mr6666

Trump & International politics

573 posts in this topic

Donald Trump Provokes Anger in Spain by 'Mocking' Prime Minister at G20 Meeting

"....The left-wing prime minister turned to greet the president, but Trump barely broke his stride before pointing Sanchez back to his seat and walking on. The president said something to the prime minister as he did so, but it was not clear what.

Sanchez then took his seat with a sheepish grin as Trump moved away towards his own seat.

The video quickly spread online, with Spanish publications interpreting the exchange as a snub of the prime minister. El Pais—the second most-read daily in the country—described the president as "mocking" Sanchez. El Periodico said Trump's gesture was "ugly."...........

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-provokes-anger-spain-mocking-prime-minister-pedro-sanchez-1446504?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MSNBCVerified account @MSNBC

 

BREAKING: President Trump meets with Kim Jong Un at the DMZ, becomes first US president to enter North Korean territory. http://nbcnews.to/2IYcGoE 

===============================

Brian SchatzVerified account @brianschatz 3h3 hours ago

 

He’s just not good at negotiating, actually.

He just gave away something important

and he either doesn’t know or doesn’t care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mr6666 said:

MSNBCVerified account @MSNBC

 

BREAKING: President Trump meets with Kim Jong Un at the DMZ, becomes first US president to enter North Korean territory. http://nbcnews.to/2IYcGoE 

===============================

Brian SchatzVerified account @brianschatz 3h3 hours ago

 

He’s just not good at negotiating, actually.

He just gave away something important

and he either doesn’t know or doesn’t care.

Kyle GriffinVerified account @kylegriffin1 7h7 hours ago

 
 

"At this point I'm not sure what it is that President Trump is trying to accomplish,

because while all this engagement has gone on,

there has been no decline in the stockpile of North Korean nuclear weapons or missiles;

in fact they have increased them."  -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott DworkinVerified account @funder

Trump’s G-20 performance was pathetic.

He complimented the Saudi Crown Prince, who ordered the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi,

defended Putin’s attack on America

& brought his unqualified daughter and son-in-law.

 

Trump’s an international laughingstock & a stain on our country.  <_<

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mr6666 said:

POLITICOVerified account @politico 19h19 hours ago

 
 

The British government is defending its ambassador to the U.S. as merely doing his job

following reports of leaked memos in which he called President Trump and his administration

“dysfunctional” and “inept"

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/06/uk-ambassador-trump-1399259

<_<

Well, if it is the truth; what's so bad about it?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Julia Davis @JuliaDavisNews 7h7 hours ago

 

Trudeau about “Send Her Back” chants at Trump rally:

“The comments made were hurtful, wrong and completely unacceptable & I want everyone in Canada to know that those comments are completely unacceptable

and should not be allowed or encouraged in Canada.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

German Chancellor Angela Merkel Uses Anniversary of 'Operation Valkyrie' Hitler Assassination Plot

to Denounce 'Right-Wing Extremism'

".......Even though the plotters failed and were summarily executed for their efforts, the chancellor said the resistance movement nonetheless helped to forge a new Germany that was otherwise destined to live in the "darkness of National Socialism."

"Only by understanding our past can we build a good future," she said, pointing to the current Germany — a constitutional state where "citizens and government are bound by law and democracy." Chancellor said that without the resistance, this Germany might never have come to be.

"We can build on the courage of these people today," said Merkel, noting that people still have an obligation to "oppose all tendencies that seek to destroy democracy.

This includes right-wing extremism."........

https://www.newsweek.com/german-chancellor-angela-merkel-uses-anniversary-operation-valkyrie-hitler-assassination-plot-1450338?utm_medium=Social&amp;utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&amp;utm_source=Twitter

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U.N. chief says world will lose brake on nuclear war with end of INF treaty

 

with the expiration of the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) on Friday.

“This will likely heighten, not reduce, the threat posed by ballistic missiles,” Guterres told reporters. “Regardless of what transpires, the parties should avoid destabilizing developments and urgently seek agreement on a new common path for international arms control.”

Barring a last-minute decision by Russia to destroy a new medium-range missile that NATO says violates the INF, the United States is set to pull out of the accord on Aug. 2, arguing that it needs to develop its own warheads to deter Moscow.......

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-usa-missiles-un-idUSKCN1UR597?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&amp;utm_content=5d4333613ba2460001974c53&amp;utm_medium=trueAnthem&amp;utm_source=twitter

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick Knudsen

@DemWrite

·

16h

Sydney, Australia newspaper: “US in the Midst of a White Nationalist Terrorism Crisis.”

Uruguay issued a travel warning for any citizens traveling to the US, citing increasing indiscriminate violence rooted in racism.

