princessjulia

What Joan Crawford movie is this?

17 posts in this topic

I was thinking ​Our Dancing Daughters or Our Modern Maidens...​but I couldn't find a still of her in this outfit for either.,,

• Like 1

before i go absolutely bonkers trying to find out...what movie is it at the 1:17 mark where joan crawford says "hey hey"

If the question is about this photo you supplied the film is MILDRED PIERCE and that is Ann Blyth blowing out the birthday candles. Joan Crawford stars in the film, however that is the character Veda ( Ann Bylth in that photo) who plays Joan's daughter in the film

If the question is about this photo you supplied the film is MILDRED PIERCE and that is Ann Blyth blowing out the birthday candles. Joan Crawford stars in the film, however that is the character Veda ( Ann Bylth in that photo) who plays Joan's daughter in the film

It wasn't;   the users stated:  what movie is it at the 1:17 mark where joan crawford says "hey hey".

I believe Our Dancing Daughters is the film.

• Like 1

yes thats true! but i was wondering about the movie clip shown in the video at the 1:17 mark :)

"Dancing Lady" (1933)?

It wasn't;   the users stated:  what movie is it at the 1:17 mark where joan crawford says "hey hey".

I believe Our Dancing Daughters is the film.

I was thinking ​Our Dancing Daughters or Our Modern Maidens...​but I couldn't find a still of her in this outfit for either.,,

thanks for the tips!! ill probably have to watch these films whole to figure out if thats where the clip is from :)

yes thats true! but i was wondering about the movie clip shown in the video at the 1:17 mark :)

thanks for the tips!! ill probably have to watch these films whole to figure out if thats where the clip is from :)

All 3 are fine early Crawford films with Dancing Lady being a very interesting one with Clark Gable showing the Gable film persona that would later make him the 'king',   the 3 Stooges in a straight role (well for Larry at least because he a piano player in the film, while Moe and Curry are working stiffs),    and Fred Astaire in a bit part (dancing,  what else).

But I still say Our Dancing Daughters is the likely film based on the way Joan was dressed in the scene.

• Like 1

All 3 are fine early Crawford films with Dancing Lady being a very interesting one with Clark Gable showing the Gable film persona that would later make him the 'king',   the 3 Stooges in a straight role (well for Larry at least because he a piano player in the film, while Moe and Curry are working stiffs),    and Fred Astaire in a bit part (dancing,  what else).

But I still say Our Dancing Daughters is the likely film based on the way Joan was dressed in the scene.

I agree it looks like it could be late 1920's but wasnt ODD a silent film? That's whats so confusing about the clip :o

• Like 2

I agree it looks like it could be late 1920's but wasnt ODD a silent film? That's whats so confusing about the clip :o

You're right.  The scene in the clip is from a sound film; both Our Dancing Daughters and Our Modern Maidens have only sound effects but no dialogue, which would eliminate those two possibilities.  It's probably something from the early thirties.

• Like 2

You're right.  The scene in the clip is from a sound film; both Our Dancing Daughters and Our Modern Maidens have only sound effects but no dialogue, which would eliminate those two possibilities.  It's probably something from the early thirties.

Dang,  and I almost pulled off a fast one here!  :D

• Like 2

Thank goodness that mystery is solved!  Great work, Azure.

I actually watched 3 Joan movies today, none of which was Montana Moon, because I really was curious.  Never would have guessed that was it.

• Like 2

I actually watched 3 Joan movies today, none of which was Montana Moon, because I really was curious.  Never would have guessed that was it.

Yes,  great work Azure.    I never would have guessed that women wore that style of pants in Montana.   (or was that on the moon???).    :D

• Like 1

That clip is from Montana Moon (1930).  Here's a photo from the film:

Nc1dWp0.jpg

yay!!! that clip of joan (from the promo) is just like how i walk into the club on a saturday night - "HEY HEY"  :P haha

thankyousomuch  :wub:

side note: oh dear Lorde what are those pants  :blink:

they look like the first pair of skinny jeans gone wrong  :lol:

Yes,  great work Azure.    I never would have guessed that women wore that style of pants in Montana.   (or was that on the moon???).    :D

yessss now I can finally rest haha  :lol:

• Like 2

You're welcome, princessjulia.  I'm glad that I could help. 

:)

And yes, those pants look awful!! 

BelleLeGrand1 and jamesjazzguitar - Thanks for your nice words.  James, those pants do look like they belong on the moon, don't they?  LOL

slaytonf - Thanks for the info about the pants.  I've seen women wear them in several films, but I never knew that they were called "jodhpurs". 

• Like 2