Sign in to follow this  
skimpole

Post a romantic movie photo for Valentine's Day!

120 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2019 at 5:44 PM, skimpole said:

4.jpg

 

Mulholland Drive

site_28_rand_862901796_bedroom_627.gif?i

 

in-the-bedroom-year-2001-usa-marisa-tome

 

In the Bedroom

 

So skimpole! Have the hots for Laura Harring and Marisa Tomei TOO, do YA?!

(...you've got good taste, my friend...very VERY good taste!) ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Image result for they died with their boots on

Oh yeah! I remember this one!

Isn't this one from "They Died With Their Lips Puckered" ???

(...or somethin' like that anyway)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dargo said:

Oh yeah! I remember this one!

Isn't this one from "They Died With Their Lips Puckered" ???

(...or somethin' like that anyway)

Close,  but it was called: They Died from Green Onions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Close,  but it was called: They Died from Green Onions.

 

Hmmm...thought THAT was that biopic about Booker T. & the MG's they made around '83 or so?!

(...and concentrating on Booker T.'s life, and little less so about the MG's)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Hmmm...thought THAT was that biopic about Booker T. & the MG's they made around '83 or so?!

(...and concentrating on Booker T.'s life, and little less about the MG's)

Love the song Green Onions;  It is a useful one for jam sessions with rock \ blues players.  I assume you made a typo since the Booker T. release was in 1962.

As for Olivia and Errol;  there is a running joke in that scene about Green Onions;  Custer loves to eat them raw and Libby, trying to impress him, pretends she does too.   Hattie McDaniel ends the scene with one of her classic double-takes and one-liners.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Love the song Green Onions;  It is a useful one for jam sessions with rock \ blues players.  I assume you made a typo since the Booker T. release was in 1962.

As for Olivia and Errol;  there is a running joke in that scene about Green Onions;  Custer loves to eat them raw and Libby, trying to impress him, pretends she does too.   Hattie McDaniel ends the scene with one of her classic double-takes and one-liners.

 

AH! Haven't watched TDWTBO for quite some time and so didn't remember that part of it. Thanks.

Btw, I used the year of '83 in my previous little "bon mot" and not '62 because of my reasoning being any possible biopic about that musical group would have had to been done years after this recording of theirs had hit the charts, and thus perhaps then being "worthy" of having a biopic done about them.

(...see, there IS "a method to my madness" after all here, huh!) ;)

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love reformed her and corrupted him.  Remember the Night (1940).

rememberthenight_1940_ss_26_1200_1024x754_062320110343541.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(apologies if this is a repeat, but this is one of my FAVORITE romantic comedies:)

CLUNY BROWN (1946)

Charles Boyer, Jennifer Jones, and an unlucky and uncredited Fox. i126599.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Annie Hall Image result for annie hall manhattan bridge

 

The Enchanted Cottage Related image

An Affair to Remember  Related image

Brief Encounter Related image

 

 

\

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

olivia-de-havilland-and-charles-boyer-at

Boyer and de Havilland 30-some years after starring together in 1941's Hold Back the Dawn

(...and still lookin' pretty good there, I'd say)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us