 

The world is watching.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donald Trump took his rambling reality show to the world stage

"President Trump has taken his circus of personal aggrandizement abroad, joining leaders of the advanced world economies in the French seaside town of Biarritz for the Group of Seven summit. What little of the annual meeting Trump has attended has been split into different narratives of what actually happened and what the president claims happened.Call it a tale of two summits. In reality, the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, and Japan set an ambitious agenda that included an emergency meeting to address the blazing fires threatening the Amazon rainforest, tackling thorny issues of inflation and sagging development in Africa, addressing the spread of human rights abroad, and further plotting an international strategy to combat climate change.

You would not know it from his readout of the summit, where Trump kicked off his alternate reality tour with a ridiculous claim that the world leaders praised his governing genius while asking why the American media hates the United States when the country is “doing so well.”

Trump used precious time with the world leaders to make risible claims that were immediately tempered or outright rejected as factual by his G-7 partners..........

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/458849-donald-trump-took-his-rambling-reality-show-to-the-world-stage

:blink:

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Donald Trump took his rambling reality show to the world stage

"President Trump has taken his circus of personal aggrandizement abroad, joining leaders of the advanced world economies in the French seaside town of Biarritz for the Group of Seven summit. What little of the annual meeting Trump has attended has been split into different narratives of what actually happened and what the president claims happened.Call it a tale of two summits. In reality, the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, and Japan set an ambitious agenda that included an emergency meeting to address the blazing fires threatening the Amazon rainforest, tackling thorny issues of inflation and sagging development in Africa, addressing the spread of human rights abroad, and further plotting an international strategy to combat climate change.

You would not know it from his readout of the summit, where Trump kicked off his alternate reality tour with a ridiculous claim that the world leaders praised his governing genius while asking why the American media hates the United States when the country is “doing so well.”

Trump used precious time with the world leaders to make risible claims that were immediately tempered or outright rejected as factual by his G-7 partners..........

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/458849-donald-trump-took-his-rambling-reality-show-to-the-world-stage

:blink:

He was just disappointed that the Summit was about the world when it should have been about him.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

America’s Allies Seem to Be Moving On Without Trump

At the G7 meeting, leaders seemed to have given up on an agreement with him on trade, climate, and even whether Russian President Vladimir Putin is friend or foe.

 

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2019/08/trump-g7/596875/?utm_term=2019-08-26T21%3A58%3A50&amp;utm_content=edit-promo&amp;utm_medium=social&amp;utm_campaign=the-atlantic&amp;utm_source=twitter

-_-

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speculation is that Trump wants to hold the next G7/8 at his Doral resort near Miami Florida.  Will happen during the slow season for Florida resorts.

Obama held it at Camp David.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You gotta remember....

Trump comes from a "business" culture that's used to doing deals on either the golf course or during lunch at a "gentleman's club".  And in his current position the golf course would be a bit more prudent. ;) 

Sepiatone

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

You gotta remember....

Trump comes from a "business" culture that's used to doing deals on either the golf course or during lunch at a "gentleman's club".  And in his current position the golf course would be a bit more prudent. ;) 

Sepiatone

Not to mention how much money he would make by hosting G7 at his resort.  Of course, his "people" are saying they would transfer any proceeds above actual costs to the Federal government.  Yeah, right.  Of course just having some money coming in during the slow season and hurricane season is making a "profit" for his business.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But remember too, people are all the time crying for "transparency" in government, and you gotta admit.  you can EASILY see right through this clown.  ;) 

Sepiatone

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 27, 2019 at 12:51 PM, TheCid said:

Not to mention how much money he would make by hosting G7 at his resort.  Of course, his "people" are saying they would transfer any proceeds above actual costs to the Federal government.  Yeah, right.  Of course just having some money coming in during the slow season and hurricane season is making a "profit" for his business.

And don't forget that the G7 pumps tens of millions into these facilities on upgrades, something that Doral desperately needs apparently.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

And don't forget that the G7 pumps tens of millions into these facilities on upgrades, something that Doral desperately needs apparently.

Hopefully they can get rid of the bedbugs.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim Mattis warns of 'storm clouds gathering' without commitment to allies-

....."Nations with allies thrive, and those without them wither,” Mattis wrote. “Alone, America cannot protect our people and our economy.

At this time, we can see storm clouds gathering. A polemicist’s role is not sufficient for a leader.

A leader must display strategic acumen that incorporates respect for those nations that have stood with us when trouble loomed.” ...........

“I did as well as I could for as long as I could.”

“When my concrete solutions and strategic advice, especially keeping faith with our allies, no longer resonated, it was time to resign,....."

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/459097-mattis-warns-of-storm-clouds-gathering-without-commitment-to-allies

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us