Bogie56

Trump - the Week That Was

181 posts in this topic

He started the week by insulting the invited guests that came to his inauguration by saying that they were what was wrong with America.

He lied and bragged about his inaugural crowds when standing in front of the wall honouring the dead at CIA HQ.

He called the press dishonest for lying about his inaugural crowd size.  

Despite no evidence he has called for a voter fraud enquiry with the view that he would have won the popular vote if not for the votes of illegal immigrants who all voted for Clinton.  He has called for no investigation f the hacking that went on during the election though that happened without question.

He stood beside the British Prime Minister in the White House and said that he is all for torture though it is illegal.

He insulted the Mexican President and all of his people by saying they would pay for His wall on the eve of the president's visit.  The visit was then cancelled.

He signs an executive order which is effectively a muslim ban.  

That's just for starters.  He may be outpacing Hitler.

... and the protests are also getting bigger and bigger. The crowds are now matching those during the Vietnam era. If this keeps up, he will be out of office within a month.

... and the protests are also getting bigger and bigger. The crowds are now matching those during the Vietnam era. If this keeps up, he will be out of office within a month.

Most of them aren't that nutty.

I was partly joking earlier. Bottom line: many are trying to halt all of the damage he is doing. Whether he stays in office or not is irrelevant.

Most of them aren't that nutty.

I was partly joking earlier. Bottom line: many are trying to halt all of the damage he is doing. Whether he stays in office or not is irrelevant.

I agree but you are not involved in the intelligence briefings or the security meetings that a President has. 

Apparently neither is this president. He has strong opinions about intelligence briefings and only will listen to what he wants to listen to.

You might as well give up trying to push me in his corner. I am d-o-n-e with this guy.

Apparently neither is this president. He has strong opinions about intelligence briefings and only will listen to what he wants to listen to.

You might as well give up trying to push me in his corner. I am d-o-n-e with this guy.

Your funny, This "guy" is your President and he's not d-o-n-e with you.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the comforting thought. I am sure he is not "done" with a great many of us.

• Like 2

It looks like the Clown in Chief may be starting to

live up to his title. I thought it might take longer. 

It looks like the Clown in Chief may be starting to

live up to his title. I thought it might take longer. 

Except clowns usually make people laugh. How can Trump make people laugh when he himself lacks a sense of humor.

Except clowns usually make people laugh. How can Trump make people laugh when he himself lacks a sense of humor.

I don't know how he does it, but he does. Not big old belly

laughs, but some pretty good LOLs. And it's only week one.

• Like 1

1,500,000 sign UK petition against Trump —House of Commons vote unanimously against Muslim ban

The massive protest against Trump’s Muslim ban, that exploded across the country Friday night and then continued throughout the weekend, made its way across the pond to thousands in UK who also took to the streets. The predominant UK protests are against Trump’s Muslim ban itself. There are also protests against how Prime Minister Theresa May handled her visit with Trump last week, with some suspecting she was aware of the upcoming ban while she “held his tiny hands.”

I have to say I don't usually agree with JOHN McCAIN on much of anything, but I gotta agree with the ban being "recruitment fodder" for ISIS.  Remember----

Any ISIS related attacks on U.S. soil( Ft. Lauderdale, and Orlando FLA,  and San Bernardino CA.)  were all done by U.S. born citizens who swore loyalty to ISIS, and NOT any Muslim immigrants.  And if THEY could be spurred by ISIS propaganda that rails against the U.S. treatment of Muslims BEFORE the ban, think of how many might be inspired to take action NOW!

Sepiatone

• Like 2

I have to say I don't usually agree with JOHN McCAIN on much of anything, but I gotta agree with the ban being "recruitment fodder" for ISIS.  Remember----

Any ISIS related attacks on U.S. soil( Ft. Lauderdale, and Orlando FLA,  and San Bernardino CA.)  were all done by U.S. born citizens who swore loyalty to ISIS, and NOT any Muslim immigrants.  And if THEY could be spurred by ISIS propaganda that rails against the U.S. treatment of Muslims BEFORE the ban, think of how many might be inspired to take action NOW!

