LawrenceA

Films of 2017

593 posts in this topic

The Rock-(Dwayne Johnson) according to "Forbes" annual list of the highest pd actors is #1.  Of the ladies it's of course Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence

Speaking of Hanks, he also has a film due-(I musta' saw it's trailer 4 months back or more) & it looks stunningly bad

For my $money$ his worst to date-(not including his debut in 1980's slasher film "He Knows Your Alone") but 1989's "the burbs"

I forget it's title, but he was an oil salesman in the middle east

You may know of it

(P.S. & who got to see Meg Ryan's directorial film "Ithaca" also with Tom?  She was on various shows promoting it but it never got a wide release & for classic film buffs it's obvioiusly based on the wonderful 1943 film with Mickey Rooney "The Human Comedy" (MGM)

Hanks & Penny Marshall have wanted for yrs now to do a remake of "Harvey"

Speaking of Hanks, he also has a film due & it looks stunningly bad

Because Tom Hanks CAN'T ACT.

Hanks & Penny Marshall have wanted for years now to do a remake of "Harvey"

It'll only work if Hanks plays the title role.

Speaking of Hanks, he also has a film due & it looks stunningly bad

Because Tom Hanks CAN'T ACT.

Hanks & Penny Marshall have wanted for years now to do a remake of "Harvey"

It'll only work if Hanks plays the title role.

Oh, Hanks can act. You don't get as far as he has on likeability alone. But some of his recent choices have been disappointing.

By the way, I thought it was Steven Spielberg who wanted to do a "Harvey" remake. But Hanks said no.

• Like 1

Oh, Hanks can act. You don't get as far as he has on likeability alone. But some of his recent choices have been disappointing.

By the way, I thought it was Steven Spielberg who wanted to do a "Harvey" remake. But Hanks said no.

Jakeem, you really think Tom can't act buddy?   What about "CastAway"  & Penny Marshall & he wanted to do a remake of "Harvey" for yrs now-(see "Looking for comedy in a Muslim world" with Albert Brooks) but it's become such a show onto itself it looks like they won't ever do it)

Agreed upon, the movie-(don't know if your talking about it) looks awful, it has do with him as a salesman in the middle east & may rank up there with "Man With 0ne Red Shoe" or "the burbs" as his worst" I saw this trailer 5 months back & it hasn't surfaced since. I was stunned at how bad it looked from the trailer

& yet there is another "Mummy" due in late June, this one with Cruise & Crowe

I just read about the new Oscar rule changes. For one, they've changed the Documentary rules so that no multi-part films can be eligible. This comes after O.J.: Made in America won last year's doc Oscar, despite it being a mini-series made for TV. It received a limited theatrical release to make it eligible, but many people were upset that actual documentary features were overlooked for a TV production.

The second change is in the Animated Feature category. Now all Academy members can vote for the nominations, instead of just the animation division. They are also going to use the same preferential voting method currently used for Best Picture. The end result here will most likely be more mainstream titles getting nominations over the more obscure titles like The Red Turtle or My Life as a Zucchini

The Oscars have changed, but it deserved that Oscar, in my view anyway

Three new films opened over the weekend in North America-- Chris McKay's THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE; James Foley's FIFTY SHADES DARKER; and Chad Stahelski's JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 2.

From wiki (Chinese films are STILL ruling the box office):

screen-shot-2017-02-12-at-3-37-02-pm.png

As usual good stuff buddy!

The Oscars have changed, but it deserved that Oscar, in my view anyway

& just think Mr. Simpson will likely be out & about in the fall, for real

Watch the explosive full trailer for #BladeRunner2049 http://bit.ly/2pdg6vL 

C_UZsAxUMAA01W2.png

As a teenager I seemed among the few folks that thought the original 1982 "Blade Runner" was something special, especially Rutger Hauer's Roy Batty, Art-Direction, score by Vangelis,etc It only made $33m. that summer    It took several years for people to apparently appreciate it

• Like 1

"The second change is in the Animated Feature category. Now all Academy members can vote for the nominations, instead of just the animation division............The end result here will most likely be more mainstream titles getting nominations over the more obscure titles like The Red Turtle or My Life as a Zucchini."

