mr6666

GOP madness Unbound...

250 posts in this topic

Check out this (fake) website from Funny or Die. It's their April Fool's Day joke. It's Mike Pence's Presidential website.

http://www.officialmikepence.com/

Yup... sums him up in his bio intro:

A former U.S. congressman and governor for the state of Indiana, President Mike Pence is proud to serve the white and Christian population of America for more than two decades.

Born in Columbus, Indiana, on June 7, 1959, to wholesome heterosexual couple Edward and Nancy Pence, Michael Richard Pence was named after his grandfather Richard, who emigrated to America from the non-Muslim-majority country of Ireland, settling with his family in the American Midwest.

• Like 2

Republicans Accuse Voters of Using Town Halls to Express Themselves-

"Saying “Enough is enough,” Republican senators on Friday angrily accused their constituents of “intentionally and opportunistically” using recent town-hall meetings as vehicles to express themselves.

One of the angriest Republicans, Senator Tom Cotton, of Arkansas, said he was “disgusted and offended” by the “flagrant exercise of freedom of speech” he witnessed at his town hall.

“The spectacle of people standing up, asking their elected representatives questions, and expecting them to answer is the most disgraceful thing I’ve ever experienced,” Cotton said. “This will not stand.”...

“We need to send a strong message to these people,” he said. “A town-hall meeting is not a time for everyone in town to come to a hall and meet.”...

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republicans-accuse-voters-of-using-town-halls-to-express-themselves?mbid=social_facebook

:lol:

• Like 3

Republicans Accuse Voters of Using Town Halls to Express Themselves-

"Saying “Enough is enough,” Republican senators on Friday angrily accused their constituents of “intentionally and opportunistically” using recent town-hall meetings as vehicles to express themselves.

One of the angriest Republicans, Senator Tom Cotton, of Arkansas, said he was “disgusted and offended” by the “flagrant exercise of freedom of speech” he witnessed at his town hall.

“The spectacle of people standing up, asking their elected representatives questions, and expecting them to answer is the most disgraceful thing I’ve ever experienced,” Cotton said. “This will not stand.”...

“We need to send a strong message to these people,” he said. “A town-hall meeting is not a time for everyone in town to come to a hall and meet.”...

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republicans-accuse-voters-of-using-town-halls-to-express-themselves?mbid=social_facebook

:lol:

How dare these constituents question their representatives and senators!  The nerve of them!  

I know this is meant to be funny, and it is, but a lot of them probably do feel this way. Someone needs to remind these jerks like Cotton who pays their salaries and who they are supposed to be working for.

Yup... sums him up in his bio intro:

A former U.S. congressman and governor for the state of Indiana, President Mike Pence is proud to serve the white and Christian population of America for more than two decades.

Born in Columbus, Indiana, on June 7, 1959, to wholesome heterosexual couple Edward and Nancy Pence, Michael Richard Pence was named after his grandfather Richard, who emigrated to America from the non-Muslim-majority country of Ireland, settling with his family in the American Midwest.

They forgot to include the straight and the male with the white and (far right) Christian population.

• Like 1

And like his father and grandfather before him, Pence

will not eat dinner alone with a woman not his wife.

And like his father and grandfather before him, Pence

will not eat dinner alone with a woman not his wife.

Somebody please explain the logic of this to me.  Is another female going to drive a Pence man into a frenzy?  Can't they control themselves?

It seems like another American Taliban thing of which Mike 'the doorstop' Pence would be a good representative leader.

Somebody please explain the logic of this to me.  Is another female going to drive a Pence man into a frenzy?  Can't they control themselves?

It's like he's some kind of sex fiend who cannot have dinner

with a woman without going out of control. Amusing or weird

or maybe a bit of both.

How on earth can a guy who believes that electric shock therapy can cure someone of being homosexual be chosen to be the nation's representative on a trip to South Korea and Japan to convince them that America knows best?

How on earth can a guy who believes that electric shock therapy can cure someone of being homosexual be chosen to be the nation's representative on a trip to South Korea and Japan to convince them that America knows best?

well I doan know. it worked pretty well on john hurt in nineteen eighty-four. :lol:

Oklahoma Governor Signs Anti-Protest Law Imposing Huge Fines on “Conspirator” Organizations-

"A statute aimed at suppressing protests against oil and gas pipelines has been signed into law in Oklahoma, as a related bill advances through the state legislature. The two bills are part of a nationwide trend in anti-protest laws meant to significantly increase legal penalties for civil disobedience. The Oklahoma law signed this week is unique, however, in its broad targeting of groups “conspiring” with protesters accused of trespassing. It takes aim at environmental organizations.....

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/06/oklahoma-governor-signs-anti-protest-law-imposing-huge-fines-on-conspirator-organizations/

• Like 2

"WASHINGTON — A House Republican chairman has told a dozen government agencies to exclude communications with his committee from requests made by news organizations, advocacy groups and others through the Freedom of Information Act.....

while Congress does have that right, it is the height of hypocrisy for him to take such extraordinary measures to shield himself from the oversight of the American public,” Waters said. “People should ask themselves: What is he trying to hide?”

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/gop-chairman-warns-agencies-requests-records/

• Like 2

Next up on the House Republican agenda: a massive Wall Street deregulation bill-

What does Republicans’ Dodd-Frank repeal bill do?

