Sign in to follow this  
Bogie56

Lock Them Up!

303 posts in this topic

the time to have prevented this magnificent trump era of power was last year by not running hillary...

now it is much too late.

that flag that fell on to the stage is still falling...on the democrats!

:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I guess this meant nothing to the Trump supporters.

Does anything?

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

Does anything?

If so, shouldn't he be forgiven? 

 

(thought this argument will work for anyone)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hamradio said:

If so, shouldn't he be forgiven? 

 

(thought this argument will work for anyone)

If he resigns and quits with the constant never-ending corruption I would certainly consider it, yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, hamradio said:

If so, shouldn't he be forgiven? 

 

(thought this argument will work for anyone)

No.

And, it doesn't.

By the way, where did I suggest people be forgiven?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

No.

And, it doesn't.

By the way, where did I suggest people be forgiven?

Should people that have served their time be forgiven?   E.g.  hired for a job?  

I say yes.    I do wonder if there are more people saying 'no' today than,  say,  30 years ago.

E.g.  Michael Vick - many people said that no NFL should have hired him after he did his time for abuse of dogs and how that he is a host on a sports talk show,  people are saying the network should have never hired him?    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Should people that have served their time be forgiven?   E.g.  hired for a job?  

I say yes.    I do wonder if there are more people saying 'no' today than,  say,  30 years ago.

E.g.  Michael Vick - many people said that no NFL should have hired him after he did his time for abuse of dogs and how that he is a host on a sports talk show,  people are saying the network should have never hired him?  

For the most part, yes, those who have served their time should be returned to society and given the benefit of the doubt. But there are some crimes that many people just can't over look, regardless of how far back they go. Child abuse and sex crimes are high on that list. I'm speaking on a personal level and not on a legal one. Every person who has served their time has the legal right to return to society, but the individuals they encounter will each have their own prejudices and judgments against the former convict, which they have every right to. Another social consequence of committing crimes is the moral judgment of those who you interact with. 

I personally find animal cruelty (which I consider dog fighting to be) to be just as heinous as child molesting and rape. I would never personally give any employment to Michael Vick, and I would lose no sleep if he was never hired anywhere again. But that's a personal feeling, and not a legal one. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be, or asking for laws to be passed restricting him from finding employment, but I personally would never hire him. I don't watch football at all anyway, so it's no concern of mine, but if I did, I would not watch any show that hired Michael Vick. But I'm not asking other people to think or feel that way.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2017 at 12:53 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Obama did grant Chelsea Manning clemency:  "Then known as Bradley Manning, she leaked nearly 750,000 military files and cables to WikiLeaks aged 22. The materials included battlefield video."

I only point this out because what Obama did could be interpreted as saying working with Wikileaks to ensure information that benefits the nation is leaked isn't 'wrong'. 

Of course Trump said this about Manning: "President Donald Trump, days before being inaugurated, wrote on Twitter that Manning is "TRAITOR ... who should never have been released from prison."

So it would be hypocritical for Trump to grant clemency to his son.   Instead he should order him shot as a traitor. 

Chris Matthews said on Hardball that Mussolini executed his own son-in-law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

On 11/22/2017 at 11:53 AM, hamradio said:

If so, shouldn't he be forgiven? 

 

(thought this argument will work for anyone)

 I can forgive anyone. But the law of our land state that if you have committed a crime then you should pay restitution for it.

 I don't care who it is - - if they deserve to be incarcerated for a crime then they should be incarcerated for a crime.

If they deserve to  to pay a fine for a crime, then they should pay a fine for a crime.

No one is above the law and one should pay the price for whatever heinous crimes he/she have committed.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Who is going to lead the chant for Flynn?

I'm going to because I hope that he provides evidence to get Trump and his family locked up.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James Comey, Matt Lauer, Michael Flynn

three men that have not treated Hillary Clinton fairly are not doing too well....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2017 at 1:02 PM, LawrenceA said:

For the most part, yes, those who have served their time should be returned to society and given the benefit of the doubt. But there are some crimes that many people just can't over look, regardless of how far back they go. Child abuse and sex crimes are high on that list. I'm speaking on a personal level and not on a legal one. Every person who has served their time has the legal right to return to society, but the individuals they encounter will each have their own prejudices and judgments against the former convict, which they have every right to. Another social consequence of committing crimes is the moral judgment of those who you interact with. 

I personally find animal cruelty (which I consider dog fighting to be) to be just as heinous as child molesting and rape. I would never personally give any employment to Michael Vick, and I would lose no sleep if he was never hired anywhere again. But that's a personal feeling, and not a legal one. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be, or asking for laws to be passed restricting him from finding employment, but I personally would never hire him. I don't watch football at all anyway, so it's no concern of mine, but if I did, I would not watch any show that hired Michael Vick. But I'm not asking other people to think or feel that way.

Very well said. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stephan55 said:

Very well said. Thank you!

It appears the Larry and you agree on why NFL owners don't hire Colin Kaepernick.   

NOTE: it doesn't matter WHAT was done (i.e. I'm NOT comparing the actions of Vick with Kaepernick).   What I'm doing is saying that IF enough people believe 'I would not watch any show that hired' XYZ,  that an employer of a public facing employee can't risk hiring said person.

PS:  I support the owners decision NOT to hire Kaepernick.  This is now an issue with the N.Y. Giants who are benching Eli Manning and playing Geno Smith instead.   Many months ago the Giants said they got so many letters from fans saying they would never support the Giants again if they hire Kaepernick that it was clear they couldn't hire Kaepernick and protect their brand.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle GriffinVerified account @kylegriffin1 7h7 hours ago

 
 

Rex Tillerson is increasingly alarmed by what he sees as secret talks between Jared Kushner and Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman — fearful that the discussions could backfire and tip the region into chaos, Bloomberg reports.

 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-01/kushner-is-said-to-leave-tillerson-in-dark-on-middle-east-talks

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us