Sign in to follow this  
LornaHansonForbes

TOXIC OSCAR SHOCK FLOP! MOONLIT BEATS TRALALA LAND!

316 posts in this topic

THE 95TH ANNUAL ACADEMIE AWRDS D'OSCAR ENDED IN A SHOCK LAST NITE WHEN BEST PICTURE COPRESENTERS, (AND HOLLYWOOOD ROYALTY) WORN BEAUTY AND FADE DONEAWAY PRESENTED THE L'ACADEMIE AWARD TO THE WRONG MOVIE! GIVING THE COVETED BEST PALM D'PICTURE AWARD TO THE HIT MUSICAL TRALALALAND WHEN THE INDIESLEEPER NON-MOREAMAX FILM MOONLIT ACTUALLY WON!

HOST JIMMMY FALLEN STEPS IN TO DEFLECT, BUT DAMAGE DONE.

LE PUBLICITAY!

LE TRAVESTAY!

YOU COULD SEE THE SURPRISE REGISTER ON THE FACES EVEN BENEATH ALL THE BOTOX!!!!

SHOCKWAVES REVERBERATE!

DEVELPOPING STORY!

First Three-Six Mafia wins an Oscar, now this....

DOZENS ASK: "MOTHER OF MERCY: IS THIS THE END OF L'ACADEME!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????"

• Like 4

THE VIDEO OF THE MOMENT IN (MORE OR LESS) FULL is in the linked article. couldn't fine it anywhere else and wonder if the AMPAS will be trying to supress it:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-the-incredible-snafu-that-had-la-la-land-erroneously-announced-as-best-picture-instead-of-actual-winner-moonlinght/

wow. surprised by how quiet it is this morning. i'd'a thought there'd be a bunch of threads in re: this as of now.

(all joking aside, I'M thrilled Faye is back in the news and I'M PRAYING TO GOD she does PRESS just like she did when she got fired from SUNSET BLVD.)

It would appear Lorna, that you've been enjoying a bit much of your own SLENDOR WITH THE GRASS.   ;)

Don't lose track of your HAL ROACH clip!

Sepiatone

• Like 1

I choose to believe it was an act of providence for all the anti-trump jabs...

smarties! :lol:

they ain't so cute this morning I bet. :)

it woulda never happened back in the era of hope and carson but with today's egg-sucking self-ingratiating millennial-catering leftist schtootzes...it sure did. :D

I choose to believe it was an act of providence for all the anti-trump jabs...

smarties! :lol:

they ain't so cute this morning I bet. :)

Boy do you have only one thing on your mind! :lol:  Maybe you should resurrect that Hot Spell campaign.

• Like 2

Boy do you have only one thing on your mind! :lol:  Maybe you should resurrect that Hot Spell campaign.

I'm just saying that crowd doan exactly look smart today.

HOST JIMMMY FALLEN STEPS IN TO DEFLECT, BUT DAMAGE DONE.

LE PUBLICITAY!

LE TRAVESTAY!

YOU COULD SEE THE SURPRISE REGISTER ON THE FACES EVEN BENEATH ALL THE BOTOX!!!!

SHOCKWAVES REVERBERATE!

DEVELPOPING STORY!

First Three-Six Mafia wins an Oscar, now this....

DONALD TRUMP IS LAUGHING THIS MORNING :lol: 

• Like 1

It would appear Lorna, that you've been enjoying a bit much of your own SLENDOR WITH THE GRASS.   ;)

Don't lose track of your HAL ROACH clip!

Dang.

You just read me like a damn book.

• Like 1

Best Comedy Performance: Warren Beatty.

I was recording it and had it on picture in picture and I'd switch over to watch certain winners (will watch the whole show this wknd or at least the highlights) When I saw La La won, I thought ho-hum and switched back to what I was watching. Then I saw another group go onstage and I thought there must be a tie! Steve Harvey can rest easy now. Just hilarious. I havent seen either film, but of the two I'm glad Moonlight won. Hopefully it'll be held over now and I can see it  (have been wanting to for weeks)....

• Like 2

Price Waterhouse Cooper - I'm sorry. "La La Land" won the popular vote but "Moonlight" won the electoral college. Happens all the time.

Maybe this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread?

• Like 7

Price Waterhouse Cooper - I'm sorry. "La La Land" won the popular vote but "Moonlight" won the electoral college. Happens all the time.

Maybe this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread?

LOL!!!

• Like 1

how many liberal hollywood celebs does it take to screw up a best picture presentation? :lol:

Far more than it takes conservative congressmen to screw up an economy!  :D

Sepiatone

• Like 3

Far more than it takes conservative congressmen to screw up an economy!  :D

Sepiatone

they love to take shots at who won't bow and scrape to their way of thinking but lets just all ignore a beg colossal mistake when THEY make it?

uh-uh. jake is right. they all look like dunces. :lol:

Best Comedy Performance: Warren Beatty.

I was recording it and had it on picture in picture and I'd switch over to watch certain winners (will watch the whole show this wknd or at least the highlights) When I saw La La won, I thought ho-hum and switched back to what I was watching. Then I saw another group go onstage and I thought there must be a tie! Steve Harvey can rest easy now. Just hilarious. I havent seen either film, but of the two I'm glad Moonlight won. Hopefully it'll be held over now and I can see it  (have been wanting to for weeks)....

Yea,  I changed channels as soon as the so called winner was announced and didn't find out about the goof until later while watching the news.

Anyhow, It is my understanding that Beatty was given Emma Stone's Best Actress card which said her name as well as  LA LA Land.   This is why he was confused and while he saw the name of a film which was nominated,  he also saw Stone's name on the card.

It was Faye that believed he was confused just because he was old and pushed him to just say LA LA Land instead of asking 'hey, what is up with this card?'.

Nothing like passing the buck (Beatty). Apparently neither one wanted to use their reading glasses.....

• Like 2

Nothing like passing the buck (Beatty). Apparently neither one wanted to use their reading glasses.....

I guess we watched a different program.   Beatty didn't pass the buck instead Faye butted in and took control (which is understandable since she didn't anticipate such a goof and Beatty looked feeble and confused (also understandable for the same reasons) when she should have read the card more closely herself. 

i cannot remember what website it was or whether it was someone in the comments section of an article, but someone made a rather astute point about why possibly neither Beatty nor Dunaway seemed willing to question the situation.

i don't think i'll word it as well as the writer did, but they mentioned that The Film Industry is one set up in such a way that people are often afraid to stop and question things, they just do what they're told and try to hit their mark and keep "the show running." it spills over into other situations where the people involved are scared to ever speak up or question or even say "hey, wait a sec..." because then they're seen as "being a problem" or "holding up the works."

anyhow, it was an interesting take on the matter.

• Like 2