Barton_Keyes

Noir Alley

759 posts in this topic

Yeah, a lot of dissatisfied customers exiting the movie. Dors was always properly dressed and very demure looking as I remember. It wasnt a sex bomb part, though she did  have that sexy vibe even back then.......

On 2/9/2017 at 11:04 AM, LornaHansonForbes said:

used to they always showed a noir on Saturday mornings on TCM...and usually a really good one. they stopped around the time they brought on the serials...

Glad they're giving Eddie something to do, but i have to wonder by now if someone is working to keep him out of prime time....

He is on all the time in primo time on the wine ads.

Was hoping for some information on Faith Domergue. But with Mitchum's son there, all they talked about was Mitchum!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hibi said:

Was hoping for some information on Faith Domergue. But with Mitchum's son there, all they talked about was Mitchum!!!

Pity; FD had a fascinating life, as Exeter can attest.

On 1/17/2018 at 3:12 PM, Hibi said:

I had a similar reaction to the presentation for The Postman Always Rings Twice, in which John Garfield's daughter Julie was the guest and the discussion was primarily about John's acting methods.  I think TCM/Eddie are to be commended for having guests on the Noir Alley intros, but I also enjoy Eddie's discussion of the background of the making of the film and the other actors, so it's too bad there isn't enough time to do both.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cmovieviewer said:

I had a similar reaction to the presentation for The Postman Always Rings Twice, in which John Garfield's daughter Julie was the guest and the discussion was primarily about John's acting methods.  I think TCM/Eddie are to be commended for having guests on the Noir Alley intros, but I also enjoy Eddie's discussion of the background of the making of the film and the other actors, so it's too bad there isn't enough time to do both.

I agree.  I watch the intros mostly to find out about the movie itself and something interesting about the actors as it pertains to the movie.  Or something special about the movie.   There is already a ton of information about actors such as Mitchum and Garfield.  Also having their relatives discuss them is too biased for me.  Not looking for dirt, but objectivity.

Yes, I'd prefer not to have guests (esp. as they've been on before on other shows!)