mr6666

Trump vs. the Press/Media

601 posts in this topic

NBC Is Building A Trump Normalization Machine-

"After running a proto-fascist campaign, President-elect Donald Trump will bring his hate, misogyny, and bigotry to the White House at the end of the month. And when he does, NBC will have a machine ready to normalize him.

Morning Joe host Joe Scarborough is cozying up to Trump, the network is literally paying Trump through Celebrity Apprentice, and MSNBC is reportedly in talks to hire Greta Van Susteren, a longtime Fox News host with a history of treating Trump with kid gloves. And now Megyn Kelly, who famously buried the hatchet with Trump by lobbing him a softball interview and then withheld information about him until after the election, is also going to work for NBC.

By any measure, the Trump normalization effort at NBC begins at the top,....

All of this bears close watching. But the long and short of it is that the network seems primed to become a Trump normalization machine.

In short, Fox News finally has competition."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/01/04/nbc-building-trump-normalization-machine/214925

:(

NBC Is Building A Trump Normalization Machine-

"After running a proto-fascist campaign, President-elect Donald Trump will bring his hate, misogyny, and bigotry to the White House at the end of the month. And when he does, NBC will have a machine ready to normalize him.

Morning Joe host Joe Scarborough is cozying up to Trump, the network is literally paying Trump through Celebrity Apprentice, and MSNBC is reportedly in talks to hire Greta Van Susteren, a longtime Fox News host with a history of treating Trump with kid gloves. And now Megyn Kelly, who famously buried the hatchet with Trump by lobbing him a softball interview and then withheld information about him until after the election, is also going to work for NBC.

By any measure, the Trump normalization effort at NBC begins at the top,....

All of this bears close watching. But the long and short of it is that the network seems primed to become a Trump normalization machine.

In short, Fox News finally has competition."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/01/04/nbc-building-trump-normalization-machine/214925

:(

Boring.jpg

How To Overwhelm The Media-

"President-elect Donald Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell have scheduled several Senate confirmation hearings for Trump’s cabinet picks -- as well as Trump’s first (and likely only) press conference of the transition -- on a single day next week.

The strategy seems designed to ensure that the media is unable to devote sufficient scrutiny to each story and to reduce the possibility of an educated public responding.....

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/01/05/how-overwhelm-media/214932

Prospects for the American Press Under Trump-

"For a free press as a check on power this is the darkest time in American history since World War I, when there was massive censorship and suppression of dissent. I say this because so many things are happening at once to disarm and disable serious journalism,......

The common elements: Low trust all around, an emboldened and nationalist right wing that treats the press as natural enemy, the bill coming due for decades of coasting on a model in political reporting that worked well for “junkies” but failed to engage the rest of us, the strange and disorientating fact that reality itself seems to have become a weaker force in politics, the appeal of the “strong man” and his propaganda within an atmosphere of radical doubt, the difficulty of applying standard methods of journalism to a figure in power who is not trying to represent reality but to substitute himself for it as a show of strength, the unsuitability of prior routine as professionals in journalism try to confront these confusing conditions, a damaged economic base, weak institutional structure and newsroom mono-culture that hinders any creative response, and a dawning recognition that freedom of the press is a fragile state, not a constitutional certainty.

http://billmoyers.com/story/winter-coming-prospects-american-press-trump/

• Like 2

captain donny tells it.

So the GOP announces that the border 'wall' should be built with Federal dollars  (and NOT Federally pesos).

While I hoping the Feds recover some of the cost by taxing dollars sent from the USA to Mexico (which I believe is around 55 billion a year),   anyone with a brain should have known Trump was blowing hot air.    Face it,  Trump rarely tells it like it is.   

When you're a serial liar like Trump,

it is a good idea to attack first.

In another move to try and hide the truth regarding Trump's six most questionable nominees, not only is McConnell scheduling the hearings for the same time, now Trump has announced he will have his first press confererence in SEVEN months the same day.

In other words, the media will be unable to adequately cover and report on the six nominees hearings and to present background information on them.

Deception, deceit, mendacity, corruption, unethical behavior, ad infinitum.

i

In another move to try and hide the truth regarding Trump's six most questionable nominees, not only is McConnell scheduling the hearings for the same time, now Trump has announced he will have his first press confererence in SEVEN months the same day.

In other words, the media will be unable to adequately cover and report on the six nominees hearings and to present background information on them.

