Sign in to follow this  
AlamoScout210

The Quiet Gun (1957)

3 posts in this topic

Sheriff Carl Brandon must uphold the law and prevent a lynching when his best friend is accused of murder and immorality by the townsfolk.

Forrest Tucker stars in this movie I just happened to catch for the first time a few months ago and I took to it like a flea to a dog. Forrest has had many good roles in many great westerns, but here he really stands out as the feature headliner as a sheriff whose easy going manner belies his handiness with a gun. Forrest is surrounded by a well recognizable supporting cast - Mara Corday, Jim Davis, Lee Van Cleef & Hank Worden.

In a lot of ways The Quiet Gun reminds of High Noon.  Maybe not in the same class but it's just as entertaining with a terrific ending. 

This movie is highly recommendable especially for Forrest Tucker fans. 8/10
  • Like 1

In a lot of ways The Quiet Gun reminds of High Noon.  Maybe not in the same class but it's just as entertaining with a terrific ending. 

A lot of westerns were inspired by HIGH NOON. Another good one is SILVER LODE with John Payne.

• Like 1

AlamoScout, I thank you for reminding us of this movie.  I've heard of it, but I don't think I've ever seen it.  And that surprises me, since I absolutely love Westerns.  And Mara Corday has made some wonderful Westerns herself.  I'm a real fan of hers, so I'll be sure to look out for this movie.

• Like 1