darkblue

The Miserable Legacy of Barack Obama

303 posts in this topic

It looks like Obamacare is going to have to collapse on its own thanks to him and his buddies blocking reforms.

There are 46 more Republicans than Democrats in the House of Representatives. Time to be a Big Boy now, MM, and acknowledge that it is your own party that is to blame for the failure to pass TrumpCare.

Or are you like Trump, with whom the buck ALWAYS stops somewhere else?

• Like 3

Obama and his buddies have blocked reforms to Obamacare for years, and they wanted this latest attempt at fixing it to fail. No Democrats wanted to vote for a better plan, none. So Obamacare will now implode on itself and the Democrats, including Obama, are responsible because it is their plan.

Obama and his buddies have blocked reforms to Obamacare for years, and they wanted this latest attempt at fixing it to fail. No Democrats wanted to vote for a better plan, none. So Obamacare will now implode on itself and the Democrats, including Obama, are responsible because it is their plan.

Somehow I figure you think it's Obama's fault, too, that Republicans couldn't pass TrumpCare yesterday.

Just as I suspect the time you checked the socks you had on one day and found they didn't match. Barack had something to do with that, too, didn't he?

Must be great living in a world in which your every grievance always has the same answer - OBAMA'S FAULT!

• Like 1

Even Republicans didn't think it was a BETTER plan.  Some even went as far as to say it was the WORST bill they have ever seen.  The democrats have plenty of ideas to IMPROVE, not replace Obamacare.  If they are allowed to participate by a GOP Congress that has had no desire to do anything for 7 years then I'm sure they can rescue the plan.

The Republican Congress were never interested in a plan that would benefit Americans.  They were only interested in political expediency that might help them all get re-elected.  A swamp indeed.

• Like 2

TrumpCare failed 100% because of the inability of Donald Trump to negotiate a deal or get his people to support him.

While the Republican House voted 18 or so times to repeal the ACA over the past 6 years, not once did they submit any meaningful changes to the ACA.

More importantly, not once did they actually allow the Democrats to participate in a process to reform the ACA.

The Democrats have made several attempts to try and get Republicans in House or Senate to cooperate and participate in developing improvements to ACA.  The Republicans refused to work with them.

• Like 3

Millions will lose their healthcare now thanks to Obama and the Democrats. They voted no to fix it so will be blamed for its collapse.

How Republicans quietly sabotaged Obamacare long before Trump-

"When the ACA was rolled out, telling insurance companies that they had to insure anybody who signed up, regardless of previous conditions or sickness, everybody realized that the insurance companies would probably lose money in the first decade or so, until previously-uninsured-but-sick people got into the system, got better, and things evened out.

To get the insurance companies to go along with this danger of losing money, the ACA promised to make them whole for any losses in any of the first decade’s years.....

Rubio and a number of other Republicans had succeeded in gutting the risk corridors.  The result was that, just in 2015, end-of-fiscal-year risk corridor payments to insurance companies (were slashed)..

So the insurance companies did the only things they could.  In (mostly red) states with low incomes and thus poorer health, they simply pulled out of the marketplace altogether.  This has left some states with only one single insurer left.  In others, they jacked up their prices to make up their losses....

ecause of Mr. Rubio’s efforts, the administration says it will pay only 13 percent of what insurance companies were expecting to receive this year. The payments were supposed to help insurers cope with the risks they assumed when they decided to participate in the law’s new insurance marketplaces.”...

Donald Trump is right that Obamacare had been sabotaged, in a way that would virtually guarantee at least some level of crisis by 2017.  Where he’s sadly, paranoiacly wrong is in attributing that sabotage to President Obama.

Democrats should have been screaming bloody murder for the past 2 years......

http://www.salon.com/2017/03/22/how-republicans-quietly-sabotaged-obamacare-long-before-trump-came-into-office_partner/

• Like 3

Democrats should have been screaming bloody murder for the past 2 years......

they shouldn't have run Hillary either. :lol:

Millions will lose their healthcare now thanks to Obama and the Democrats. They voted no to fix it so will be blamed for its collapse.

