mr6666

GOP madness Unbound...

914 posts in this topic

I did a little research (always a good idea), and no, Garrison did not draw it. His name was put on it as part of a long-running gag by online trolls of putting Garrison's name on wildly offensive cartoons. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garrison is an ignoramus, but I don't think he would draw something like that,

though he might put the Rothschilds in a cartoon on occasion. He should be

getting blow back for his sheer stupidity, which is present in every cartoon

he does.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/06/29/103322/

Union End Times: The Supreme Court’s Fatal Attack on Public-Sector Workers

The courts have always been an instrument of plutocratic power. But the war against American workers has intensified in Trump’s America. With its recent rulings, Harris v. Quinn (2014) and Janus v. American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (2018), the Supreme Court has set American workers’ rights back decades. Through these cases, the court is hammering the final nails in the coffin of organized labor, threatening what little remains of unionization in America. While just 11 percent of Americans are members of a union – most of which are in the public sector – the Janus case threatens to destroy what little remains of the economic foundation of state and local unions. A full collapse of unions in America appears to be increasingly likely in its aftermath.

The Harris case was a prelude to Janus, with the Supreme Court ruling that home care workers could opt out of paying “fair share” union dues. Under state law (at least before the Janus case), all employees operating in a union workplace were required to contribute to these dues. The logic behind these forced payments was simple: since all workers (whether in the union or not) are protected by the union’s collective bargaining agreements (which secure pay raises and other benefits for employees), all should be compelled to pay their “fair share” in helping secure those benefits. With Janus, fair share union laws have been overturned for all public-sector workers across 23 states – including Illinois – where the Janus and Harris cases originated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/06/29/103322/

Union End Times: The Supreme Court’s Fatal Attack on Public-Sector Workers

The courts have always been an instrument of plutocratic power. But the war against American workers has intensified in Trump’s America. With its recent rulings, Harris v. Quinn (2014) and Janus v. American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (2018), the Supreme Court has set American workers’ rights back decades. Through these cases, the court is hammering the final nails in the coffin of organized labor, threatening what little remains of unionization in America. While just 11 percent of Americans are members of a union – most of which are in the public sector – the Janus case threatens to destroy what little remains of the economic foundation of state and local unions. A full collapse of unions in America appears to be increasingly likely in its aftermath.

The Harris case was a prelude to Janus, with the Supreme Court ruling that home care workers could opt out of paying “fair share” union dues. Under state law (at least before the Janus case), all employees operating in a union workplace were required to contribute to these dues. The logic behind these forced payments was simple: since all workers (whether in the union or not) are protected by the union’s collective bargaining agreements (which secure pay raises and other benefits for employees), all should be compelled to pay their “fair share” in helping secure those benefits. With Janus, fair share union laws have been overturned for all public-sector workers across 23 states – including Illinois – where the Janus and Harris cases originated.

The interesting aspect is how many union members voted for Trump and vote for Republicans.  You should live in a state where the unionized workers are 1.6% of the workers.  Most all of those are affiliated with national companies. S.C is arguably the most anti-union state in the nation.  It is probably why many companies move their production facilities here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Clint Watts Retweeted Mark Hertling

Cannot believe GOP, once the party that stood strong against Soviets & only a decade ago sought to democratize the Middle East, is now surrendering so foolishly to Putin and the Kremlin’s kleptocracy - only two years after Russia interfered in US election

 

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Mimi Rocah Retweeted Clint Watts

These GOP Senators & POTUS R meeting with people that our Intel Agencies & bipartisan Senate Comm have found criminally attacked our country. There can really only be one reasonable conclusion: at best these Americans are ok with that & at worst they were in on it.

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

In France Holocaust denial is a federal offense in which you have to pay a fine. Also you may be prohibited from holding governmental office for a designated period time.

Needless to say, the anti-Semitic National Front's retired leader Jean-Marie Le Pen--

 the father of the far-right party's current leader, Marine Le Pen--

 has been found guilty of breaking the  Holocaust denier law.

 

Both Le Pens are Trump supporters and Steve Bannon has been an honored guest speaker at a National Front conference in France.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dinesh D'Souza, the right-wing hack who recently received a presidential pardon for felonious campaign violations, has made yet another "documentary" to go along with his previous gems 2016: Obama's AmericaAmerica: Imagine a World Without Her, and the landmark Golden Raspberry award-winner for Worst Film of the Year, Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party. His newest exercise in misinformation and poor filmmaking is entitled Death of a Nation. Just take a look at this steaming pile of manure:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Dinesh D'Souza, the right-wing hack who recently received a presidential pardon for felonious campaign violations, has made yet another "documentary" to go along with his previous gems 2016: Obama's AmericaAmerica: Imagine a World Without Her, and the landmark Golden Raspberry award-winner for Worst Film of the Year, Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party. His newest exercise in misinformation and poor filmmaking is entitled Death of a Nation. Just take a look at this steaming pile of manure:

 

This is a nutty concept I hear repeatedly - that Democrats are the party of slavery and Republicans the party of Lincoln. Yes they were - in 1860. This viewpoint ignores that there was a radical realignment of the parties starting with FDR and ending with LBJ when the transition was complete. Democrats came down on the side of civil rights for African Americans, and the south became increasingly Republican, which is the way things stand today. When FDR wanted to run for more than two terms, it was the New England states that could be considered safe Republican territory, the opposite situation of what exists today.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

In France Holocaust denial is a federal offense in which you have to pay a fine. Also you may be prohibited from holding governmental office for a designated period time.

