Sign in to follow this  
LornaHansonForbes

TOXIC OSCAR SHOCK FLOP! MOONLIT BEATS TRALALA LAND!

316 posts in this topic

And she SUCKS so bad. I remember even as an 8 year old raising a brow at her "acting."

Of course, I primarily knew her as BILLIE JEAN.

FAIR IS FAIR!

• Like 1

And she SUCKS so bad. I remember even as an 8 year old raising a brow at her "acting."

Of course, I primarily knew her as BILLIE JEAN.

But she absolutely looked fine as Supergirl!

rexfeatures_610086a.jpg

FYI, Helen Slater occasionally makes appearances on the current "Supergirl" TV series as the foster mother of "The Maid of Steel" (played by Melissa Benoist).

supergirl.png

• Like 1

Well,

internet meme/gif/acronym culture is kinda fun in its simple, mindless, vacuousness- the same way Disco and cocaine were in the 70's and 80's...so i always allow and try to keep an ear to what "the kids on the street" are saying and I gots no probz widdit.

I'm embarrassed to admit how many times I've had to copy/paste an acronym to Google because I can't figure out the meaning! Memes are fun, though :)

Well,

internet meme/gif/acronym culture is kinda fun in its simple, mindless, vacuousness- the same way Disco and cocaine were in the 70's and 80's...so i always allow and try to keep an ear to what "the kids on the street" are saying and I gots no probz widdit.

ie

OMG U guize!!!

They messed up the Best Picture announcement @ #TheOscars

##ROFLolz

The other day I just learned what "TL/DR" meant.  My husband (who is 3 months younger than me) told me--I guess my husband is "hipper" than I am.  Kids these days.  Lol. I also kept seeing his sister (who is 11 years younger than me) throw around the phrase "on fleek" which I had to google.  Now that I know what it is, it's stupid, so I'm definitely not adopting it.

• Like 1

Perhaps I could blow the minds of some of America's hipster utes.  I'll make up some dopey acronym and they'll go bonkers trying to figure out what it means . . .

Instead of typing ROFL (Rolling On Floor Laughing, I think) how 'bout QZDJVXUMFS!  ? 

Quit Zayin' Dis Jive Vass Xzhit U Mo Fo's!

Now I feel super-intelligent and downright 'urban' for coming with the nonsense above.  :wacko:

The other day I just learned what "TL/DR" meant.  My husband (who is 3 months younger than me) told me--I guess my husband is "hipper" than I am.  Kids these days.  Lol. I also kept seeing his sister (who is 11 years younger than me) throw around the phrase "on fleek" which I had to google.  Now that I know what it is, it's stupid, so I'm definitely not adopting it.

urbandictionary.com is prominent on the Bookmarks Bar on my browser because I use it so very often. It is sad when I must look up the words in the definition of the word I wished to know.

Perhaps I could blow the minds of some of America's hipster utes.  I'll make up some dopey acronym and they'll go bonkers trying to figure out what it means . . .

Instead of typing ROFL (Rolling On Floor Laughing, I think) how 'bout QZDJVXUMFS!  ? 

Quit Zayin' Dis Jive Vass Xzhit U Mo Fo's!

Now I feel super-intelligent and downright 'urban' for coming with the nonsense above.  :wacko:

I was surprised to learn that not all people know the meaning of: TANSTAAFL. I believe that it is a hundred years old.

I was surprised to learn that not all people know the meaning of: TANSTAAFL. I believe that it is a hundred years old.

I had to look that one up, too. So, not only am I not hip, but I also don't know my urban history very well!

• Like 1

The "Cash me Ousside" girl has reportedly been approached by at least six production companies to pursue development of a scripted and/or reality series.   Unfortunately her five minutes of fame are being renewed.

• Like 1

The "Cash me Ousside" girl has reportedly been approached by at least six production companies to pursue development of a scripted and/or reality series.   Unfortunately her five minutes of fame are being renewed.

can't wait for the club remix.

FAIR IS FAIR!

"WE CAN'T AFFORD TO BE INNOCENT

STAND BACK AND FACE THE ENEMY.

IT'S A DO OR DIE SITUATION...

WE MUST BE

INVINCIBLE!"

• Like 2

OK, I can see TEXTING abbreviations and acronyms.  Understanding it saves time for many and back in the days when you paid for texting by the letter, but I draw a line at SAYING them.  For instance, I've heard people SAY( and a niece of mine is good for this)  "OMG"  , which takes JUST AS LONG to say as "Oh, my God."   

And pronunciation of simple words is something I'm finding issue with lately.  I've heard a lot of younger people add "uh" at the end of many words.  "No" especially.  I once asked a niece of mine who NOAH was, and why she brought him up.  Seems she was asked something and she answered, "NO-uh!"

Anybody else ever notice this fatuousness?

Sepiatone