mr6666

Trump vs. the Press/Media

1,058 posts in this topic

FOOL ME TWICE...

Trump Is Counting on the Media to Help Re-Elect Him—Will They Oblige?

In 2016, all that free air time, and not calling a lie a lie, tilted the scales. Are we looking at a repeat performance?

.....“There’s no question Trump has significant advantages as he looks ahead to the re-election fight, beginning with time and money and the biggest megaphone on the planet.” Yes, but the media makes the megaphone so. And it must not.

Some broadcasters are exhibiting more discretion, and the public shows signs of tuning Trump out. According to ratings, Celebrity Family Feud bested the recent ABC News interview special. But that won’t stop some programmers from trying to revive the circus of 2016 for new ratings heights, and Trump will continue to profit if the press amplifies rather than diminishes his pollution of the public square.......

....Even as Trump and his family bash them, some journalists will revert to a 2016 mentality of balancing lies and truth.

My message to them: Don’t let Trump and his extremism drive your airwaves and molest us. Be partisans for the truth.

This isn’t a show; it’s our country. We must inform and protect it. "

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-is-counting-on-the-media-to-help-reelect-him-will-they-oblige?ref=home&via=twitter_page

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Grisham's first big move as @PressSec stands in stark contrast to how Sean Spicer introduced himself to the world when he assumed the same position. @Robt_Gibbs calls it "laudable and heroic."

Stephanie Grisham, the new White House press secretary, at the South Korean side of the Demilitarized Zone yesterday.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Dan Pfeiffer Retweeted Annie Karni

Grisham fought to give American press access to a photo-op that Trump desperately wanted them to see. This is her fighting for Trump not the press.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Schooley Retweeted Dan Pfeiffer

I’m kind of surprised this wasn’t obvious. Without the photo there was no reason to be there.

She works for trump not the American people.

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

@BarackObama visiting Cuba is equivalent to visiting North Korea Embracing communism is anti-American. he is giving Castro dictators a pass.

8:12 AM - 18 Feb 2016

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Mercedes Schlapp, the White House director of strategic communications, is leaving her post to join Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/01/mercedes-schlapp-trump-campaign-1393559

ULMOypQt?format=jpg&name=600x314

Is the word hypocrite?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Objectivity has never been their strong going. ROFL

These are not news reporters therefore they have no duty to be objective.    The same goes for all of the CNN and MSNBC host of these news-talk shows.   (and a news-talk show is NOT the same as a news show).

To me that actual issue here is that all 3 networks have more news-talk shows than news show.   But it appears that most viewers want highly editorialized 'news' that matches their perspective.     

• Like 1

Fox host Lou Dobbs calls American military generals 'snowflakes' on Independence Day

......"No wonder these Snowflake Generals haven't won a war since 1991," Dobbs wrote, in reference to reports about military personnel being concerned about the politicization of the military in the context of President Donald Trump's Independence Day speech. 

Twitter users slammed Dobbs for his remarks online. 

Charles Pierce, a sportswriter and blogger, quipped "Insane Man Has Thoughts," as if his tweet were a newspaper headline. 

VoteVets, a progressive veterans advocacy group, noted that Dobbs had never served in combat.......

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/04/independence-day-fox-host-lou-dobbs-calls-generals-snowflakes/1649882001/

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

oooooooooooohhhh...... Now going after FoxNews too ?! :o:rolleyes:

=======================

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 17h17 hours ago

Impossible to believe that @FoxNews has hired @donnabrazile, the person fired by @CNN (after they tried to hide the bad facts, & failed) for giving Crooked Hillary Clinton the questions to a debate, something unimaginable. Now she is all over Fox, including Shep Smith, by far....

Watching @FoxNews weekend anchors is worse than watching low ratings Fake News @CNN, or Lyin’ Brian Williams (remember when he totally fabricated a War Story trying to make himself into a hero, & got fired. A very dishonest journalist!) and the crew of degenerate......  

giphy.gif

Donna is something else 

The last time I saw her was an election night on ABC where she totally freaked out George F Will. That wasn't the first time she had done that to him, but the look on his face was just hilarious.

After that he shipped out to Fox. But he didn't last long there cuz he couldn't get along with Bill O'Reilly.

Go figure, George F Will is gone from Fox; Bill O'Reilly is gone from Fox and now they've got Donna "Bombshell" Brazile. ROFL

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BrownShoes said:

It's impressive how one man keeps dominating a thousand media people every day.

-Unfortunately, he IS still POTUS :(

• Haha 1

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump Jul 11

...The Fake News is not as important, or as powerful, as Social Media. They have lost tremendous credibility since that day in November, 2016, that I came down the escalator........

=====================================

-so it's SOCIAL media VS. MSM ?

:unsure:

naturally HATES any 'Fact Checks % balances'    <_<

• Haha 1

NBC PoliticsVerified account @NBCPolitics 25m25 minutes ago

“For years we’ve watched social media serve as a gateway to radicalization...Bringing these groups together is beyond irresponsible;

it is essentially conducting a hate summit at the White House,” the Southern Poverty Law Center said.

