darkblue

The Miserable Legacy of Barack Obama

303 posts in this topic

Obama 12th best president, Lincoln first, Clinton 15th: Historians

Just weeks after returning to civilian life, former president Barack Obama was rated the 12th best U.S. president, while Abraham Lincoln, another president who made his political bones in Illinois, retains the top position.

That's according to a poll of 91 historians rating presidential leadership conducted by C-SPAN ahead of Monday's President's Day holiday. They noted that Obama entered the top rankings for the first time, having not been rated during its last survey in 2009.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chicagoinc/ct-survey-presidential-leadership-survey-lincoln-obama-chicago-inc-20170217-story.html

Funny how the Presidency of Barack Obama is starting to look better every day we have to put up with this new mess in the Oval Office.

Funny how the Presidency of Barack Obama is starting to look better every day we have to put up with this new mess in the Oval Office.

Barack Obama possesses a dignity and moral authority that the current occupant of the White House will never have.

• Like 1

What is it with you Trump lovers? Are you all inherently dishonest?

Jake did the same thing, publishing the ONLY POLL OUT OF ELEVEN POLLS (!!!!) that gave Trump favourable ratings.

Here's what the other polls had, those you don't consider worth reporting:

Trump Approval Ratings

Gallup :  41%

Pew :   39%

Quinnipiac :   43%

Monmouth :   35%

CNN :  44%

Fox News :   42%

CBS News :    32%

ABC News :  40%

NBC News/Wall Street Journal :   38%

Just noticing that, are we?  ;)

shocked1.jpg

"What do ya expect, Louie? He's a Trump supporter."

"I'm shocked . . . SHOCKED he is so dishonest with the facts. And he uses your face for his avatar, too!"

• Like 2

One last look at the polls: Hillary Clinton's lead is holding steady

Today's the day when the old cliche is true: The only poll that counts is the one on election day.

So what do the final election day polls show for Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump? Well, pretty much what they've been showing.

“Our polls have shown Clinton’s lead in the national popular vote to be remarkably stable despite the many apparent twists and turns in the campaign,” said Jon Cohen, the chief research officer for SurveyMonkey.

“All fall, Clinton has maintained a lead over Trump, with her margin hovering in a narrow band between four and six percentage points.”

The final ABC/Washington Post tracking poll offers a very similar look — 47% for Clinton, 43% for Trump in a two-way contest. In the four-way matchup, the survey shows Clinton at 49%, Trump 46%, Johnson 4% and Stein 1%.

Several other national surveys released on Monday were consistent with a Clinton lead of about four points. She was ahead by that amount in surveys by CBS, Fox News and YouGov. Polls by Reuters and Bloomberg both had Clinton ahead by three points, while a final poll by Monmouth University had her up by six.

On the day before the election they all said Hillary would win. It's the same outfits that now claim they know what the approval ratings are. Of coarse we know who really won, and who ended up crying. This proves the polling was biased, just like their news coverage.

On the day before the election they all said Hillary would win. It's the same outfits that now claim they know what the approval ratings are. Of coarse we know who really won, and who ended up crying. This proves the polling was biased, just like their news coverage.

So polls are biased and wrong. And yet you started this whole conversation by posting a poll.  :mellow:

All it shows is that polls are not perfect, which is something

everybody should have known anyway. The popular vote

polls proved to be fairly accurate, with Clinton beating Trump

by 2.1 percent points.

• Like 1

shocked1.jpg

"What do ya expect, Louie? He's a Trump supporter."

"I'm shocked . . . SHOCKED he is so dishonest with the facts. And he uses your face for his avatar, too!"

"Louie, If I didn't have Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton to hate, I might actually have to take an honest look at Donald Trump's character as a man and his record as a businessman. Then I would see what a lying misogynist- bigot he is."

"Louie, don't worry, as long as I can focus my hatred on the first black man to be president and the first white woman to run for president on a major party ticket, I don't have to worry about actually seeing Trump for what he really is. Play It Again, Sam."

All it shows is that polls are not perfect, which is something

everybody should have known anyway. The popular vote

polls proved to be fairly accurate, with Clinton beating Trump

by 2.1 percent points.

All polls that said Clinton would get more votes than Trump were accurate, just not by the 4% margin that had been forecast.

The electoral college is a whole different animal.

If anything came out of the past election, I'll never trust  polls again.

Did trusting polls change your behavior?   E.g. you decided NOT to vote or changed you would vote for.  I assume NO.  

If NO, then no harm was done by you trusting the accurately of said polls.    

How could they have been THIS wrong? 

By oversampling home phones, older voters, and Democrats.

They a) don't really like getting out on the streets and talking to younger voters or 2) releasing any poll numbers that aren't useful for reporting to non-Clinton supporters that they have no chance - the game is to make those voters not feel hope.

