mr6666

GOP madness Unbound...

998 posts in this topic

Norman OrnsteinVerified account @NormOrnstein Jan 17

Congratulations to Mitt Romney, Lindsey Graham, John Cornyn, John Thune and so many others

for being recognized by official Russian television for their service to Russia.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Claude TaylorVerified account @TrueFactsStated

Russian State Television celebrating lifting of sanctions and their ownership of the GOP.

DxJOdMAX0AA0RBr.jpg
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

On eve of MLK Day, Pence says Trump is like Martin Luther King Jr. for ‘inspiring us’ with a border wall

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/eve-mlk-day-pence-says-trump-like-martin-luther-king-jr-inspiring-us-border-wall/

Blsk_glu?format=jpg&name=600x314

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

This is an insult to Dr. King's Legacy.

On 1/18/2019 at 7:00 AM, jakeem said:

Mike Pence said criticism of second lady Karen Pence teaching at a school that discriminates against LGBTQ people was an "offensive" attack on "Christian education."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vice-president-karen-pence-criticism_us_5c40d866e4b027c3bbbf5166?section=politics&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000016

dAwIf_rD?format=jpg&name=600x314

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Lady Gaga blasts Pence as the "worst representation of what it means to be Christian" http://hill.cm/PXUsG6y 

DxZocJJWoAAVRpF.jpg

Sadly Mike Pence's ubiquitous defense and promotion of the racist trump, along with his own bigotry against gay Americans,

has made Pence the public face of and the spokesperson for American Evangelicalism.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Ronna McDaniel Retweeted ABC News

Absolutely disgusting and wrong.

@realDonaldTrump has brought African American and Hispanic unemployment to record lows, passed historic criminal justice reform.

Even worse that Bernie is using MLK Day to make an incendiary comment like that.

I think the Romney gal is auditioning for the lying Sanders gal's job......

Oh, the stench of nepotism.....

• Haha 1

These 3 Former Kansas Republicans Say They No Longer Felt At Home In The GOP

"....."I thought, 'I really can't do this anymore,' " she says. "By the 12th I was being asked to switch parties" and by the 19th, she had.

That was the same day state Sen. Dinah Sykes, another former moderate Republican from the Kansas City suburbs, announced her switch to join the Democrats, too.

Sykes, like Clayton, says she felt like an outlier in the Republican caucus.

"You know, if you didn't vote in lockstep and fall in line you were penalized."

That's what happened to state Sen. Barbara Bollier, also a former moderate Republican from the same Kansas City suburbs. When Bollier endorsed Democratic candidates for election, Kansas Senate President Susan Wagle — a Republican — says she had no choice but to strip Bollier of her committee leadership posts. "That was the line," Wagle says....

She didn't align with Republican positions on issues ranging from LGBTQ rights to Medicaid expansion and says she gave up trying to steer the party back to what she considered its traditional center. ....

As a Democrat, Bollier says this legislative session, for the first time, "I don't have that pit in my stomach. That stress of knowing I don't agree with so many of the policies," brought forward by Republicans....

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/21/685616641/these-3-former-kansas-republicans-say-they-no-longer-felt-at-home-in-the-gop?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20190121&fbclid=IwAR0aiizqcWRHINy5wMWUxwhMAj5rvyhRGvydkP8aoIwztSD74dsdQ1OQxJA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mr6666 said:

These 3 Former Kansas Republicans Say They No Longer Felt At Home In The GOP

"....."I thought, 'I really can't do this anymore,' " she says. "By the 12th I was being asked to switch parties" and by the 19th, she had.

That was the same day state Sen. Dinah Sykes, another former moderate Republican from the Kansas City suburbs, announced her switch to join the Democrats, too.

Sykes, like Clayton, says she felt like an outlier in the Republican caucus.

"You know, if you didn't vote in lockstep and fall in line you were penalized."

