mr6666

Trump vs. the Press/Media

713 posts in this topic

LOL. No, I didnt! Talk about living in a dream world. I skip the news mostly. The less I see and hear him the better. I dont need to see his ugly face..........

Yeah, the only quote I can almost give on it is when he mentioned something like, " At the end of EIGHT YEARS this country is gonna be in such great shape...."

Sepiatone

"Russian journalist Alexey Kovalev wrote a letter to his “doomed colleagues in the American media” about how they are now facing what Russian reporters have been facing for years.

“Congratulations, US media!” Kovalev wrote at Medium.com. “You’ve just covered your first press conference of an authoritarian leader with a massive ego and a deep disdain for your trade and everything you hold dear.”

“We in Russia have been doing it for 12 years now  —

“There will be people from publications that exist for no other reason than heaping fawning praise on him and attacking his enemies,” Kovalev wrote. “But there will also be one token critic who will be allowed to ask a ‘sharp’ question, only to be drowned in a copious amount of ****, and the man on the stage will always be the winner (‘See? I respect the media and free speech’).”

You’re always losing

“This man owns you,” said Kovalev. “He understands perfectly well that he is the news. You can’t ignore him. You’re always playing by his rules  --

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/welcome-to-the-era-of-bullsht-russian-journalist-pens-letter-to-my-doomed-colleagues-in-us-media/

Orig. ARTICLE: https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/you-thought-this-was-rock-bottom-america-but-the-russians-are-knocking-from-below-56789

• Like 5

CNN's web site is reporting this morning that Keith Spice Girls and the Trumplethinskin transition team are contemplating barring the press from the white house as they are the "opposition."

Another idea had them finding a larger hall for press conferences.  This I would think is for the continued practise of having cheerleaders in the audience who will respond favourably to Trump.

Goodbye Constitution.

I wonder how long it will be until we start seeing shoe stores and department store shoe departments carrying a line of  "Donald Trump Prsidential FLIP-FLOPS".

Sepiatone

• Like 2

"The Guardian, which is one of Great Britain’s non-tabloid (i.e. actual news) papers, is most famous for their collaborative effort with 400 news organization in breaking the news of the leaked “Panama Papers,” which exposed the financial dealings of politicians and capitalists and their offshore finances.

The Guardian says that they released the Panama Papers and they are ready to do the same with Trump and they are asking for the cooperation of as much of their fellow media sources as possible:

The Guardian then offered steps to battle the “alternative facts” being offered to the media. Reporters need to work together. If one question is snubbed, reporters need to pick up that baton and repeat the question till it’s answered.

The Guardian is also trying to convince competitors to truly work together and share stories and yes, like with the Panama Papers, collaborate....

"This seems even more important as the president acts like one of the oligarchs that journalists like the two of us, who work on international corruption, investigate again and again.

He threatened his Democratic opponent with jail, he is making promises no one can fulfill, he is mixing family and government, he is mixing business and government, he is obstructing control and he is fighting the freedom of press.

This government has decided to go down a new and hostile path. Now, it is time for us to change path, too. That’s not only just fair – it is absolutely necessary."

http://newcenturytimes.com/2017/01/24/major-newspaper-just-vowed-to-take-down-trump-heres-how/

• Like 1

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Congratulations to @FoxNews for being number one in inauguration ratings. They were many times higher than FAKE NEWS @CNN - public is smart!

8:16 PM - 24 Jan 2017

Gabriel Sherman @gabrielsherman

Trump's public endorsement of Fox News over cable news rivals is something I've never seen before. He's acknowledging Fox is now state TV.

9:16 PM - 24 Jan 2017

"Never before has a President Of The United States endorsed a media outlet while condemning another. It is not the job of the President to tell the American people where to get their news. Fox News was always the conservative news network, but thanks to Trump’s endorsement, they should now be formally viewed as the administration’s propaganda outlet....

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/25/fair-balanced-facade-blown-bits-trump-endorses-fox-news-state-tv.html

-_-

• Like 1

"Never before has a President Of The United States endorsed a media outlet while condemning another. It is not the job of the President to tell the American people where to get their news. Fox News was always the conservative news network, but thanks to Trump’s endorsement, they should now be formally viewed as the administration’s propaganda outlet....

Was there anybody not already doing that?

• Like 1

Was there anybody not already doing that?

I wonder if Trump would have made that comment if Kelly had remained with Fox.    

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Congratulations to @FoxNews for being number one in inauguration ratings. They were many times higher than FAKE NEWS @CNN - public is smart!

8:16 PM - 24 Jan 2017

Gabriel Sherman @gabrielsherman

Trump's public endorsement of Fox News over cable news rivals is something I've never seen before. He's acknowledging Fox is now state TV.

9:16 PM - 24 Jan 2017

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/25/fair-balanced-facade-blown-bits-trump-endorses-fox-news-state-tv.html

-_-

It certainly tells you who were watching.  This seems like a self-inflicted wound on Trump's part if you really think about it.  Not many people other than staunch right wingers were interested in watching.  Thanks Donald for confirming that!

CNN debunked this this morning saying that their numbers were the same as Fox.

Edited by Bogie56
  • Like 1

"The media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for awhile,” Steve Bannon told The New York Times yesterday. “I want you to quote this. The media here is the opposition party. They don’t understand this country. They still do not understand why Donald Trump is the president of the United States.”

Steve Bannon has laid bare the Trump administration’s expectations for the press. Trump’s team has no respect for the place of adversarial journalism in the democratic process. The president and his administration's officials want -- and believe they deserve -- favorable coverage. And if they don’t get it, they will lash out at reporters, outlets, and the media as a whole....

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/01/26/steve-bannon-media-kneel-trump/215144

"According to Politico, the Trump White House will no longer send spokespeople or surrogates onto CNN shows, complaining that the cable news network broadcasts “fake news.”

“We’re sending surrogates to places where we think it makes sense to promote our agenda,” a White House official told Politico, indicating they believe CNN has been unfair to them.

A CNN reporter, speaking on background, was more blunt: The White House is trying to punish the network and force down its ratings.

“They’re trying to cull CNN from the herd,” the reporter said.....

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-cnn-press-234455

"According to Politico, the Trump White House will no longer send spokespeople or surrogates onto CNN shows, complaining that the cable news network broadcasts “fake news.”

“We’re sending surrogates to places where we think it makes sense to promote our agenda,” a White House official told Politico, indicating they believe CNN has been unfair to them.

A CNN reporter, speaking on background, was more blunt: The White House is trying to punish the network and force down its ratings.

“They’re trying to cull CNN from the herd,” the reporter said.....

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-cnn-press-234455

Surrogates are not news anyway.  Personally I'm glad to see them go.

Surrogates are not news anyway.  Personally I'm glad to see them go.

Yep. Just talking parrots. No great loss.......

Reuters orders reporters to cover Trump like an authoritarian regime: Expect ‘physical threats’-

"Adler said that reporters could use experience learned in “nations in which we sometimes encounter some combination of censorship, legal prosecution, visa denials, and even physical threats to our journalists.”

Among other advice, the news agency pointed out that reporters should “[g]ive up on hand-outs and worry less about official access.”

“They were never all that valuable anyway.......

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/reuters-orders-reporters-to-cover-trump-like-an-authoritarian-regime-expect-physical-threats/

Whither Melania Trump - probably filing for a divorce.

Funny you should say that. Some are saying that's exactly what Michelle Obama is doing right now.