Sepiatone

Exactly.  The larger worry here is that Trump knows that too and he knows what he is doing.  Think about it.  Think how happy he seemed to be every time there was a terrorist attack.  He and a few of his supporters took the time to pat themselves on the back about it all.

ISIS wants a holy war with the west.  Trump and his white supremacist buddies would welcome one too.  It is an easy way to take executive action and seize power.

• Like 1

Trump spent the week inspiring protests around the world mainly in reaction to his Muslim ban in 7 countries.  He is now arguably ISIS' single greatest recruiting tool.

He insulted the Australian PM, the Mexican president.  Just now called a federal judge a 'so-called judge' and equated his own word as being that of the country.

He got rid of the banking regularities that were put in place to protect the common people from another disastrous 2008 meltdown.  He got rid of regulations that made financial advisors pledge to work for their clients instead of for themselves.

The Republicans made it okay once again for the mentally ill to purchase guns.  Waahoo!

It is becoming clearer that Trump Enterprises plans on getting richer through pay for play schemes.

So my question is this: what on earth is it going to take to deprogram the Trumpford Wives and the rest of his supporters?  Not the billionaire class who must be rejoicing at being able to fleece the common joe without abandon once again, but the common worker who have put their faith in Trump for a better deal.  How on earth are these brain dead zombies going to be deprogrammed?  Because it is painfully obvious even now that he is a disaaaaaster as a president and is perpetrating a giant con.

• Like 3

Trump spent the week inspiring protests around the world mainly in reaction to his Muslim ban in 7 countries.  He is now arguably ISIS' single greatest recruiting tool.

He insulted the Australian PM, the Mexican president.  Just now called a federal judge a 'so-called judge' and equated his own word as being that of the country.

He got rid of the banking regularities that were put in place to protect the common people from another disastrous 2008 meltdown.  He got rid of regulations that made financial advisors pledge to work for their clients instead of for themselves.

The Republicans made it okay once again for the mentally ill to purchase guns.  Waahoo!

It is becoming clearer that Trump Enterprises plans on getting richer through pay for play schemes.

So my question is this: what on earth is it going to take to deprogram the Trumpford Wives and the rest of his supporters?  Not the billionaire class who must be rejoicing at being able to fleece the common joe without abandon once again, but the common worker who have put their faith in Trump for a better deal.  How on earth are these brain dead zombies going to be deprogrammed?  Because it is painfully obvious even now that he is a disaaaaaster as a president and is perpetrating a giant con.

I think that last post got lost in the wrong thread so I'm bumping this up.  

Trump spent the week inspiring protests around the world mainly in reaction to his Muslim ban in 7 countries. He is now arguably ISIS' single greatest recruiting tool.

He insulted the Australian PM, the Mexican president. Just now called a federal judge a 'so-called judge' and equated his own word as being that of the country.

He got rid of the banking regularities that were put in place to protect the common people from another disastrous 2008 meltdown. He got rid of regulations that made financial advisors pledge to work for their clients instead of for themselves.

The Republicans made it okay once again for the mentally ill to purchase guns. Waahoo!

So my question is this: what on earth is it going to take to deprogram the Trumpford Wives and the rest of his supporters? Not the billionaire class who must be rejoicing at being able to fleece the common joe without abandon once again, but the common worker who have put their faith in Trump for a better deal. How on earth are these brain dead zombies going to be deprogrammed? Because it is painfully obvious even now that he is a disaaaaaster as a president and is perpetrating a giant con.

A leopard does not change his spots.

• Like 1

Labeling folks brain dead zombies isn't likely to help deprogram them.      Also why does it matter, AT THIS TIME, how these zombies feel about Trump?     E.g. say 70% of these zombies wake up and accept what should be so painfully obvious:  how would that change anything?  I highly doubt Trump would 'grow up' or change his policy stances (instead he would just say the data is fake). 

Progressives would be wise to ignore the zombies and instead focus on those that did NOT vote in 2016.   These are the folks that IF they vote in 2018 and 2020 can make a real difference.    The next two elections should have record left-leaning turnout but 2014 should have had this type of turnout since it was painfully obvious the GOP was the favored party in most states since 2010.