speedracer5

Zsa Zsa Gabor 1917-2016

61 posts in this topic

hey, there's paul birch. :)

Yeah. And HE died back in '69!

(...so what's your point here, dude?)

;)

Yes, the tabloids and her foul mouth during the incident and trial made her something of a piece-of-work punchline by the time we got the Naked Gun gag in the 80's--

From which an 80's generation now only remembers Freddy Kruger killing her off in one of the teen dreams from "Nightmare on Elm Street 3: the Good One".

(Reportedly, Dick Cavett said he really enjoyed seeing Zsa Zsa get it.)

LOL!  Funny.

Everyone dies? :D

Yeah, maybe that was ND's point here, Hibi. ;)

(...and which now reminds me of the story of what one Mr. William Claude Dukenfield reportedly said on his deathbed after someone discovered him uncharacteristically reading the Bible..."I'm looking for loopholes")

• Like 1

& I've never ever heard 1 single kind/nice word about this mega-****!

Her sister was known to be so sweet too-(d 1995)

All of course recall her massive ego in slapping that cop  Something the wonderful 1988 "Naked Gun: from the Files of Police Squad!" (l988) ($78m.) (3 & 1/2) also touched on.

Please tell me what did this woman ever achieve in the industry??? :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Zsa Zsa ultimately excelled at being a large version of herself. She was always amusing (and very self-aware) on the talk shows. One day, she took Merv on a tour of her house. She had the huge walk-in closet, showed rows of clothes to Merv and something like "Dahlink, I absolutely HATE pants suits, but a girl must have some, no?"

Please tell me what did this woman ever achieve in the industry??? :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Zsa Zsa was an outrageous over-the-top character, with more than a touch of camp about her, and, thus, fodder for the gossip mags. There was a certain indomitability about her. She had a shrewdness for a headline. She married a lot. She intrigued Georg Sanders for a while, and they remained friends. She was glamourous. The comparison to the Khardashians seems rather appropriate.

If nothing else, Zsa Zsa Gabor had a talent to perk the public's interest in her celebrityhood. Except that Zsa Zsa's 15 minutes of fame lasted considerably longer than many would have expected.

She annoyed some, she made others laugh (at her, perhaps to a large degree, but at least laugh). Over the years Zsa Zsa gave us a succession of moments of light hearted escape from our often hum drum lives. Whatever else that lady may have been, she wasn't hum drum.

So here's a tip of the hat to the only Zsa Zsa we'll ever be likely to know. She'll be remembered for her beauty, her broken Hungarian accent, her "dahhhleeens," her talent for remaining famous.

In a world too often dark and cruel, Zsa Zsa made a lot of people smile. That's not a bad thing to be remembered for.

zsa-zsa-gabor-240.jpg

• Like 4

Zsa Zsa was an outrageous over-the-top character, with more than a touch of camp about her, and, thus, fodder for the gossip mags. There was a certain indomitability about her. She had a shrewdness for a headline. She married a lot. She intrigued Georg Sanders for a while, and they remained friends. She was glamourous. The comparison to the Khardashians seems rather appropriate.

If nothing else, Zsa Zsa Gabor had a talent to perk the public's interest in her celebrityhood. Except that Zsa Zsa's 15 minutes of fame lasted considerably longer than many would have expected.

She annoyed some, she made others laugh (at her, perhaps to a large degree, but at least laugh). Over the years Zsa Zsa gave us a succession of moments of light hearted escape from our often hum drum lives. Whatever else that lady may have been, she wasn't hum drum.

So here's a tip of the hat to the only Zsa Zsa we'll ever be likely to know. She'll be remembered for her beauty, her broken Hungarian accent, her "dahhhleeens," her talent for remaining famous.

In a world too often dark and cruel, Zsa Zsa made a lot of people smile. That's not a bad thing to be remembered for.

Well there were a lot of folks in the Beverly Hills \ LA justice system that found her less then charming in 1989.    Now overall I agree with your sediments here but the L.A.  Times is playing up that slap and subsequent arrest.   E.g. they had a standard obituary two days ago that barely mentioned it but instead was more along the lines of what you wrote.  Today they ran a separate column just on that incidence and she comes off as a major diva.     

Thank you Zsa Zsa for making us smile and laugh. I guess G-d saves his very best for last and that is why you left us so late in December. I know many wonderful people who have died in December. May your memory be eternal and

BTW-

Z-Z has been added to TCM Remembers vid I caught today

:)

Yes, I saw it for the first time last night.......