mr6666

Trump vs. the Press/Media

659 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

We see that none of these stories has turned a Trump supporter at this forum into a NON Trump supporter.

We have a special breed of right-wing extremism at this forum. #Trump4Life

So why would someone that was a loyal Hannity viewer and was a Trump supporter no longer want to watch Hannity?

They died. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

James, I don't know.

But one of our most staunch Trump supporters here online swears he never watches Fox and that he is a hardcore viewer of CNN.  He often  talks about their programming on a daily basis.

That really surprised me.

Yes, actually only one of the Trump supporters here admits to watching Fox News.

35 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

The Lead CNNVerified account @TheLeadCNN 1h1 hour ago

.@jaketapper: CNN reported in November that Trump was contemplating replacing Tillerson within the next few months; to which he tweeted “fake news!”

Reminder that the President uses the term “fake news” to mean “news that is accurate, but I don’t like seeing it reported.”

-_-

It looks to me like Tapper still doesn't understand how Trump defines 'fake news';  fake news is speculation or 'news' that isn't relevant.    Therefore  Trump contemplating replacing Tillerson is fake news while Trump actually firing Tillerson is real news.

In addition a prediction or speculation isn't 'accurate' only when it comes true.   If I say the Clippers are going to win the NBA title  and that prediction is reported, that reporting is accurate regardless of who wins the title. 

While I don't agree with Trump here,   I do feel too much of CNN's 'news' is speculation.    E.g. Trump is going to fire Mueller.    When speculation goes on and on over a course of months and months,  it starts to look to me like 'fake news'.       (and now that Tillerson was fired,  the song starts again).

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Sarah Sanders on former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe's future: "That is a determination that we would leave to Attorney General Sessions, but we do think it is well documented that he has had some very troubling behavior and by most accounts a bad actor"

Related image

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Joe Scarborough Retweeted NBC Politics

What an ignorant thing to say. Andrew McCabe served honorably in the FBI on the SWAT team, fighting organized crime, combating terrorism, investigating the Boston Marathon bombing and securing the arrest of the terrorist who conspired on the Benghazi attack. He is a hero.

What  excellent assessments of both the White House Press Secretary and the FBI Veteran Officer by Joe Scarborough, a former four-term congressman from Florida and currently a MSNBC  Cable News Host.

Trump's White House is slamming journalists for reporting on possible staff shake-ups. But Trump himself is the one leaking the stories. .....

".....But according to White House chief of staff John Kelly, those stories are coming directly from Trump.

Kelly held an off-the-record briefing with reporters, but excluded Axios, which then was under no obligation to keep his name out the story.

Axios reported that according to Kelly, “his boss, Donald Trump, is likely speculating about staff moves to people outside the White House and that reporters are then talking to those people.” Further, “a good deal of the news” about possible replacements can be attributed to Trump.

In other words, Trump is creating the news and then sending his press secretary to attack journalists for reporting what he’s telling them....

https://shareblue.com/white-house-trump-leaking-staff-shakeups/

------------------------

-playing the press like a 'reality show'

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EXCITING EPISODE!!

:blink:

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Lt. Col. Ralph Peters has quit his role as a Fox News contributor, BuzzFeed reports, saying: "Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine."

8ez9584d?format=jpg&name=600x314

2b07.png

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

An “ashamed” Fox News commentator emailed his colleagues that he was quitting the “propaganda machine” https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomnamako/ralph-peters?utm_term=4ldqpgc&bftwnews#4ldqpgc 

DYwgYj5XUAIB7M6.jpg

A comment from an Insider who was Fed Up

• Thanks 1

When exactly was Fox not a mere propaganda machine?

5 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

When exactly was Fox not a mere propaganda machine?

Vautrin--

In all fairness they used to put up a little bit of a front.

Now that they're running PR for the Oval Office, I guess they don't have to.

You have to remember there was a time when Fox had such "genuine" conservative political commentators as George F Will and Karl Rove. People like that have long since disappeared.

And I wonder how much time Shep Smith and Chris Wallace have left?

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Vautrin--

In all fairness they used to put up a little bit of a front.

Now that they're running PR for the Oval Office, I guess they don't have to.

You have to remember there was a time when Fox had such "genuine" conservative political commentators as George F Will and Karl Rove. People like that have long since disappeared.

And I wonder how much time Shep Smith and Chris Wallace have left?

Fox has always depended on the old liberal bias myth. That way they could pretend

their right wing stance was just a correction to that and so they were really bringing

viewers the true news. I don't think too many people buy that bs any more. I suppose

that George Will could never do the name dropping on TV that he likes to do in his column.

Ted Williams, Lenin, and Hayek all mentioned for no truly discernible reason.

he kinda looks like allan ormsby is children shouldn't play with dead things.

:D

• Haha 1

Sinclair Broadcasting has a new tie to Russia Today, a Kremlin propaganda outlet.

Trump-loving Sinclair Broadcasting, the local television behemoth that forces its affiliates to run GOP-friendly commentaries, seems to be following the Republican Party’s path of persuasion toward the Kremlin.

Not only is the company demanding its local anchors to read on-air statements denouncing, “fake news” and warning of the dangers of “one-sided news stories plaguing our country.” But the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that Sinclair has hired at least one producer who used to work for the Russian propaganda outlet Russia Today....

RT, or Russia Today, “was conceived as a soft-power tool to improve Russia’s image abroad, to counter the anti-Russian bias the Kremlin saw in the Western media,” according to the Columbia Journalism Review. “Since its founding in 2005, however, the broadcast outlet has become better known as an extension of former President Vladimir Putin’s confrontational foreign policy.” ................

https://shareblue.com/sinclair-broadcasting-trump-tv-russia-propaganda-conspiracies/

-_-

Here are the "manipulative" ads Sinclair forced local anchors to read, now airing across the country

"In the script obtained by CNN, Sinclair reporters focused on mainstream press, attacking unnamed "national media outlets" for publishing "fake stories." At points, the script appears to echo President Donald Trump's attacks on press with cries of "fake news." (Though the final version of the script, as NPR noted in an interview with a Sinclair executive about the promotional spots, no longer included "the word national ... coupled to the word media.") Reporters at some of the Sinclair-owned or -operated stations shared concerns with CNN’s Brian Stelter, calling the corporate-dictated segment requirements “inappropriate” and “manipulative.”

Apart from disparaging statements about non-Sinclair news outlets, the ads mostly contain trite and inoffensive statements supporting responsible, “balanced” journalism -- and that’s part of the problem. As Stelter noted, “On its face, some of the language is not controversial. But that's precisely why some staffers were so troubled by it. The promo script, they say, belies Sinclair management's actual agenda to tilt reporting to the right.” One staffer told CNN they “felt like a POW recording a message.”,,,,,,

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/03/29/here-are-manipulative-ads-sinclair-forced-local-anchors-read-now-airing-across-country/219779

How America's largest local TV owner turned its news anchors into soldiers in Trump's war on the media: https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/how-americas-largest-local-tv-owner-turned-its-news-anc-1824233490 

Image result for deadspin on sinclair broadcasting images

Ben MankiewiczVerified account @BenMank77 8h8 hours ago

This is an abomination, a disgrace...and it’s frightening. Thousands have sounded the alarm on Sinclair, but seeing it implemented is more chilling than I anticipated.