Only by a blind Trump partisan like you.

The fact that there are 46 more Republicans in the House of Reps than Democrats, that doesn't even slightly suggest to you that it's a GOP failure?

• Like 1

The reality is that millions of Americans have Healthcare today who didn't have it before,thanks to Obamacare, which was sponsored by President Obama and the Democratic Party.

Don't you watch television?

The real jobs numbers: 41% of America unemployed, 1 in 3 doesn't want work at all
Even if the US Labor Department has determined that the unemployment level has finally plateaued after months of staggering jobs statistics, the truth behind the numbers isn’t all that nice. Only four out of every 10 adults in the US is employed.

While the percentage of Americans filing jobless benefit claims isn’t what it was during an unemployment epidemic that ravaged the country throughout the majority of US President Barack Obama’s administration, the Labor Department’s numbers are largely inflated on account of how they determine what actually constitutes looking for work.

The real figures, however, reveal a much scarier statistic.

Someday they will report the real numbers, everybody knows the the government is not giving us the truth about unemployment. It is much worse than they say.

And the UE "epidemic" that "ravaged" the country was largely

the result of Bush II's Great Recession. This thing must be

old, and it probably still uses the bogus stat of 95 million in

the labor force out of work, counting high school kids and retirees. 

The BLS is using the same methods to count the numbers as

they have for a long time. It's not perfect, but it works fairly well.

I remember when MM would post things to the Stupid Science

thread without a link. Then if you found the same story it often

contradicted parts of his "explanation." Wingnut on steroids.

• Like 2

The real jobs numbers: 41% of America unemployed, 1 in 3 doesn't want work at all

MovieMadness--Link please, or please name the website.  Thank you.

film lover: I've learned to Google MM's quoted stories. It's fun to find the source. This time it appears to be RT, as in Russian state news. 

https://www.rt.com/usa/jobs-us-employment-welfare-749/

MM uses quotes from Russian state news? I've asked him in the past to supply links to his sources but he refuses to do so. If this is a typical illustration of them, at least now we know why.

No wonder he doesn't act concerned that the Russians may have helped Trump get elected.

Nothing like a good American patriot.

• Like 1

MM uses quotes from Russian state news? I've asked him in the past to supply links to his sources but he refuses to do so. If this is an typical illustration of them, at least now we know why.

No wonder he doesn't act concerned that the Russians may have helped Trump get elected.

LMREO!!!!

Some of the Trump supporters on these boards are really something.

One loves to ramble endlessly about Judeo Christian values being undermined by (godless?) liberalism, another, who once proclaimed here how proud he is to be white, posts endless fake news headlines and Trump photo ops and now we find out that a third uses Russian state news as a source for his information.

These people all live in alternate realities. And not a single one of them, to the best of my knowledge, has expressed concerns about Russian meddling in the election or the possibility of Trump camp collusion with them.

They really don't care if it is true. They are only absorbed in their partisan political beliefs.

• Like 2

film lover: I've learned to Google MM's quoted stories. It's fun to find the source. This time it appears to be RT, as in Russian state news. 

MM uses quotes from Russian state news? I've asked him in the past to supply links to his sources but he refuses to do so. If this is a typical illustration of them, at least now we know why.

RT does provide much fairer and incisive reporting than what is gotten from fake news sites like CNN, FOX, MSNBC, and the Pedophile Post.

Just saying.

I watched RT for a number of years - - I find it amusing and entertaining with extremely twisted and biased reporting against the United States. Being an American citizen, I can't help but notice that.

In fact, so much of their coverage is so obvious that I find it downright stupid and amusing in its extreme, over the top slant. If you want to convince people to be against the United States, you shouldn't make it so obvious.

So,I watched it because it was so funny and ridiculous. And Crosstalk was the funniest show of all. The host is obviously on Putin's payroll and he seems to be crocked most of the time on air. But it's a good hoot.

Yeah, but you're a Clintonian dupe, Princess.

Source of the opinion and all that, ay.

Yeah, but you're a Clintonian dupe, Princess.

While you, of course, dark, are the very soul of objectivity.