Princess of Tap

Trump Is Not a Legitimate President

233 posts in this topic

On the heels of Rosenstein's press conference to indight 12 Russians in election hacking the White House puts out a statement saying that the indictment does not name anyone from the campaign.  Furthermore Gulianni calls for the investigation to fold up shop.

No, good work Muller and kudos to the FBI.  No statement saying that the President is going to make it clear to Putin that this can never happen again.  No statement about protecting the country from attack.  Just me me me me me.  Surprised?

• Thanks 2

-_-

A Swing-State Election Vendor Repeatedly Denied Being Hacked by Russians.

The New Mueller Indictment Says Otherwise.

....... Russian military hackers tried to trick employees of VR Systems, a Florida-based e-voting vendor, into downloading computer-hijacking malware, according to a top-secret NSA report published by The Intercept last year. As recently as last month, the company denied any breach had occurred. But, in fact, the hacking attempt worked, judging from an indictment of 12 Russian military officers prepared by Special Counsel Robert Mueller and handed down by a grand jury today. ......

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/13/a-swing-state-election-vendor-repeatedly-denied-being-hacked-by-russians-new-mueller-indictment-says-otherwise/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mr6666 said:

Charles P. PierceVerified account @CharlesPPierce 18h18 hours ago

I still feel, as I always have, that we are sloowwwly inching closer to the revelation that some vote totals were ratfcked.

:unsure: 

What happens then?  Goodbye Trump - hello Clinton?

Next time, the U.S. should get the Namibian election scrutinizers. 

• Haha 1

Trump’s presidency is illegitimate

Meuller’s indictments of 12 Russian intelligence agents prove that the Kremlin stole the election for Trump

....agents of the Russian intelligence service, the GRU, set out in the spring of 2016 to steal the election for Donald Trump. When you track the actions taken by Russian intelligence in the indictment with statements made by Trump and actions taken on his behalf by members of his campaign, the picture is as clear as an iPhone photo. Agents of the Russian government coordinated with members of the Trump campaign and took cues from Trump himself in order to influence the election of 2016.

In announcing the indictment, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein may have refused to point to a victim of the Russians’ crimes other than to say it was America itself, but the intent of the Russians was clear.

They took active measures over a period of at least nine months to aid the campaign of Donald Trump and to damage the campaign of Hillary Clinton. They stole the election for Donald Trump, and he helped them do it.....

Twenty-five Russians have been indicted for helping to elect Donald Trump. Twelve of them are active Russian intelligence agents. Thirteen of them worked for something called the “Internet Research Agency LLC,” described in the indictment handed down in February as “a Russian organization engaged in operations to interfere with elections and political processes.”...

If the indictment handed down yesterday by the grand jury being run by Special Counsel Mueller doesn’t allege, albeit in a roundabout way, that Russia conspired with Trump to steal the election of 2016, I don’t know what it does.

Anybody who gets elected to office in this country with the help of the intelligence agents of a foreign power has been elected illegitimately. It’s not a tough call. Donald Trump is president because Vladimir Putin wanted him to be. ...

https://www.salon.com/2018/07/14/trumps-presidency-is-illegitimate/

:huh:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Julia Davis @JuliaDavisNews

The FBI informed Maryland officials that the state's voter registration & election management system operate on a software platform owned by a Russian-financed firm, AltPoint Capital Partners,

whose largest investor is a Russian oligarch, Vladimir Potanin.

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/maryland-voter-registration-system-runs-on-russian-owned-software-i-team-learns/22144023

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Julia Davis @JuliaDavisNews

The FBI informed Maryland officials that the state's voter registration & election management system operate on a software platform owned by a Russian-financed firm, AltPoint Capital Partners,

whose largest investor is a Russian oligarch, Vladimir Potanin.

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/maryland-voter-registration-system-runs-on-russian-owned-software-i-team-learns/22144023

Maryland AG probing Russian oligarch's purchase of state election system software

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/396994-maryland-ag-probing-russians-purchase-of-state-election-system-software

• Haha 1

Trump’s Crisis of Legitimacy

The president understands the stakes of the Russia story more clearly than most of his followers.

"..... it is not at all clear that the Russian interference had no material effect, just as it’s unclear whether there was active coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign. The latest Mueller indictment alleges that the Russians stole Democratic Party voter analytics. Were those analytics shared with the Trump campaign? That remains unclear. Did the Russians and the Trump campaign in any way coordinate the targeting of Facebook and other social-media advertising? That remains unclear. How much Russian money flowed into advertising by third-party groups like the National Rifle Association? Unclear once more.

Trey Gowdy, chair of the House Oversight Committee, issued a statement post-Helsinki: “It is possible to conclude Russia interfered in our election in 2016 without delegitimizing his [President Trump’s] electoral success.” It is possible to do that, but you have to be strongly motivated.

The more plausible and more probable conclusion, even before Helsinki, was that the Russian interference shadowed Trump’s legitimacy. Post-Helsinki, the doubts rankle even more sharply.

Plainly, there is something wrong in the Trump-Russia relationship. Plainly, it governs Trump’s behavior ....

There’s a reason we have two different words for legality and legitimacy. Each new wave of information about Russia’s targeted assistance to Trump—and the Trump campaign’s acceptance of that assistance—subtracts from this presidency’s quantum of that second, higher quality.

His supporters may not care.