Deception, deceit, mendacity, corruption, unethical behavior, ad infinitum...

it's good to be home again!

just smell that corruption! ("smells like an old sofa" -dennis weaver, twilight zone ep 'shadow play'

"it'll stay with ya a week!" -gene saks, the prisoner of second avenue

:D 

Chuck Todd:

"The press conference gets interrupted, you have a lawyer in here [who] does half legal talk, half political spin,” the NBC host continued. “I’ve never seen that, using the lawyer to say, ‘He’s here to make America great again. And oh by the way, I’m going to play constitutional lawyer.'”

“So I am struck at how normal crazy looked to us today. I mean, this was just a crazy scene. This is the normal of Donald Trump.”

“If we were Turkey and we saw that the Turkish intelligence officials were leaking stuff on [Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan], we would say, ‘Boy, there’s a political crisis going on in that country,'” Todd pointed out. “That’s what this looks like from the outside world. The next commander-in-chief and the best, most powerful intelligence services in the world of the United States of America are at war with each other.”

“This is a problem.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/trump-presser-rattles-chuck-todd-i-am-struck-at-how-normal-crazy-looked/

• Like 2

I only looked in on 10 minutes of Trump's news conference today.

I can't imagine sitting through four years of this kind of sophmoric public skeaking.

But, I can't honestly say that Trump was a bore......

He was more of a BOOR.

Sepiatone

How To Overwhelm The Media-

"President-elect Donald Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell have scheduled several Senate confirmation hearings for Trump’s cabinet picks -- as well as Trump’s first (and likely only) press conference of the transition -- on a single day next week.

The strategy seems designed to ensure that the media is unable to devote sufficient scrutiny to each story and to reduce the possibility of an educated public responding.....

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/01/05/how-overwhelm-media/214932

Yeah, they've got it down pat............

I only looked in on 10 minutes of Trump's news conference today.

I can't imagine sitting through four years of this kind of sophmoric public skeaking.

But, I can't honestly say that Trump was a bore......

He was more of a BOOR.

Sepiatone

Dont worry, he's not going to last 4 years. I'll be surprised if he lasts ONE year..........

Dont worry, he's not going to last 4 years. I'll be surprised if he lasts ONE year..........

Only hope is that he gets mad and resigns.  However, I seriously doubt that will happen.  We will have Trump for four years and maybe then he will decide not to run for re-election.

"Trump filled the room with paid staffers who clapped and cheered as he blasted members of the media as purveyors of “fake news.”

It was Trump’s method of battling back an extraordinary report that U.S. intelligence officials have presented both Trump and President Barack Obama with unverified allegations that Russia has compromising information about the incoming 45th president,....

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-press-conference-paid-staffers-media-233496?cmpid=sf

:blink:

Resigning wasnt the only event I was thinking of..........

Maybe Obama will pardon Sirhan Sirhan.

The forceful way in which Trump went after the 'dishonest' media yesterday for getting it wrong on his involvement with Russia and the Kremlin holding incriminating evidence on him reminded me of the way in which he attacked the 12 'lying' women who accused him of sexual molestation.  He's an actor as Meryl Streep pointed out.  Her message about safe-guarding the press seems all the more pertinent today.

From Golden Globes to Golden Showers. Trump has the Midas Touch.

What tickles me about the Buzzfeed hullabaloo is that Trump insisted that we all read the National Inquirer back in May about Ted Cruz' pop being buddies with Lee Harvey Oswald. Yet what is good for the goose is not good for the gander.

• Like 1

From Golden Globes to Golden Showers. Trump has the Midas Touch.

What tickles me about the Buzzfeed hullabaloo is that Trump insisted that we all read the National Inquirer back in May about Ted Cruz' pop being buddies with Lee Harvey Oswald. Yet what is good for the goose is not good for the gander.

Yes, he can pound his little fists at dishonesty in others while tweeting horrible pictures of an opponent's wife, slandering people left right and centre and suggesting people should march on Washington to depose an illegitimate president.  A horrible human being in every sense.  Millions of Americans voted for him.

• Like 3

Heh.

And didja notice he made reference to his plans for his SECOND term?

How very JIMMY CARTER of him!  :D

Sepiatone

First the temper tantrum over Meryl Streep. Then the angry press conference attack on two media outlets. After he croaks from his heart attack in office, will the country mourn as much as they did Warren G. Harding?

Heh.

And didja notice he made reference to his plans for his SECOND term?

How very JIMMY CARTER of him!  :D

Sepiatone

LOL. No, I didnt! Talk about living in a dream world. I skip the news mostly. The less I see and hear him the better. I dont need to see his ugly face..........

First the temper tantrum over Meryl Streep. Then the angry press conference attack on two media outlets. After he croaks from his heart attack in office, will the country mourn as much as they did Warren G. Harding?

No, not that much..........

• Like 1