Needless to say, the anti-Semitic National Front's retired leader Jean-Marie Le Pen--

 the father of the far-right party's current leader, Marine Le Pen--

 has been found guilty of breaking the  Holocaust denier law.

 

Both Le Pens are Trump supporters and Steve Bannon has been an honored guest speaker at a National Front conference in France.

I like that we have freedom of speech in America - even stupid speech - enshrined in the Constitution. People who say nutty things like denying the  Holocaust exists usually dig a hole for themselves. We don't need to fine or censor them. Just counter with the truth.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jakeem said:

A half-dozen former wrestlers at Ohio State, where GOP Rep. Jim Jordan once coached, said they were regularly harassed by men in their training facility

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/06/jim-jordan-harassment-ohio-state-wrestling-699192

LAqHyxA_?format=jpg&name=600x314

 

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

 Jordan--not fit to lead anybody anywhere

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russian officials and state media mock ‘weak’ GOP senators after Moscow visit

“What trouble did we cause?” one Russian TV analyst said last week, before the senators arrived. “We just elected Trump, that’s all.” ........

“Putin is fine, he’s fine,” Trump said. “We are all fine, we’re all people.”

 

Russian broadcasters mocked the Republican lawmakers as “weak,” saying their tough talk changed after arriving in Moscow.

 

“We need to look down at them and say: You came because you needed to, not because we did,” said Russian military expert Igor Korotchenko on state-run television.

 

Duma member Vyacheslav Nikonov said the meeting with the Republican lawmakers was “one of the easiest ones in my life.”.............

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/russian-officials-state-media-mock-weak-gop-senators-moscow-visit/#.Wz-0SbLxPIw.twitter

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jakeem said:

Wow.

Jim Jordan changes his story, seems to acknowledge that he was aware that the team doctor was molesting wrestlers at Ohio State

"Conversations in a locker room are a lot different than allegations of abuse."

Image result for jim johnson and bret baier fox news

 

20 hours ago, jakeem said:

shauna Retweeted Judd Legum

So "locker room talk" is men talking about grabbing women by the **** AND men talking about grabbing little boys. Got it.

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jakeem said:

A group of protesters confronted Sen. Mitch McConnell on a Louisville street, calling out "No justice, no peace."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/07/07/mitch-mcconnell-confronted-louisville-protesters-saturday/765771002/

dWMCgIP1?format=jpg&name=600x314

One time the coward couldn't hide behind his wife's skirt.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jakeem said:

Republicans called Jane Fonda “Hanoi Jane” when she visited North Vietnam in 1972. They called Democrats “Baghdad boys” when they visited Iraq in 2002. So, what do we call eight Red Square Republicans who visited Russia on the Fourth of July? Moscow Mules?

DhWiuiaV4AMNQLj.jpg

Oh my, one of those guys looks like a senator from Kansas. Wait till they hear about this back in Salina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Republicans called Jane Fonda “Hanoi Jane” when she visited North Vietnam in 1972. They called Democrats “Baghdad boys” when they visited Iraq in 2002. So, what do we call eight Red Square Republicans who visited Russia on the Fourth of July? Moscow Mules?

Usefull Stooges.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jennifer Cohn @jennycohn1

 
 
 

Senator Ron Johnson (Wisconsin), who went to Russia on July 4, has an incentive to say that we should overlook Russian meddling in our election.

----------------------------------------------------------

“Russian government cyber actors” targeted the voter registration system of a key battleground state. While U.S. officials had already claimed that the Russian government went after 21 states’ voter registration systems, this is the first time that names have been publicly named. And, sorry to say it Wisconsin, you have the dubious distinction of being the state in the spotlight. According to Reuters, the Department of Homeland Security notified all 21 states on Sept. 22, with Wisconsin Elections Commission Administrator Michael Haas quickly identifying his specific state as being affected soon after.

The news agency reports Haas saying that the Russian government “scanned internet-connected election infrastructure likely seeking specific vulnerabilities such as access to voter registration databases, but the attempt to exploit vulnerabilities was unsuccessful.”

https://thevotingnews.com/turns-out-russia-went-after-wisconsins-voter-registration-system-mashable/

WI Gov Scott Walker's PAC took $1M from a Ukrainian businessman linked to oil co. in dossier. RT from @funder

Trump opposed a hand recount in WI, and the court refused to order one.

. In WI, HRC: WON counties w/ all-paper ballots Lost by 1-2% counties w/ paper/paperless mix Lost by10-15% counties w/ just paperless EVMs

<_<

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jakeem said:

Conservative writer on Jim Jordan: "It’s important not to hold people 20 years ago to the standards of today" http://hill.cm/kceLID0 

DhsajEeX0AIf_Ts.jpg

 

11 hours ago, jakeem said:

After all 20 years ago sexually molesting children was totally normal and ....really gop this is the hill you want to die on?

 

11 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Well, it may depend on who you ask.

Did you ask Roy Moore?

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jakeem said:

GOP senators who visited Moscow can’t get their story straight on what happened there

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/gop-senators-visited-moscow-cant-get-story-straight-happened/

uAoDYrJ1?format=jpg&name=600x314

 

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

A key Republican came back from the Kremlin seemingly shrugging off Russian aggression. His colleagues are confused as hell by his talk. Inside a controversial mission to Moscow

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-senators-tell-contradictory-stories-about-moscow-trip?via=twitter_page

GdFJJFBW?format=jpg&name=600x314

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us