Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

What in the World is the Matter with Some Trump Supporters? Are They Crazy?

219 posts in this topic

Trump’s Core Voters Stand Out For Their Support Of Family Separation

The president’s earliest backers hold a nativist streak that distinguishes them even from other Republicans.

..........the latest addition to an already sizable body of evidence that the core group of voters who propelled Trump to the GOP nomination hold a nativist streak that distinguishes them even from other Republicans. The president’s initial backers, researchers have found, were considerably more likely than other Republicans to consider immigration a very important issue and to hold hostile attitudes toward immigrants.

As the rest of the YouGov/Economist poll shows, that divide has persisted since the 2016 primaries. GOP primary voters, as a whole, take hard-line views against undocumented immigrants, but the president’s earliest supporters are among the most likely to do so.

Trump primary voters are also notably averse to legal immigrants: They’re nearly twice as likely as other GOP primary voters to say that the government should curb legal immigration, and that immigration has made the U.S. worse off.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-voters-family-separation-poll_us_5b293726e4b0f0b9e9a5d72e?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:19 PM, Princess of Tap said:

What in the World is the Matter with Some Trump Supporters? Are They Crazy?

I don't know if they're crazy or not - the only thing I know for sure is that Clinton supporters are the most pathetic species alive now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

All these Trump stans keep calling Maxine Waters crazy, but they idolize a conspiracy theorist who sees imaginary crowds and uses fake personalities.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Maxine Waters calls for protesters to confront Trump officials in public: "Tell them they're not welcome anymore" http://hill.cm/ysWir6g 

DgfgdS5XUAACYjU.jpg

It's easy to scare poorly educated people.

Sorry, I didn't back-read this entire thread...

I had heard a story on NPR right after this election that illustrated the psychology of loyalty when it comes to supporting a candidate. Apparently, once a person decides who they like -and identify with-they stick with them. It doesn't matter how bad any reports are about their behaviour, they just brush it off as "propaganda" from the opposing side.

I was surprised this goes BOTH WAYS: it didn't matter if you were a Hillary supporter or Trump supporter, it's just the way the human mind works. If you believed Hillary was the best candidate, you focused on her strength & experience and pooh-poohed her "email scandal" and other accusations.
If you believed Trump was the best candidate, you focused on his claims to represent "everyman" and pooh-poohed his "sexist scandal" and other accusations.

So even though there is tons of actual footage of Trump making conflicting statements (like last weeks immigration "executive order") his supporters will continue to believe him and make excuses as to why this isn't lying. It's just human nature apparently.

1 hour ago, TikiSoo said:

Sorry, I didn't back-read this entire thread...

I had heard a story on NPR right after this election that illustrated the psychology of loyalty when it comes to supporting a candidate. Apparently, once a person decides who they like -and identify with-they stick with them. It doesn't matter how bad any reports are about their behaviour, they just brush it off as "propaganda" from the opposing side.

I was surprised this goes BOTH WAYS: it didn't matter if you were a Hillary supporter or Trump supporter, it's just the way the human mind works. If you believed Hillary was the best candidate, you focused on her strength & experience and pooh-poohed her "email scandal" and other accusations.
If you believed Trump was the best candidate, you focused on his claims to represent "everyman" and pooh-poohed his "sexist scandal" and other accusations.

So even though there is tons of actual footage of Trump making conflicting statements (like last weeks immigration "executive order") his supporters will continue to believe him and make excuses as to why this isn't lying. It's just human nature apparently.

Since I'm not in either category, I don't know if I could agree with that personally.  But that may be true for a lot of people.

50 minutes ago, jakeem said:

A Latino man and his mother who were doing yard work in California were verbally attacked by a woman who called them "illegals" and "rapists"

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/26/us/woman-berates-man-viral-rant-don-lemon-cnntv/index.html?utm_content=2018-06-26T07%3A38%3A22&utm_term=link&utm_source=twCNN&utm_medium=social

BZW2BU7E?format=jpg&name=600x314

Some of these trump supporters sure are some ignorant trashy son of a guns.

• Sad 1

My observation is there still are plenty of people who smoke cigarettes, eat copious amounts of fried, processed foods and drive huge bloated vehicles.

Not uninformed, just concerned with "me" and "now" instead of the big picture.

45 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Scary. A constituent just confronted me and told me I support open borders. I told her that’s not true and I’ve never said that. She said “@FoxNews said you do.” Guys, this is what we are up against. We aren’t battling ideology. We’re battling misinformation.

Not misinformation-- outright lies from Fox and acceptance by the bigoted-brainwashed audience.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, jakeem said:

These kids at Trump's Montana rally said one of the most important things they want the president to do is build his border wall because Mexicans are “overpopulating us"

Image result for kids at montana trump rally

54 minutes ago, jakeem said:

West Wing Reports Retweeted BuzzFeed News

Sad when hatred and ignorance are passed from one generation to the next

" You've got to be taught before it's too late,

Before you are six or seven or eight,

To hate all the people your relatives hate,

You've got to be carefully taught!"

Oscar Hammerstein II,  South Pacific

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

A store manager called the police on a black woman because he wrongly thought she used a fake coupon. The manager was a state delegate for Donald Trump.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/black-woman-says-cvs-manager-called-police-because-she-had-wrong-coupon/amp/

WZfJfnqw?format=jpg&name=600x314

White CVS store manager who calls police on black customer alleging fraudulent coupon--

Was accused of forging signatures on a petition by the Chicago Board of Election Commissioners in 2016.

What stupid thing will a trump supporter do next?

Morry Matson, a white CVS store manager in Chicago, called the police on a female black customer who tried to use a coupon.

Matson judged that the coupon was fraudulent and he called the police as his hands shook. 

Then three police officers showed up to handle the coupon situation.

The upside was that the manufacturer's coupon was legitimate and CVS had to apologize to the lady.

The downside of it is that the shakey store manager is a documented trump supporter, who was a trump State Delegate in the 2016 election. Currently Matson is also running for alderman in the 48th Ward on a platform of Law & Order. Maybe Matson thought the Law & Order should start with the black woman with the coupon. LOL

The internet has already nicknamed this guy,  "Coupon Carl".

When Matson is not calling the police on a black customer with a coupon that he has never seen before,

He serves as the president of the Log Cabin Republicans of Illinois, a conservative political organization promoting LGBTQ rights within the Republican Party.

Sources: Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, The Root

• Thanks 1