-and just WHOSE deep pockets were in support of THAT change??

<_<

• Like 2

I don't know if this was touched on, but Woody A :)

len's upcoming  aka working title is American Gods

I don't know if this was touched on, but Woody A :)

len's upcoming  aka working title is American Gods

His next movie is titled "Wonder Wheel." 

• Like 1

Re Woody Allen: His next movie is titled "Wonder Wheel." 

I sure hope it incorporates Coney Island's Wonder Wheel in somewhere!

It's a cinematic sight when in the NYC metro area you spot the dusky skeletons of the old amusement park rides off in the horizon.

I sure hope it incorporates Coney Island's Wonder Wheel in somewhere!

It's a cinematic sight when in the NYC metro area you spot the dusky skeletons of the old amusement park rides off in the horizon.

kate-winslet-in-wonder-wheel-di-woody-al

It does. The movie, which stars Justin Timberlake, Kate Winslet and Juno Temple, in set in Brooklyn in the 1950s. It is scheduled for release later in the year.

kate-winslet-in-wonder-wheel-di-woody-al

It does. The movie, which stars Justin Timberlake, Kate Winslet and Juno Temple, in set in Brooklyn in the 1950s. It is scheduled for release later in the year.

who's the director, always go by who is the director in general for quality & even Oscar consideration

RollingStone.com lists "10 Best Movies to See in March." One of them is Danny Boyle's sequel to his 1996 hit "Trainspotting," which boosted the director's career as well as those of actors Ewan McGregor, Ewen Bremner, Jonny Lee Miller, Kevin McKidd, Robert Carlyle and Kelly Macdonald. All of them are back for the new film, which is titled "T2 Trainspotting."

t2-trainspotting-2-teaser-trailer-000.jp

Bremner, McGregor, Miller and Carlyle are back for Danny Boyle's sequel to "Trainspotting" 

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/10-best-movies-to-see-in-march-logan-kong-t2-w469418?utm_source=huffpo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=mar2017#^eyJocmVmIjoiaHR0cDovL3d3dy5odWZmaW5ndG9ucG9zdC5jb20vIiwiYWRVbml0Ijp7InNlcnZlciI6Im12ZGlyZWN0IiwiaWQiOiJwcm9tb2ZlZWRfYjIwMGJkYThhYjE1NDZkZmIzOTFjZDZjNWZjNjMzM2YifSwicHJvcGVydHlJZCI6Ik5BLUhVRkZQT1NUVVMtMTEyMzg0MzQiLCJsYWJlbCI6InBmLSBEZXNrdG9wIGZyb250IHBhZ2VzIC0gbWlkIHJhaWwiLCJzZWxlY3RvciI6IiNtdi1uYXRpdmUtYWQiLCJjcmVhdGl2ZSI6IjUzNjBkZTUxMjIzYjQ0NWM5N2EwNDhmNjMwYmJmOTc2IiwiZXhwZXJpZW5jZVR5cGUiOiJpbmJvdW5kIn0%3D

Jakeem, did you see it   I'm kinda' getting burnt out after 35yrs of going to new movies. Things have changed so much, sequels, remakes, comics,etc   I still go, but am now picky where I never used to be dating back to 1982-(a great year for new films)

& now Hollywood has gotten so poiltical, which kinda'  started in the early 1990's  One just has to block that nonsense out I reckon

His next movie is titled "Wonder Wheel." 

You mean that isn't the tiltle right now?  He changes things more then any other filmmaker

Agreed. More special effects, fantasy, comic book stuff, etc.

Saw the trailer for Dunkirk. Might be worth a look because I like history, but doubt if audiences will flock to see it.

Dunkirk will absolutely be a flop at the $Box-0ffice$ but it may be a Golden Contender?

Here's a look at some noteworthy movies from the 2017 Sundance Film Festival, including David Lowery's "A Ghost Story," which stars Best Actor favorite Casey Affleck ("Manchester by the Sea") and Rooney Mara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlT239TUvS4

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a52610/best-of-sundance-2017/

Jakeem, it says it'

s unavailable buddy