That's what happened to state Sen. Barbara Bollier, also a former moderate Republican from the same Kansas City suburbs. When Bollier endorsed Democratic candidates for election, Kansas Senate President Susan Wagle — a Republican — says she had no choice but to strip Bollier of her committee leadership posts. "That was the line," Wagle says....

She didn't align with Republican positions on issues ranging from LGBTQ rights to Medicaid expansion and says she gave up trying to steer the party back to what she considered its traditional center. ....

As a Democrat, Bollier says this legislative session, for the first time, "I don't have that pit in my stomach. That stress of knowing I don't agree with so many of the policies," brought forward by Republicans....

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/21/685616641/these-3-former-kansas-republicans-say-they-no-longer-felt-at-home-in-the-gop?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20190121&fbclid=IwAR0aiizqcWRHINy5wMWUxwhMAj5rvyhRGvydkP8aoIwztSD74dsdQ1OQxJA

It's Kansas so it will be different, but I wonder how many moderate Republicans would feel comfortable in the Democratic Party.  Especially as it tilts (at least seemingly) more and more to the extreme left.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:27 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Sadly Mike Pence's ubiquitous defense and promotion of the racist trump, along with his own bigotry against gay Americans,

has made Pence the public face of and the spokesperson for American Evangelicalism.

This reminds of my first few days in college. My room mate was Catholic, had gone to Catholic schools for 12 years and asked about my religion.  Told him I was a Baptist (Southern to be specific).  He responded by asking why Baptists hated Catholics.  Told him that was first time I ever heard that and it was not true.  

However, many evangelical religions have slid farther and farther to the right.  They have also made it acceptable to hate anyone who is different.  TV and religious programming have contributed.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, jakeem said:

#BREAKING: McConnell blocks bill to reopen Homeland Security Dept http://hill.cm/b1nTSXI 

Dxiwj2LX4AAHrxD.jpg

15 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Ken Olin Retweeted The Hill

Wait. We won’t reopen the Homeland Security Dept because we want a wall. That’s offensively stupid.

turtle soup

• Haha 1

Sarah KendziorVerified account @sarahkendzior Jan 22

GOP doesn't care about public disapproval as a result of the shutdown, and aren't concerned about being voted out as a result of disapproval.

This means that (yet again) people need to examine election integrity.

GOP are acting like a party which believes people have no leverage.

<_<:wacko:

• Thanks 1

Couple of interesting columns re: Lindsay Graham.  While these are from the Washington Post, both are actually conservative Republicans.  First by George Will and second by Kathleen Parker.  Basically they point out Grahams abandoning his earlier potential and his positions so that he can appease Trump and the extremists who control the S.C. Republican Primary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-do-people-such-as-lindsey-graham-come-to-congress/2019/01/23/9830a174-1e68-11e9-8e21-59a09ff1e2a1_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.43305227d59e&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/what-did-they-do-with-lindsey-graham/2019/01/15/c9909e62-1914-11e9-88fe-f9f77a3bcb6c_story.html?utm_term=.2bb95b8101c1

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

Enough political spite. Enough showboating for “the Resistance.” The President has produced a fair compromise that pairs full-year government funding with immigration policy priorities from both sides. It’s time to make a deal.

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

Joe Scarborough Retweeted Leader McConnell

Merrick Garland. Now.

Merrick Garland. Forever.

You killed the albatross.

Wear it around your neck and keep lectures on obstruction and showboating to yourself.

"My goal is to make President Obama a one-term president."-- Mitch McConnell

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2019 at 4:43 PM, TheCid said:

This reminds of my first few days in college. My room mate was Catholic, had gone to Catholic schools for 12 years and asked about my religion.  Told him I was a Baptist (Southern to be specific).  He responded by asking why Baptists hated Catholics.  Told him that was first time I ever heard that and it was not true.  

However, many evangelical religions have slid farther and farther to the right.  They have also made it acceptable to hate anyone who is different.  TV and religious programming have contributed.

Check out these....

Chick Tract

Chick tracts are short evangelical gospel tracts, originally created and published by American publisher and religious cartoonist Jack Chick. Since his death, his company (Chick Publications) has continued to print new tracts using other authors working for the company.

