Sign in to follow this  
TheCid

Dave Barry's Year in Review

4 posts in this topic

Dave Barry has a very humorous column in the Washington Post Magazine.  Probably elsewhere as well.  Takes about 20 minutes to read it, but very worthwhile.  No matter where you stood on the election.

• Like 1

I've been a Dave Barry fan for many a year.  I'm sure it's worth reading.  I'll try to dig it up.

I'm still sore at my paper for dropping his column.

Thanks for the suggestion

Sepiatone

Dave Barry’s Year in Review: Trump and the ‘hideous monstrosity’ that was 2016-

"In the future, Americans — assuming there are any left — will look back at 2016 and remark: “What the HELL?”

They will have a point. Over the past few decades, we here at the Year in Review have reviewed some pretty disturbing years. For example, there was 2000, when the outcome of a presidential election was decided by a tiny group of deeply confused Florida residents who had apparently attempted to vote by chewing on their ballots......

But we’ve never seen one as weird as 2016. This was the Al Yankovic of years. If years were movies, 2016 would be “Plan 9 From Outer Space.” If years were relatives, 2016 would be the uncle who shows up at your Thanksgiving dinner wearing his underpants on the outside.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/dave-barrys-year-in-review-trump-and-the-hideous-monstrosity-that-was-2016/2016/12/29/17c84a14-b7d6-11e6-b8df-600bd9d38a02_story.html?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.37b811119a16

• Like 2

I finally read the whole thing.

CLASSIC Barry in that he does manage to crystal clear point out the absudities in current American cultural trends and tendencies.  Plus, his innate ability to articulate the same things  I  also think MUCH better than I ever could.

LOVED it!  Thanks again!

Sepiatone

• Like 1