But legitimacy is important precisely because it shapes the behavior and beliefs of non-supporters. And in Trump’s case, those non-supporters are the large majority of the American population. "

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/07/is-trumps-presidency-legitimate/565451/?utm_medium=social&utm_term=2018-07-17T21%3A54%3A45&utm_campaign=the-atlantic&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=edit-promo

• Thanks 1

From the WP ...

Trump is an illegitimate president whose election is tainted by fraud

The U.S. isn't a banana republic, so why are sitting presidents immune to prosecution? (Kate Woodsome, Breanna Muir, Adriana Usero/The Washington Post)

6974e11f-72a4-4106-923c-e135283be881.png
By Max Boot
Columnist

August 22 at 1:18 PM

highlight...

In short, there is growing evidence that the president is, to use the word favored by Richard Nixon, “a crook.” Even buying the silence of his reputed playmates could by itself have been enough to swing an exceedingly close election decided by fewer than 80,000 votes in three states. Trump certainly would not have authorized the payments unless he thought it was politically imperative to do so. There is also considerable evidence, as I previously argued, that Russia’s intervention on Trump’s behalf affected the outcome. Even more than Nixon, Trump is now an illegitimate president whose election is tainted by fraud.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

appreciate any summaries, as I can't read articles :)

Have to be careful of summaries as some posters pick and choose what supports their bias. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump* is getting an asterisk behind his name now.  Artificially enhanced presidential win.

Just now, Bogie56 said:

Trump* is getting an asterisk behind his name now.  Artificially enhanced presidential win.

Didn't they just exclude Barry Bonds from the record books?    

7 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Not the first. 1876.  The Dems in South sold out to the Republicans in a deal to get the Union Army out of the South and thereby "electing" Hayes as president.  This enabled Southern Dems  to establish Jim Crow law which lasted until the 1970's, with some remnants still extant.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

Not the first. 1876.  The Dems in South sold out to the Republicans in a deal to get the Union Army out of the South and thereby "electing" Hayes as president.  This enabled Southern Dems  to establish Jim Crow law which lasted until the 1970's, with some remnants still extant.

Of course many Dems still believe Bush being seated instead of Gore is an "artificially enhanced presidential win".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:
From the WP ...

Trump is an illegitimate president whose election is tainted by fraud

The U.S. isn't a banana republic, so why are sitting presidents immune to prosecution? (Kate Woodsome, Breanna Muir, Adriana Usero/The Washington Post)

6974e11f-72a4-4106-923c-e135283be881.png
By Max Boot
Columnist

August 22 at 1:18 PM

highlight...

In short, there is growing evidence that the president is, to use the word favored by Richard Nixon, “a crook.” Even buying the silence of his reputed playmates could by itself have been enough to swing an exceedingly close election decided by fewer than 80,000 votes in three states. Trump certainly would not have authorized the payments unless he thought it was politically imperative to do so. There is also considerable evidence, as I previously argued, that Russia’s intervention on Trump’s behalf affected the outcome. Even more than Nixon, Trump is now an illegitimate president whose election is tainted by fraud.....unfortunately, I am going to have to insist that the democrats and other liberals near and far prove all the above by successfully impeaching and removing Donald trump from office...

if not I shall remain unimpressed.

:D

edited by nipkowdisc

4 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

Max Boot

Nipkow;  Boot is a conservative and always has been.   Boot didn't change his views and values.   Instead what changed was that the USA elected a President that is a lying a-hole that is unfit to be a dog catcher.    (and sorry to all those that have held the occupation of dog catcher).  

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Nipkow;  Boot is a conservative and always has been.   Boot didn't change his views and values.   Instead what changed was that the USA elected a President that is a lying a-hole that is unfit to be a dog catcher.    (and sorry to all those that have held the occupation of dog catcher).  

so is the GOP now supposed to abandon trump and head for the hills? a little too late for that now? I say we maintain an even strain, hold on and give 'er the gun!

:D

"we'll all be heroes or dead men, so what do we have to lose?" -General Thayer, Destination Moon

"pivot at warp 2 and then bring all tubes to bear."

Image result for captain kirk elaan of troyius

Image result for trump melania

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

so is the GOP now supposed to abandon trump and head for the hills? a little too late for that now? I say we maintain an even strain, hold on and give 'er the gun!

If there is clear evidence that Trump committed crimes (and I believe there is),  the GOP needs to do their duty; that means what is best for the country and that means getting Trump out of office. 

To me Trump today admitted he committed crimes when he asked why Congress would impeach a President that is doing a great job.    I.e. this is Trump openly admitting he has committed crimes but that it shouldn't matter because,  hey,  he is doing a great job.

That is just insane!!!!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

so lets them abandon trump.

lets see that.

I doubt the GOP would even know how to begin.

"so we're just going to have to take our best shot " -the president, marooned

I doan care how dirty trump is, he's a tenacious hardcase who gets it done!

plus who's to say he is any more sullied than the people in Washington that we doan even know about.

"well, he's our emperor." -Robert Taylor, Quo Vadis

Just now, NipkowDisc said:

Yes,  we all understand that and I find that sad.    Oh well,   for now we have Trump,  but I don't see him being around after 2020.  

3 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

plus who's to say he is any less sullied than the people in Washington that we doan even know about.

"well, he's our emperor." -Robert Taylor, Quo Vadis

"Well, he ain't my emperor," me.  ?

• Like 2