Sign in to follow this  
Bogie56

Lock Them Up!

303 posts in this topic

Are Jared Kushner and Boss Trump guilty of attempted blackmail of Morning Joe?

One thing is for certain - the Donald lied multiple times in his two tweets about what happened.

Very presidential.  And it all erupted because they had the nerve to mention on their show the fake Times Magazine covers that Trump has hanging at his clubs.  Geesh.

• Like 4

I'm not sure which thread I should have put this in, but I was already in this one when it came back to me, so I'll put it here.

In today's Detroit Free Press, a letter in the "Op-Ed" page suggested that since Trump proposed his travel ban to help keep terrorists from entering the country,and other criminal elements coming from South of the border is why he wants his wall, AND since the "terrorist" who attacked security guards at the Bishop International airport in Flint, MI entered the country through CANADA, that perhaps they should construct a "moveable" wall that can share time both on the Mexican border AND the Canadian. 

Or at least look at alternatives that actually WORK,  and consider solutions that are based on FACTS instead of  racial and religious profiling.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

I'm not sure which thread I should have put this in, but I was already in this one when it came back to me, so I'll put it here.

In today's Detroit Free Press, a letter in the "Op-Ed" page suggested that since Trump proposed his travel ban to help keep terrorists from entering the country,and other criminal elements coming from South of the border is why he wants his wall, AND since the "terrorist" who attacked security guards at the Bishop International airport in Flint, MI entered the country through CANADA, that perhaps they should construct a "moveable" wall that can share time both on the Mexican border AND the Canadian. 

Or at least look at alternatives that actually WORK,  and consider solutions that are based on FACTS instead of  racial and religious profiling.

Sepiatone

I'm all for Trump building a wall on the Canadian border.  So long as he can get Denmark to pay for it.

• Like 3

Apparently it is illegal for a campaign to receive money from a foreign government or entity.  It is also illegal for receive information for a foreign government or entity that would have required financing to obtain.  I would think hacking of information comes at some cost to the agency authorizing it.  Not to mention the cost of what the persons wanted in exchange for this information.  Trump Jr. could be guilty just because he took the meeting.  Think of meeting with someone who is advertising stolen television sets for sale.  And why have they all covered up this meeting which took place right before wikileaks came out with the Clinton haul?

• Like 3

Apparently it is illegal for a campaign to receive money from a foreign government or entity.  It is also illegal for receive information for a foreign government or entity that would have required financing to obtain.  I would think hacking of information comes at some cost to the agency authorizing it.  Not to mention the cost of what the persons wanted in exchange for this information.  Trump Jr. could be guilty just because he took the meeting.  Think of meeting with someone who is advertising stolen television sets for sale.  And why have they all covered up this meeting which took place right before wikileaks came out with the Clinton haul?

CNN's legal analyst said otherwise.   You're stolen TV sets is bogus since, so far, there is no evidence the Russian lawyer told the punk that she had illegally obtained info on Clinton,  just that she had info that could be damaging to Clinton.     So, base on what we know so far,   it would be more like meeting someone that said they have TVs for sale.    It isn't a crime to meet such a person.  It becomes a crime if one doesn't take reasonable steps to ensure the goods were obtained legally.

The GRAY areas here is did the punk know of this lawyers reputation?    That would be like taking a meeting with a known fence and that might be a crime.    But the punk will play dumb in this regard,  and playing dumb works well for Trump and his kin.

CNN's legal analyst said otherwise.   You're stolen TV sets is bogus since, so far, there is no evidence the Russian lawyer told the punk that she had illegally obtained info on Clinton,  just that she had info that could be damaging to Clinton.     So, base on what we know so far,   it would be more like meeting someone that said they have TVs for sale.    It isn't a crime to meet such a person.  It becomes a crime if one doesn't take reasonable steps to ensure the goods were obtained legally.

The GRAY areas here is did the punk know of this lawyers reputation?    That would be like taking a meeting with a known fence and that might be a crime.    But the punk will play dumb in this regard,  and playing dumb works well for Trump and his kin.

The legal analysis came from a lawyer on CNN this morning who cited campaign law.  The Big difference is that the person was Russian, not American.   I took the tv set analogy that you criticized directly from a CNN report on the same story.  

Gained by legal means?  Hmmm ...  A Russian lawyer has damaging information on Clinton that is not known publicly. 

• Like 2

Now we've gone from 'we are totally innocent' to the president waging a campaign against the investigators and looking into pardons for everyone involved.

Can you imagine the furor if a president Hillary Clinton was involved in shenanigans like this?

Trump's guilt across the board has scarcely been uncovered.

• Like 1

45]oRkuWLIT_bigger.jpgMatt McDermottVerified account @mattmfm

More

Why...

...hide tax returns?

...fire FBI director?

...lie about Russia for a year?

...threaten special prosecutor?

...consider pardons?

45]B44FKZvz_bigger.jpgRob ReinerVerified account @robreiner

More

DT trying to kill Mueller probe. Wants to pardon his family & even himself. How sickening is this crime family? Don't let DT kill Democracy

• Like 1

Now we've gone from 'we are totally innocent' to the president waging a campaign against the investigators and looking into pardons for everyone involved.

Can you imagine the furor if a president Hillary Clinton was involved in shenanigans like this?

What I don't get is Trump and surrogates riling up the base, and making the argument that electing Hillary would be electing someone mired in controversy, scandal and investigations from Day One. To which they chanted on cue, "Lock her up!"

Well, here they got not just a president, but many administration members, mired in controversy, scandal and investigations from Day One. And not a peep from the base except "Fake News!"

Soon the nonbelievers should start the "Lock 'em all up!"

• Like 1

Lock em up, the whole crooked lot of em!

Havent I heard that somewhere before? :D

• Like 1

And he wants to keep it uncovered. LOL.

What I don't get is Trump and surrogates riling up the base, and making the argument that electing Hillary would be electing someone mired in controversy, scandal and investigations from Day One. To which they chanted on cue, "Lock her up!"

Well, here they got not just a president, but many administration members, mired in controversy, scandal and investigations from Day One. And not a peep from the base except "Fake News!"

Yes, the IRONY is not lost (at least on me!) :D  LOCK HIM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Someone so corrupt should not hold that office.  I think the country needs major major ongoing protests like they had in South Korea and the Ukraine.  Maybe then the corrupt GOP will wake up and do the right thing.

• Like 3

Disgraced Democrat Anthony Weiner Sentenced to Nearly Two Years in Prison for Sexting Scandal.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/anthony-weiner-sentenced-nearly-two-years-prison-sexting-scandal-n803906

694940094001_5588292560001_5588262399001

And I STILL say, and do NOT care who this might offend, that with a mug like THAT, it's NO WONDER the idiot was sending out pictures of his private parts over the internet instead of ones of his face while trying to hook up with women other than his wife!

(...yep, he was just following the ol' "always accentuate your best features to others" rule-of-thumb in this case, THAT'S all)

LOL 

• Like 1