Trump touts the 'power' of extremist social media activists at White House summit

The president blasted social media companies for “terrible bias” and accused them during remarks at the White House on Thursday of manipulating his content.

Several of the social media personalities who attended Thursday's event are known for spreading false information or trafficking in harassment, which some disinformation researchers call “incredibly toxic.” .........

“For years we’ve watched social media serve as a gateway to radicalization and, far too often, real-life violence....

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-touts-power-controversial-social-media-activists-white-house-summit-n1029036?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np

• Sad 1

On 7/12/2019 at 4:52 PM, mr6666 said:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump Jul 11

...The Fake News is not as important, or as powerful, as Social Media. They have lost tremendous credibility since that day in November, 2016, that I came down the escalator........

=====================================

-so it's SOCIAL media VS. MSM ?

:unsure:

naturally HATES any 'Fact Checks % balances'    <_<

A White House Correspondent Departs the Jaw-Dropping Trump Beat

".... From Mr. Trump’s morning Twitter rant (asking how anyone could vote for a Democrat over “what you have now, so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius!”) to his social media summit (in which he praised a room of right-wing agitators for “the crap you think of”), to a news conference that ended with his merry band of provocateurs almost coming to blows with reporters,

the White House finally surrendered itself to being a stage set for Mr. Trump’s greatest reality show. .....

Historically, presidents have used the Rose Garden to dignify important moments. John F. Kennedy welcomed the Mercury astronauts there; Richard M. Nixon had his daughter Patricia’s wedding there. Mr. Trump is the first to turn the garden into a well-manicured mosh pit .............

“You’re threatening me in the Rose Garden,” Mr. Gorka bellowed at Mr. Karem, who had challenged him to take it outside. “You’re not a journalist. You’re a punk.”

A chant of “Gorka! Gorka! Gorka!” broke out among the other social media activists, while Joy Villa, a singer-songwriter and Trump supporter, who was resplendent in a floor-length red, white and blue gown emblazoned with the word “Freedom,” laughed

and declared, “Fake news is over!”......

Mr. Trump has decided that inflammatory attacks on the news media are the best way to position himself for re-election. At the meeting with social media activists, Mr. Trump laid out a strategy of using the media as a foil while going around it to deliver any genuine news. ...........

“I go, ‘Watch this — boom!’” the president said. “I press it, and within two seconds, ‘We have breaking news.’” ....

The president spoke of the way the White House used to communicate as if it belonged to another age.

“You know, I used to put out, like, a press release. Right? And people would pick it up, sort of, you know. The next day, two days, they’d find it sitting on a desk,” he explained. “People don’t pick it up. It’s me, same.

If I put it on social media, it’s like an explosion......"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/us/politics/trump-white-house-.html#click=https://t.co/ELCWFUQ7lR

:(

Michael de Adder:

My editorial cartoon satirizing Trump and the border crisis went viral. Then I lost my job.

Trump makes the case for editorial cartoonists pretty much every day. Are we really willing to allow such an important journalistic tradition to die out?

"..... The image, which referenced President Donald Trump as well as the recent deaths of a father and child attempting to enter the United States along the southern border pulled no punches. There was a time when a pointed cartoon like that would increase a cartoonist’s value in the eyes of his or her newspaper. But instead of increasing my value with my newspapers, the next day I lost a freelance job with Brunswick News Inc., a position I held for 17 straight years.......

Editorial cartoons have never been more important, and with social media, they have an increasingly broad reach. In a sense, they are a more powerful tool than they have ever been. Newspapers are cutting one of their best assets when they are at their most vulnerable. And in turn, democracy is losing one of its most treasured safeguards. .......

But cartoonists shouldn’t be considered luxuries. We are an essential tool in a good newspaper’s editorial arsenal. A good political cartoon can get quickly and clearly to the point of a story that has many moving parts. Indeed, newspaper owners once knew that........

The cartoon that placed me in the center of the social media tsunami depicts Trump at the border playing golf with that now famous picture of Óscar Alberto Martínez Ramírez and his daughter Valeria. Óscar and Valeria drowned crossing the border. It's not funny in the least. It is an exaggerated depiction of what's really going on in the U.S. — when you cut through all the noise generated by talking heads and talking points.

That is what a good cartoon does......

Trump makes the case for editorial cartoonists pretty much every day. He goes after every facet of news gathering which disagrees with him by calling it fake news. But for the most part, he leaves political cartoonists alone. Maybe he knows that calling a cartoon fake news will just encourage more cartoons.

And it will certainly show him as not being able to take a joke.

Are we really willing to allow such an important journalistic tradition to die out?"

