mr6666

Trump vs. the Press/Media

784 posts in this topic

Today, President Donald Trump made the astounding decision to tell the United States Central Command that the media was ignoring terrorist attacks across the country and the world. 

““You’ve seen what happened in Paris, and Nice. All over Europe, it’s happening. It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported. And in many cases, the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it. They have their reasons, and you understand that.”

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/02/07/wont-believe-trump-got-idea-media-covering-terror-attacks/

& https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/trump-centcom-media-terror-cover-up/515823/?utm_source=atlfb

Today, President Donald Trump made the astounding decision to tell the United States Central Command that the media was ignoring terrorist attacks across the country and the world. 

““You’ve seen what happened in Paris, and Nice. All over Europe, it’s happening. It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported. And in many cases, the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it. They have their reasons, and you understand that.”

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/02/07/wont-believe-trump-got-idea-media-covering-terror-attacks/

& https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/trump-centcom-media-terror-cover-up/515823/?utm_source=atlfb

why should any reasonable person disbelieve trump's assertion?

indeed, the msm has been itching for years to suggest the societal reaction to 9/11 was overblown....

which they dared not make at the time. they've never fooled deplorable America.

why? because any path that leads to finding fault with islam in any way must be questioned and maligned.

it must be. but why up islam which denigrates women to the level of chattel?

why on earth? simple, the american left hates judeo-christianity so much that they doan care.

that's why.

why should any reasonable person disbelieve trump's assertion?

Indeed.  The man has never told a lie.  For starters he underestimated the crowds when he said thousands of Muslims took to the streets of New Jersey to celebrate 9/11.  There were millions of muslims on the streets that day.

The better question is Why would any reasonable person

believe what Donny says? He is a habitual liar who, when

barely done with one fib, is peddling the next. His ridiculous

list of terrorist incidents that the media supposedly didn't 

cover is just his latest scam.

• Like 3

Ivana Trump recalled more than once that Trump's bedtime textbook was

The Speeches of Adolf Hitler--

"It's not truth that matters, but victory." --ADOLF HITLER

• Like 1

In addition his many character faults were clearly exposed time and time again prior to the election.

Wow,  how poor of a campaign did the Clinton camp run!

So far it looks like Adolf had the better speechwriter. 

• Like 1

In addition his many character faults were clearly exposed time and time again prior to the election.

I guess the Clinton campaign should have listened to Bubba, who

advised them to spend more time in the Midwest. In a screw D.C./

change election the obvious character faults were secondary to

being a change agent, even if it's a Goldman Sachs' change agent.

The Clinton/Democratic campaign was poorly run and poorly focused.  

However, it really did not matter to the people who showed up to vote how many character faults Trump had or how inexperienced, corrupt and incompentent he is.

• Like 1

then you can logically explain why Trump like's his daughter's jewish husband easily? :P

then you can logically explain why Trump like's his daughter's jewish husband easily? :P

Trump admires Hitler's speeches and how he ruled as an authoritarian, not necessarily his religious/political beliefs.

Trump likes anyone who can do something to benefit him or his family.

• Like 1

Indeed.  The man has never told a lie.  For starters he underestimated the crowds when he said thousands of Muslims took to the streets of New Jersey to celebrate 9/11.  There were millions of muslims on the streets that day.

I would agree that trump's memory about that is wrong or he may be lying...

but there were muslims in a most celebrative mood tossing out candy to their kids on the west bank that day...

I saw the video of it...if not in the streets of the united states.

the problem for me is that when the media attacks trump's recollection, why is it I have this impression that they are attempting to undermine the notion that muslims would be celebrative about the 9/11 attacks anywhere?

It's easy to make exceptions when it is your own daughter and carry on as usual with the rest.  He's a maggot, let's face it.

the problem for me is that when the media attacks trump's recollection, why is it I have this impression that they are attempting to undermine the notion that muslims would be celebrative about the 9/11 attacks anywhere?

I don't recall too much Muslim celebrating about it going on over HERE, as many realized there were also plenty of Muslims working in the Trade Center at the time of the attacks. 

And doesn't everybody have a sort of "the friend of my enemy is my enemy" attitude? 

Sepiatone

And maybe Donny has a hard time distinguishing the

west bank of the Hudson river from the west bank of

the Jordan.

Yup, just STOP giving her airtime !!

:blink:

I agree.   But CNN cares more about ratings than they do about reliable news reporting.

Fox can have her on so she can preach to the choir.

Trump says the real story is not Flynn and Russia but why there are so many illegal leaks coming out of the government.

"I love wikileaks" - Donald J. Trump

• Like 2

I agree.   But CNN cares more about ratings than they do about reliable news reporting.

What's it got to do with not caring about reliable news? Kellyanne speaks as a representative of the White House, and when she makes a statement that is "alternate news," CNN makes a point of challenging that statement's accuracy.

Having said that, I do find the lady to be a colossal irritant these days.

Fox can have her on so she can preach to the choir.

It is a difficult balancing act.  Without good ratings, they don't have sufficient funds to attract good people for huge staffs and provide all the technology required for in-depth, global reporting on everything.

I do think they try to be reliable, but with a tilt more leftward than Fox.  Sometimes I like to switch between MSNBC, CNN and FoxNews to see what they are covering.  A BIG, breaking news story on CNN/MSNBC will get no coverage on Fox and vice versa.

All the news channels must agree to permit representatives an opportunity to speak otherwise they may not be able to get a good cross section later on.  Although I'm not sure Fox is as amenable to this the others.

The nightly "news" programs do not adhere to this as much as the daytime ones.

Edited:  Just watched the video below.  Everybody needs to watch it to get a real good understanding of why Trump uses Conway so much.  And how good she is at playing the interviewers and the media.

Don't want to sound sexist, but I believe the interviewers may be easier on her than they would be on a male Trump spokesperson - and she uses it to her advantage.

The real answer is that the interviewers will just have to recognize what she is doing and repeatedly tell her to answer the question or just stop the interview.  Didn't somebody do that during the campaign?

Ultimately, they may just decide to stop inviting her although that may not be a good route as it smacks of blatant discrimination against her.

It is a difficult balancing act.  Without good ratings, they don't have sufficient funds to attract good people for huge staffs and provide all the technology required for in-depth, global reporting on everything.

I do think they try to be reliable, but with a tilt more leftward than Fox.  Sometimes I like to switch between MSNBC, CNN and FoxNews to see what they are covering.  A BIG, breaking news story on CNN/MSNBC will get no coverage on Fox and vice versa.

All the news channels must agree to permit representatives an opportunity to speak otherwise they may not be able to get a good cross section later on.  Although I'm not sure Fox is as amenable to this the others.

The nightly "news" programs do not adhere to this as much as the daytime ones.

As for Conway, she is a spokesperson for Trump and a significant player in the West Wing, so good to hear her "alternate facts."  Also good that she speaks them to CNN/MSNBC because they will challenger her whereas Fox just eats it up and agrees with her. 

In the last few days, Conway has regularly misfired. It looks as if she is the odd person out on Trump's staff.