Princess of Tap

What Are They Saying about trump? " He has the Mind of a 5th or 6th grader."

1,626 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

No words today. POTUS brags about killing people, taunting like a kid at recess. Boycott this bully. The Speaker of the House retires, like a rat deserting ship. Made the Ship Great, did ya? Cowards all of them. One of the lowest points in U.S. history. Attacked from within.

Nevertheless Democracy and the Rule of Law Will Prevail.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

There's a lot not to like about the Commander-in-Chief tweeting details of pending strikes on targets abroad. A lot. But what bothers me most is the cavalier and careless way he speaks about the use of force. It's not a video game. Lives are at stake here.

This is what Hillary Clinton meant when she said that trump didn't have the character or demeanor to be President of the United States of America.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

"He'll go down in history as a man who enabled the criminal abuses of Donald Trump so that the wealthiest people in the world could have even more money. It's a fitting legacy," says @ryanlcooper: http://bit.ly/2ECxyN9 

Daimjl-X0AELPBu.jpg

It's the beginning of the end of the Republican Party. I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to change their name, just like Le Pen's National Front in France is trying to do-- to obliterate their equally ugly pasts.

• Thanks 1

and if trump is distracted it has absolutely nothing to do with the spectre of an impending attempt to remove him from office if the democrats win the house and senate this november?

4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

and if trump is distracted it has absolutely nothing to do with the spectre of an impending attempt to remove him from office if the democrats win the house and senate this november?

I don't know if I would use the word " distracted", I think the word "distraught " would be a better choice here.

The FBI has just given drumpf's lawyer going over that may have even outdistanced the one that John Gotti's lawyer got.

In the final analysis, politics may not have very much to do with the inevitable that's going down.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Rogue WH Snr Advisor @RogueSNRadvisor 27m27 minutes ago

Trump coulda just stayed a rich, C-list celebrity with a pretty sweet life, & continued to do all of the corrupt, douchey BS he wanted, free and clear.

But he just had to tempt fate & run for President, and now it's going to bite him in the ****.

:lol:

This person is reading everybody's mind.

But GREED will out.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Ted Lieu Retweeted Holly Figueroa O'Reilly 🌊BWCS

Best part of this story? Doesn't matter if @realDonaldTrump fires Rosenstein or Mueller. Investigation into Michael Cohen is separate from the Mueller investigation. Trump cannot stop the career prosecutors & @FBI agents at the Southern District of New York from doing their jobs.

There's more than one way to skin a " Grab'em by the *****" creep.  MEOW

• Like 1

Michael Cohen has failed to live up to the first principle of being an attorney - if somebody has to go to jail, make sure it is your client and not you.  By working independently of Trump - so he claims with his own words - he became a "fixer" and ceased being an attorney.  That is why there is no privileged communication. This is not like when Ken Starr was trying to get his hands on the communications between the late Vince Foster and his attorney. Foster's attorney actually WAS acting as an attorney and thus the communication was private. Even if Foster was already dead. I can't remember which way the courts went on that one, but that is the difference.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

Percentage of Trump's Presidential pardons that were granted to white male Trump supporters who had been charged with obstruction of justice or defying court orders: 100%

1) Joe Arpaio

2) Kristian Saucier

3) Scooter Libby

Al Capone knew how to take care of his own too.

• Like 1

Unfit to Command

With the president in an agitated state, preoccupied with his legal troubles, this is no time for war.

".... This president is not in command of himself. He’s obsessed with his own problems. He seethes with rage and resentment for all the world to view—and those emotions are visibly distorting his decision-making. The consolation we’re offered for this broken presidency is that the president is not in fact truly in charge of it. Decisions about war and peace are not really being made by Trump, but by more judicious and responsible people behind the scenes. Even if that were true, it’s not exactly cheering: The safety of the United States and the peace of the world is being protected by subverting the American constitutional scheme. ....

The Syria operation was mostly a stunt: It sends a message of disapproval without altering the administration’s inward acceptance of Assad’s victory in the Syrian Civil War. Trump even tweeted notice of the missile strike 60 hours in advance, extending the Russians and Syrians time to ready themselves. The risk that this strike could escalate into something more serious seems vanishingly small.

But other and larger military decisions loom ahead: Iran, Korea, Afghanistan, and conceivably even confrontations with China. The person nominally in charge is in no psychic state for his office. His condition is deteriorating—and with that personal deterioration, there also deteriorates America’s security and standing in the world.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/04/unfit-to-command/558074/?utm_source=atltw

-_-

Sure, I do suppose with what all is going on in this country and around the world, for this country's president to be obsessing about what someone he doesn't like wrote in some book that most people won't bother reading anyway seems a bit silly.  And lacking in "leadership" quality.

BTW:  One cute thing in a recent newspaper edition;  In an "op-ed" piece, a letter writer referred to President Trump as "Tweetie Bird". :D   I thought that was pretty funny.

Sepiatone

14 minutes ago, jakeem said:

I've said before—and will say again—that the reason the GOP won't stand up to Trump is they think if they do it means the end of the Republican Party. Trump has threatened before—and will again—splintering off 30% of the party if it crosses him. And it'd work—it'd *end* the GOP.

I guess the GOP will be the last to know that the integrity and viability of their party has already ended.

Now it's nothing more than a dead poisonous snake, who could, however, still kill you with a reflex bite.

Madeleine Albright: Trump Is 'The Least Democratic President of Modern History'

The modern world provides a "petri dish" for fascism, the former secretary of state argues.

........“I do think he is the least democratic president of modern history.” Trump, it seems, contributes to the petri dish:

“His instincts are not democratic,” Albright argued, pointing to his attacks on the press, “how he treats the judiciary,” and his tendency to create “us-versus-them” divisions in his rhetoric. These are “tendencies that make me very nervous,” she said. ......

The petri dish of fascism, Albright argued, requires several catalysts mixed together: It needs a leader with antidemocratic tendencies, as well as a populace that puts certain kinds of pressures on that leader. Albright calls the force of the populace a “pressure from below”; fascism, she argued, comes “bottom up” through people who feel they’ve been discriminated against or denied job opportunities.

“And then,” Albright concluded, “there’s a leader from above who takes advantage of disquiet and makes it worse by exacerbating the divisions in society.”

Asked if she sees in America today the same preconditions for fascism that she’s seen in the other countries she’s studied, Albright pointed to a few similarities: the sense of disenfranchisement among the American people, the anger over a lack of jobs and educational opportunity, and the instinct to blame foreigners for problems.

“We’re operating on the fear factor,” she said. ....

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/04/madeleine-albright-conversation-fascism/558254/?utm_source=atltw

50 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Any person who pretends to be someone he isn’t and calls reporters and tells them bald faced lies about his sexual prowess or how rich he is has serious mental illness. That person sits in the Oval Office. God or the GOP help us.

I think we may be out of luck on this one.

God takes care of fools , drunks and foolish drunken Democrats.

But the GOP is on its own.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

We're inured to it, but the president publicly calling someone a drugged-up loser while heading to the golf course he owns as past presidents head to a former first lady's memorial service is something.

trump-- should just be thankful today that Barbara Bush's husband,  though in ill- Health, has outlived her.

Because if Barbara's husband, the 41st President of the United States of America, had gone first and this was his official memorial service today, then trump would have been forced not only to attend, but to participate.

I would have enjoyed seeing trump being forced to be presidential and treat people with respect, which is something that not only does not come easy for him, but something that he has no concept of why he should even be doing it.