Princess of Tap

What Are They Saying about trump? " He's a******* Moron! "

1,008 posts in this topic

I speak French; I don't speak German. And thanks to Hitler I never want to learn it.

As a small child my father wanted us to learn about the Holocaust as soon as possible. And we had to watch those Walter Cronkite documentaries called the 20th Century on World War II.

Seems like each one was just some awful frightening speech by Hitler. They were just horrible; it made me hate the language.

I guess that's understandable, though I would never shy away from

learning a language just because a bad man spoke it. That's like

not wanting to learn Russian because Stalin spoke it, but it's an

individual thing. Anyway, Hitler was an Austrian. :)

I speak French; I don't speak German. And thanks to Hitler I never want to learn it.

As a small child my father wanted us to learn about the Holocaust as soon as possible. And we had to watch those Walter Cronkite documentaries called the 20th Century on World War II.

Seems like each one was just some awful frightening speech by Hitler. They were just horrible; it made me hate the language.

Well, to tell ya the truth here Princess, I, MYSELF, am even beginning to get a little turned off with the ENGLISH language lately, and especially so after every time I see and hear our arrested-developed POTUS open HIS pie hole on the TV news this past year!

;)

(...and in HIS case of course, it's NOT just because I never particularly cared for the sound of a New York City accent)

LOL

• Like 1

...moved post to the "Taking a Break" thread...

Edited by Dargo

http://www.thedailybeast.com/al-gores-advice-to-president-trump-resign

1. STRAIGHT TALK

an hour ago

Al Gore’s Advice to President Trump: ‘Resign’

Former Democratic Vice President Al Gore’s best advice to President Donald Trump is for the real-estate mogul to abandon his post, he said in an interview with LADbible. “Resign,” urged Gore. The environmentalist is on a promotional tour for his new movie An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth To Power. Gore has been noticeably more critical of Trump in recent weeks while talking about the climate crisis, and he met with then-president-elect Trump before the New York magnate took office. “I thought, actually there was a chance he might come to his senses,” Gore said on Real Time with Bill Maher, thinking back on that December jaunt to Trump Tower. In another interview, on NBC’s TODAY show, Gore said, “We’ve never had a president who’s deliberately made decisions the effect of which is to tear down America’s standing in the world.”

• Like 2

Trump only cares about his bottom line: how he can use the presidency to enrich his personal fortune. So, this is the kind of thing that will hurt him:

Three organizations pull events from Trump's Mar-a-Lago

The Cleveland Clinic, the American Cancer Society and American Friends of Magen David Adom have all axed plans for galas at Trump's private Mar-a-Lago club.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/17/news/companies/cleveland-clinic-trump-mar-a-lago/index.html

• Like 2

what did jake and I tell you? give donny a chance. :D 

Yes Trump is the Great Unifier. Soon the whole world will be unified....against him and his insane rants!

• Like 1

I did like Bannon's disheveled look. He was the only member of Team

Trump who didn't look like he came out of a white bread cookie cutter.

It may amuse Trump voters to know that NY Wall Street Goldman Sachs Democrats and real estate types are now in the ascendant in the Trump White House: Cohn, Mnuchin, Kushner, etc.

Trump may continue to give lip service to the Basket of Deplorables, but the real economic policy will come from Goldman Sachs. So for all that wikileaks fuss that Trump and Assange cooked up about Hillary's Goldman Sachs speaking fees, it's Trump who has put Goldman Sachs in charge!

0.jpg

• Like 2

It may amuse Trump voters to know that NY Wall Street Goldman Sachs Democrats and real estate types are now in the ascendant in the Trump White House: Cohn, Mnuchin, Kushner, etc.

Trump may continue to give lip service to the Basket of Deplorables, but the real economic policy will come from Goldman Sachs. So for all that wikileaks fuss that Trump and Assange cooked up about Hillary's Goldman Sachs speaking fees, it's Trump who has put Goldman Sachs in charge!

So Goldman Sachs would have been in charge regardless of who won.

Clinton's presidency likely would have been a disaster.  Not one of her own making like Trump's but one rendered ineffective at best by the GOP.  And she would have been their pantomime villian every day which would likely have resulted in more Democrat losses in 2018 and the GOP winning in 2020.  

The downside of her losing is all those inane petty executive orders that Trump is signing which isn't making America a better place to live.

Trump is dying for Obama and Clinton to come back and criticize him so he can have his pantomime villains back.

• Like 1

Arthur Laurents once told me that Goldman Sachs rules the country.

With Hillary, at least we wouldn't be doing all the bad stuff Trump is doing -- Supreme Court, rolling back protections, civil rights abuses, climate change, support for Nazis and K K K, etc.

• Like 1

With Hillary, at least we wouldn't be doing all the bad stuff Trump is doing -- Supreme Court, rolling back protections, civil rights abuses, climate change, support for Nazis and K K K, etc.

Well of course Hillary would have been more presidential than Trump.    That isn't setting a very high bar.    

(Swith--You know you really can drive a person crazy the way you throw around these terrific names.

Arthur Laurents was a great artist!)

Well, while I have never been a big fan of Hillary Clinton, I certainly voted for her - - I would hardly say that she would be just presidential.

She would do a good job holding up the status quo and trying to at least improve things a little bit--also she wouldn't be tearing down and destroying things from Obama and previous Administrations.

Politics in a democracy isn't about All or Nothing: it's about compromise, that is simply the way it is.

We are e falling into a morass that is taking us back about 60 years. And it's just not really very funny.

It's just like when you have been in a terrible tornado or fire and your home has been badly damaged. There's no way of knowing how bad the damage actually is until you get inside and look around.

No, Hillary would certainly be doing more than just acting presidential.

FYI-- The United States is the greatest capitalist country in the world. So it's evident that Wall Street is going to have to have a big say in any leadership that's going to go on here.

• Like 3

45]17Abqxbo_bigger.jpegKenneth P. VogelVerified account @kenvogel

More

Donald Trump's graduation from @Wharton "is a burden the Wharton School has to bear," Wharton prof Bernard Anderson says on @cspanwj .

Well, I think they can bear it because they didn't have any problem spending Papa Fred Trump's money to get his

Idiot Son in and out of there.

• Like 1