hamradio

FORGOTTEN Oldies

675 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever heard of a song called "Twilight Lee" from the early 1960's?  Artist unknown.  Came up empty on the Google search.

Couldn't find Twilight Lee anywhere,but i did find Stagger Lee lolol :P

Lol, I downloaded and converted that video to MP3 a few months back before Clipconverter stop converting videos that has music.  Had to switch to another converter website.

"In The Summertime" now resides on a PCM format CD. :)

Lol, I downloaded and converted that video to MP3 a few months back before Clipconverter stop converting videos that has music.  Had to switch to another converter website.

"In The Summertime" now resides on a PCM format CD. :)

This one isn't quite forgotten as it has over 49,000,000

views on YT, but on the other hand it is 46 years old.

• Like 1

This one isn't quite forgotten as it has over 49,000,000

views on YT, but on the other hand it is 46 years old.

Even though, I never bought this record I always enjoyed this song on the radio.

It's 46 years old - - I have it on good authority that they still play Beethoven's Fifth Symphony and it's a little older than 46 years old. And one of the most popular musicals performed today Oklahoma! I would put it someplace in the 75-year range.

Music is never forgotten if there are still people who are playing it and want to hear it and that's the case with most of the songs that are on here hardly forgotten. I hear them everyday on my cable music channel .LOL

And all that Motown music - they constantly play it on the radio. And worse than that you constantly hear it on those Time- Life paid commercial hours that are always listed as entertainment on my cable channels. They've even got Smokey Robinson hosting one. And Smokey seems to be the favorite artist for Walgreens and Krogers or at least it seems that way every time I walk in one of those stores. LOL

Chuck Berry's Sweet Little Sixteen-- it's become one of his most famous songs that you constantly hear everywhere or you see on YouTube or you see people Googling it and talking about it--

because in their youthful exuberance The Beach Boys stole the song and called it Surfing USA. They were just lucky that they could work it out without going to court.

Dion Dimucci, The Shangri-las, Bobby Darin's Splish Splash none of that stuff is forgotten thanks to, in large part, cable and the internet and frankly FM radio plays all this stuff too.

Also, I've seen a number of regional a.m. radio stations change their media outlet into an online website playing their same Top 40 music from the fifties and sixties.

I think there are some people who just need to get out more and see what's going on in the real world.LOL

Song is 30+ years old.  Discovered it only a couple of years ago, never heard it before then. :unsure:

The label said from the movie "On Dangerous Ground" but all I can find was the 1952 film and one site said a movie was made with the same name but were released in the US as "Choke Canyon".  Never heard of that one either. :huh:

2mhdhc0.jpg

• Like 1

Song is 30+ years old.  Discovered it only a couple of years ago, never heard it before then. :unsure:

The label said from the movie "On Dangerous Ground" but all I can find was the 1952 film and one site said a movie was made with the same name but were released in the US as "Choke Canyon".  Never heard of that one either. :huh:

That's a good song...It's one of those songs that run thru my head in bits and pieces when i'm taking a walk,but can't identify the name of.haven't heard the whole thing for a long time.Thanks for shaking my memory.Will add it to my collection.Thanks for posting. :)