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/my-editorial-cartoon-satirizing-trump-border-crisis-went-viral-then-ncna1029431?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

:(

giphy.gif

On 6/25/2019 at 5:01 PM, jakeem said:

The girl, one month shy of her second birthday, draped her arm around her father's neck, clinging to him in their final moments. Their dream was for a better life in the United States (Photo/AP) https://apnews.com/2f8422c820104d6eaad9b73d939063a9 

D972ilGWkAAl08n.jpg

On 6/30/2019 at 8:44 PM, mr6666 said:

Jason ChatfieldVerified account @Jason_Chatfield

Cartoonist Michael DeAdder was just fired from the newspaper for this cartoon.

D-Qu14uX4AYD5I1.jpg

An editorial cartoonist is a journalist who gives an opinion based on facts. That's why they print these cartoons on the editorial page.

Mr. de Adder was fired from his newspaper for creating this pungently assessed editorial pictorial.

But I don't think this journalist will have to worry about getting a job after he wins the Pulitzer Prize for this  astute, yet completely compassionate, political cartoon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

An editorial cartoonist is a journalist who gives an opinion based on facts. That's why they print these cartoons on the editorial page.

Mr. de Adder was fired from his newspaper for creating this pungently assessed editorial pictorial.

But I don't think this journalist will have to worry about getting a job after he wins the Pulitzer Prize for this  astute, yet completely compassionate, political cartoon.

but get a job WHERE?  :unsure:

Alex ThompsonVerified account @AlxThomp

Fox and Friends hosts laugh about Trump’s tweets this am

telling Reps. AOC, Omar, Pressley, and Tlaib to “go back” to the "crime infested places from which they came"

....... "Someone's feeling very comedic today."

She then argued that Trump was "making an important point." ......

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-host-laughs-trump-racist-tweet-important-point-1449172?utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&amp;utm_source=Twitter&amp;utm_medium=Social

=================================

- Basically the old 'Love It or Leave It' BS..... :rolleyes:<_<

these guys will always find EXCUSES for #RacistInChief

(BTW,

WE ALL KNOW Trump has NEVER had any SENSE OF HUMOR!!)  :blink:

Brian StelterVerified account @brianstelter

CBS morning show: "Critics" say Trump's attacks "are racist."

NBC: "Some have branded his comments as racist."

But ABC's @GMA and CNN's @NewDay called it what it is: "The president's racist attack."

6:12 AM - 15 Jul 2019
====================================

".....If telling Democratic congresswomen to "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came" isn't racist, what is?

There were some exceptions — CNN chief among the news outlets — that called out this example of racism emanating from the highest office in the land in an authoritative, institutional voice. CNN's banners and headlines said "racist rant" and "racist attacks."......

(Fox's) Tucker Carlson said Omar hates America and claimed immigrants like her are "dangerous" to America. ........

In Sinclair's New 'Must-Run' Segment, Former Trump Adviser Tries to Defend Racist Attacks on 'the Squad'

Echoing the president, the right-wing broadcasting behemoth's chief political commentator tells progressive lawmakers, "you are free to go."

........Sinclair has often come under fire for forcing the local television news stations it owns nationwide to air "must-run" segments—including short clips of Epshteyn, a former Trump adviser, delivering right-wing commentaries. Epshteyn's attempted defense of Trump's racist tweets was highlighted by the watchdog group Media Matters for America in a blog post initially published Tuesday.

On Wednesday, the group updated the post to note that "by the morning of July 17, the segment had already aired on at least 50 local news stations in 27 states and the District of Columbia, according to the iQ media database."......

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/17/sinclairs-new-must-run-segment-former-trump-adviser-tries-defend-racist-attacks

-so between Fox/Sinclair & other outlets greedy for ratings.....is T winning media wars AGAIN ?

-_-

Trump's lies are getting bolder and the press is stuck in the middle

....Why is there not more outrage?

Some people, primarily fans of Trump, excuse or rationalize the lies for various reasons. Other people simply cannot. So much of the anti-Trump outrage from progressives and anti-Trump conservatives and columnists and pundits boils down to "He's deceiving you. He's lying to your face. Don't you care?"
And the press is right smack dab in the middle of this because advocating for facts gets you labeled "fake news."

Which is, again, another lie.

Old-fashioned tenets of the news business fade away in this fog of disinformation. For example: "What the president says is news.".........

"Lying to the public used to hurt presidents," Allen wrote. Well it HAS hurt Trump too -- he's never been able to crack 50% in reliable approval rating polls, and about two thirds of voters describe him as dishonest, which means even some of his supporters know that he's deceitful, and they accept it.

What are the explanations and excuses for the Pinocchios? I
I still think that's true, but when he's telling you not to believe your own eyes and ears, is it really news?........

• Like 1

@FoxNews is at it again.

So different from what they used to be during the 2016 Primaries, & before - Proud Warriors!

Now new Fox Polls, which have always been terrible to me (they had me losing BIG to Crooked Hillary),
have me down to Sleepy Joe.

Even considering.....

....the fact that I have gone through a three year vicious Witch Hunt, perpetrated by the Lamestream Media in Collusion with Crooked and the Democrat Party,

there can be NO WAY, with the greatest Economy in U.S. history, that I can be losing to the Sleepy One. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!

:lol: