party candidates with a candidate's character being a non-issue.   

While the above is less true for independents,  as an independent I choose policy stances over character.    I.e. I tend to vote for the politician I agree with most on policy,  without factoring in their character (unless their character is really outlandish,  like it was with Trump). 

exactly. were not the dems just as 'tribal' in their defense of bill clinton after the monica lewinsky revelations? hey, this kinda stuff works both ways.

"Boys ... (Serbian chuckle) ... Is just locker room talk."

Does anyone really blame Melanie Trump for sticking up for her husband against those he sexually abused?

Yet you are quick to cast stones against Hillary Clinton for a consensual extra-marital affair that her husband had with Monica Lewinsky.    She has said that it nearly destroyed her marriage which is a lot more than Melanie has said.

I don't have the time or energy to start a debate about Clinton vs. Trump.  I don't even really care about Hillary that much.

But she is not in the WH.  The sexual molester in chief, Donald Trump is.  Again, you are just looking for your old reliable pantomime villain to try to justify endorsing that colossal A hole.

• Like 1

"Boys ... (Serbian chuckle) ... Is just locker room talk."

Does anyone really blame Melanie Trump for sticking up for her husband against those he sexually abused?

Yet you are quick to cast stones against Hillary Clinton for a consensual extra-marital affair that her husband had with Monica Lewinsky.    She has said that it nearly destroyed her marriage which is a lot more than Melanie has said.

I don't have the time or energy to start a debate about Clinton vs. Trump.  I don't even really care about Hillary that much.

But she is not in the WH.  The sexual molester in chief, Donald Trump is.  Again, you are just looking for your old reliable pantomime villain to try to justify endorsing that colossal A hole.

I don't see any stones being cast against Hillary Clinton,  but instead the Dem party establishment,  women right organizations like NOW, and 99% of other left-leaning activist groups that continued to support Bill Clinton after women (not just Monica), came forward.     How many Dems in Congress voted for impeachment?   Now many failed to support him in his reelection bid?   

The point being that members of BOTH parties generally support their own, regardless of conduct.    Both are full of hypocrisy.  Both become tribal and circle the wagons.   

On October 23, 2017 at 12:40 AM, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't see any stones being cast against Hillary Clinton,  but instead the Dem party establishment,  women right organizations like NOW, and 99% of other left-leaning activist groups that continued to support Bill Clinton after women (not just Monica), came forward.     How many Dems in Congress voted for impeachment?   Now many failed to support him in his reelection bid?   

The point being that members of BOTH parties generally support their own, regardless of conduct.    Both are full of hypocrisy.  Both become tribal and circle the wagons.   

You would probably agree that this should stop when the politician is facing criminal investigation.  Trump and the GOP wished to extend Bill's dalliances to his wife's run for office which to me is not quite the same thing.

But again, here we are talking about Hillary Clinton instead of the molester in chief.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

You would probably agree that this should stop when the politician is facing criminal investigation.  Trump and the COP wished to extend Bill's dalliances to his wife's run for office which to me is not quite the same thing.

But again, here we are talking about Hillary Clinton instead of the molester in chief.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'this should stop';   If you mean that one should NOT support a politician that is under criminal investigation,  I do NOT agree.  Generally one should support politicians that have policy stances that are most aligned with their own.    NOW,  if the politician is found guilty that would be different;  then I would hope most members of the party would NOT support that politician in the next party primary.    (as an independent I know I wouldn't vote for a politician from any party that has been found guilty). 

Oh, and didn't Hillary Clinton face criminal investigations?  E.g. the FBI looking into the e-mail server 'concern'.    That was a criminal investigation.   Of course it ended in finding she did nothing illegal.  BUT,  you appear to be saying one should NOT support a politician that is just 'facing criminal investigation'.    Isn't that assuming guilt?   

As for Trump;  It is my understanding he has never been found guilty of any sexual assaults.  Not sure if he agreed to settlements (because if he had that would be enough of a smoking gun for me).  

9 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

As for Trump;  It is my understanding he has never been found guilty of any sexual assaults.  Not sure if he agreed to settlements (because if he had that would be enough of a smoking gun for me).  

How many court cases and settlements against Trump will it take then?  Trump University, Trump contractors, Trump's past racial discriminations in housing, Trump's ex-wife accusing him of assault?  His bone spurs, venomous attacks against Gold Star families, McCain, women, and the disabled.  His calls for violence at rallies.

I tended to believe the 12 women who accused Trump.  Most of them had contemporaneous witnesses.  And as it turns out most of the people who voted for him believed the women too.  But like Nip, they just didn't care.  What does that say?  Did they hate Hillary that much or being a criminal isn't that big a deal any more when choosing a president?

Part of the theoretical question that you posed mentions that the 'troubled' candidate espouses policies that you agree with.  In Trump's case I would seriously question anything he says and moreso if he was not saying these things just for effect.  He is a snake oil salesman after all and people with half of a brain should have seen that bigly.

10 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

How many court cases and settlements against Trump will it take then?  Trump University, Trump contractors, Trump's past racial discriminations in housing, Trump's ex-wife accusing him of assault?  His bone spurs, venomous attacks against Gold Star families, McCain, women, and the disabled.  His calls for violence at rallies.

I tended to believe the 12 women who accused Trump.  Most of them had contemporaneous witnesses.  And as it turns out most of the people who voted for him believed the women too.  But like Nip, they just didn't care.  What does that say?  Did they hate Hillary that much or being a criminal isn't that big a deal any more when choosing a president?

Part of the theoretical question that you posed mentions that the 'troubled' candidate espouses policies that you agree with.  In Trump's case I would seriously question anything he says and moreso if he was not saying these things just for effect.  He is a snake oil salesman after all and people with half of a brain should have seen that bigly.

Again,  character is overrated as it relates to determining how someone votes.    Partisans are hypocrites.   This is why most in the GOP voted for Trump and why most Dems voted for Bill Clinton (as well as many other examples especially for local \ state offices).      

Are you really saying you would NOT vote for a PM candidate where you agreed with 90% of their policy stances but instead the other PM where you disagreed with 90% of their policy stances,  because the one you agree with has character issues?