Spearheaded by House Finance Chair Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-TX), the Choice Act begins by throwing out much of the banking oversight passed under President Obama’s administration, mostly through the Dodd-Frank act signed in 2010. But it goes further than that, rolling back oversight in a way that could dramatically exacerbate the likelihood of another financial crisis, according to experts in financial regulation.

“It’s a little hard to get your mind around everything this bill does, because there’s almost no area of financial regulation it doesn’t touch,” says Marcus Stanley, policy director for Americans for Financial Reform. “There’s a bunch of very radical stuff in this bill, and it goes way beyond repealing Dodd-Frank.”

It could also expose the hollowness of Trump’s campaign promises. Trump ran on slamming Wall Street for “getting away with murder”....

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/4/15549308/house-republicans-wall-street-deregulation

• Like 5

It could also expose the hollowness of Trump’s campaign promises. Trump ran on slamming Wall Street for “getting away with murder”....

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/4/15549308/house-republicans-wall-street-deregulation

I succinctly recall Jake touting this as a great feature of Trump's campaign.  Why is it so impossible for them to see what a charlatan Trump is?

• Like 3

Why Republicans Want to Declaw the Nation’s Consumer Financial Watchdog Agency-

"The CHOICE Act would do more than reduce financial regulations enacted under the Obama administration. It also targets the CFPB, the regulatory agency created by Dodd-Frank to police the financial marketplace.

Among other things, the bill would:

• Strip away the agency's authority to regulate large banks and payday lenders
  • Remove its power to prosecute companies that engage in unfair, deceptive or abusive acts or practices
  • Eliminate independent funding from the Federal Reserve Bank and give Congress the power to set the CFPB's budget
  • Allow Congress to kill any major financial rules proposed by the agency; both houses would have to give their approval within 60 days
  • Stop public access to the CFPB's database of more than 1.1 million consumer complaints..............

"The bill neuters the CFPB and would leave consumers more vulnerable to financial scams, hidden fees and costly gotchas that can undermine their financial security,".......

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/why-republicans-want-declaw-nation-s-consumer-financial-watchdog-agency-n756486

• Like 3

House Republican writes letter to constituent's employer complaining about her progressive activism-   Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen’s note culminated in a woman resigning from her job.

" Democrats have chosen to targets districts like ours because we sit in prime media markets and their protesters are highly organized.”-Frelinghuysen

-But at the bottom, in blue pen, Frelinghuysen wrote by hand: “P.S. One of the ringleaders works in your bank!”....

".....I thought my Congressman put them in a situation, and put me in a really bad situation as the constituent, and used his name, used his position and used his stationery to try to punish me.”...

............“Frelinghuysen has gone from simply refusing to meet with his constituents and telling them to ‘back off,’ to threatening constituents who are exercising their freedom of speech. That Frelinghuysen would use his powerful public office to hurt a private citizen is wrong, unethical and immoral.”........

https://thinkprogress.org/rodney-frelinghuysen-letter-nj-11th-for-change-c7de8d42cb79

• Like 3

House Republican writes letter to constituent's employer complaining about her progressive activism-   Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen’s note culminated in a woman resigning from her job.

" Democrats have chosen to targets districts like ours because we sit in prime media markets and their protesters are highly organized.”-Frelinghuysen

-But at the bottom, in blue pen, Frelinghuysen wrote by hand: “P.S. One of the ringleaders works in your bank!”....

".....I thought my Congressman put them in a situation, and put me in a really bad situation as the constituent, and used his name, used his position and used his stationery to try to punish me.”...

............“Frelinghuysen has gone from simply refusing to meet with his constituents and telling them to ‘back off,’ to threatening constituents who are exercising their freedom of speech. That Frelinghuysen would use his powerful public office to hurt a private citizen is wrong, unethical and immoral.”........

https://thinkprogress.org/rodney-frelinghuysen-letter-nj-11th-for-change-c7de8d42cb79

To think that he would be dumb enough to do it on paper and sign it is even worse.

• Like 3

Par for the course............

• Like 1

What do you think of this ad for the NRA? Too far even for them? New level of hysteria?

Sad.  Part of the mantra here is to blame Hollywood for being too liberal.  We have heard that about every other day from one Trump supporter on thess boards.  I guess it never occurs to them that Hollywood sells to the world and not just the racist gun toting far right deplorables in Trump country.  I would say that most of the world does not embrace the values of the American far right.  That is a niche market thankfully.

House Republican writes letter to constituent's employer complaining about her progressive activism-

Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen’s note culminated in a woman resigning from her job.

The shameless McCarthyite, or is it Stalinist, forces are now unleashed against our democracy, starting with this president

What do you think of this ad for the NRA? Too far even for them? New level of hysteria?

"The video drew widespread criticism after NRATV reposted it on its Facebook page on June 28. In a June 29 article, Vox’s Zack Beauchamp called the video “chilling” and said it “comes this close to calling for a civil war against liberals.” The same day, ThinkProgress’ Aaron Rupar wrote a piece saying the video “stops just short of calling for violence against … progressives.”

During the noon edition of NRATV’s program Stinchfield, which provides live updates at the top of the hour from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. EST, Loesch, who is also an NRATV commentator, doubled down on the spot, calling it a “fantastic ad” that “holds up a mirror to the violent aspects of the left.” Loesch denied that she was inciting violence in the ad, saying that she meant “meeting that violence with simple truth and simple peaceful ideas”:

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/06/29/nra-spokesperson-proud-controversial-nra-ad-smeared-anti-trump-resistance-movement/217107

:blink:

• Like 1