Although many of Chick's tracts express views that are generally accepted within Christian theology, several tracts have expressed controversial viewpoints. Most notably, Chick tracts were known for expressing strongly anti-Catholic views, as well as his criticisms of other religions including Islam and Mormonism.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Joe ScarboroughVerified account @JoeNBC

Who were the 22 Republican lawmakers who voted with Vladimir Putin, former Soviet generals and anti-democratic tyrants

who have been trying to undermine and destroy NATO for 50 years?

3:29 AM - 23 Jan 2019
============================================

Here are the 22. #TreasonCaucus #MorningJoe

DxmImLLXQAUtQIO.jpg

On 1/26/2019 at 1:46 PM, jakeem said:

On 1/26/2019 at 1:47 PM, jakeem said:

Trump unfollows Ann Coulter on Twitter after she blasts 'joke presidency' that's 'scamming' Americans with hollow promises of a border wall – two years after writing 'In Trump We Trust' book

Coulter was a reliable Trump ally, backing him for his border wall pledge

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

The GOP is the Howdy Doody puppet party.

• Haha 1

Senate Republicans reintroduce bill to repeal the estate tax

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/427328-senate-republicans-reintroduce-bill-to-repeal-the-estate-tax

======================================

Bernie SandersVerified account @SenSanders 4h4 hours ago

Ending the estate tax would give a tax break of up to $63 billion to the Walton family and $39 billion to the Kochs—but $0 to 99.8% of Americans.

At a time of record inequality, the very last thing we should do is line the pockets of the rich.

• Sad 2

The Senator Who Is Betraying the Senate

Instead of protecting Congress’s power, Lindsey Graham is urging Trump to undermine it in his pursuit of a wall.

.... Graham, the South Carolina Republican, reiterated a position that cuts against the core of the Constitution. President Donald Trump “must” invoke emergency powers to construct a border wall, he wrote, “if the White House and Congress fail to reach a deal.” The comment allies Graham with some immigration hard-liners in the Republican Party and is perhaps intended to avert another pointless government shutdown. But it marks a betrayal of Congress. ......

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/lindsey-graham-wall/581500/?utm_source=fbb&amp;fbclid=IwAR0f0Y8gg9ZIIA6bBmy6E8c-ZHv0hgKwneBmR5MbOCDnUwkgmLkVFZ52Kw4

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

On Senate floor Mitch McConnell rips a federal holiday for Election Day as part of a “power grab” by Democrats to win elections.

McConnell said Democrats want “generous new benefits for federal bureaucrats and government employees” including Election Day holiday and up to six days of paid leave “for any federal bureaucrat who decides they’d like to hang out at the polls during an election.”

McConnell thinks those federal workers would use their time off to work to elect Democrats. He also ripped federal matching funds for candidates, etc. in HR 1, which he calls “The Democratic Politician Protection Act”

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Keith Boykin Retweeted TPM Livewire

Mitch McConnell:

-Refused to hold a vote on Obama’s SCOTUS nominee

-Refused to issue a joint statement warning Americans about Russian interference in the 2016 election

-Refused to take a vote to reopen government during the shutdown

-Refuses to make Election Day a holiday

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Kevin M. Kruse Retweeted Leader McConnell

When you insist that a bill designed to support voting rights for everyone, shine a light on billionaire donors, crack down on lobbyists' influence and protect our elections from foreign interference would just help Democrats, that's a pretty big tell.

Mitch McConnell may not have been successful at making President Obama a one-term president-- which was his biggest goal--

But, ironically and inadvertently, he may be making trump a one-term president.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 2:05 PM, mr6666 said:

Tarini PartiVerified account @tparti

(RNC Chairwoman) McDaniel closes her speech with this:

"Together we will reelect Donald J. Trump in 2020."

RNC members on their fleet clapping and cheering.

9:43 AM - 25 Jan 2019
:blink:

"Together, we AND THE RUSSIANS will reelect Donald Trump....."