But they overplayed it - they actually ended up causing lots of Clinton voters to not bother because it was in the bag anyway. "95% - hell, I don't think they're gonna miss my one vote".

• Like 1

All polls that said Clinton would get more votes than Trump were accurate, just not by the 4% margin that had been forecast.

The electoral college is a whole different animal.

If they had the usual margin of error, I think they did pretty

well on the popular vote. And Trump managed to get a

perfect storm in the electoral vote. A small change in some

of those states and things would have gone the other way.

• Like 1

forecasts_1013.png

All of the same polling outfits had Hillary winning the electoral college even without the toss-up states. Wishful thinking at its worst, none of them even had Trump getting to 200 at this point. And now they want us to trust them with popularity polls?

All of the same polling outfits had Hillary winning the electoral college even without the toss-up states. Wishful thinking at its worst, none of them even had Trump getting to 200 at this point. And now they want us to trust them with popularity polls?

You can't trust pollers who don't actually poll.

Were More People Deported Under the Obama Administration Than Any Other?

http://www.snopes.com/obama-deported-more-people/

Obama deports, none of the leftist are complaining...strange.

They did complain (here in So Cal there were protest and CA Dem pols wrote letters to the President) but clearly not as loud.

The tactical mistake the Trump admin made was coming out with Executive Orders that covered 3 different topics;  Illegal Immigration,  Refuges from war torn and drug infested areas (e.g. Central America) and the Travel ban. 

This allowed most media companies and the Dem party to combine all 3 into one 'they hate all immigrates' rant without having to deal reasonably with each item separately.

The Obama deportation numbers are to some degree fudged

since "catch and release" people who had just been caught

near the border and who were previously not counted as

deported have been counted as such over the last few years.

Deporter in chief was usually a left wing thing and wasn't meant

as a compliment.

Right Direction or Wrong Track

Forty-six percent (46%) of Likely U.S. Voters think the country is heading in the right direction, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey for the week ending February 16.   

That’s up a point from the previous week. This is the fourth week in a row that this finding has been in the mid-40s after running in the mid- to upper 20s for much of 2016. The latest finding is higher that any week during the Obama presidency.

Trump has higher polls than the disaster years of Obama already.

Right Direction or Wrong Track

Well, here we go again. Movie Madness being very selective as to which poll about the country's direction he wishes to post.

Here are the others:

Right Dir.                               Wrong Dir.

Reuters/Ipsos                                                                     31                                             52

Economist/YouGov                                                               31                                             52

IBD/TIPP                                                                             50                                             48

CBS News                                                                           29                                             61

ABC News/Wash Post                                                           29                                             63

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl                                                          37                                             52

Monmouth                                                                           27                                             67

How can you Trump supporters belly ache so much about "fake news" when you constantly try to distort the news yourself in order to make a partisan point?  Jake plays this same game, as well. What a bunch of hypocrites!

• Like 1

Well, here we go again. Movie Madness being very selective as to which poll about the country's direction he wishes to post.

Here are the others:

Reuters/Ipsos                                                                     31                                             52

Economist/YouGov                                                               31                                             52

IBD/TIPP                                                                             50                                             48

CBS News                                                                           29                                             61

ABC News/Wash Post                                                           29                                             63

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl                                                          37                                             52

Monmouth                                                                           27                                             67

How can you Trump supporters belly ache so much about "fake news" when you constantly try to distort the news yourself in order to make a partisan point?  Jake plays this same game, as well. What a bunch of hypocrites!

To me polls at this time (when there is no major elections on the horizon),  are meaningless and therefore kind of like fake news.

Same with a President's approval rating.   

The only thing that matters at this time is that the GOP has control of the White House,  majorities in both the House and Senate and dominates most state governments.

I do agree that patricians tend to say polling data is accurate and important when it goes their way.

To me polls at this time (when there is no major elections on the horizon),  are meaningless and therefore kind of like fake news.

Same with a President's approval rating.   

The only thing that matters at this time is that the GOP has control of the White House,  majorities in both the House and Senate and dominates most state governments.

I do agree that patricians tend to say polling data is accurate and important when it goes their way.

The point of my post was MM's hypocrisy and I had to show the other poll results in order to prove my point.

• Like 1

Here are the others:

This sort of fits here.  

Apparently the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is in process of successfully recruiting hundreds of people to run for Congress against incumbent Republicans, even in Red districts.  These are districts where Dems. have not fielded a candidate in years.

Lots of these districts actually voted for Hillary Clinton or came within a few percent of it.

Of course, all the opposition to the incumbent Republicans and money coming to DCCC are encouraging this.

Add in the harsh treatement many of the incumbent GOPer senators and representatives are finding in their meetings back home.  Some are even walking out of the meetings or refusing to respond to questions.  The people at them are constituents.

The point of my post was MM's hypocrisy and I had to show the other poll results in order to prove my point.

I didn't see a need to prove your point because it should be very evident to anyone paying attention.   ;)