Sign in to follow this  
LornaHansonForbes

TOXIC OSCAR SHOCK FLOP! MOONLIT BEATS TRALALA LAND!

316 posts in this topic

And she SUCKS so bad. I remember even as an 8 year old raising a brow at her "acting."

Of course, I primarily knew her as BILLIE JEAN.

FAIR IS FAIR!

• Like 1

And she SUCKS so bad. I remember even as an 8 year old raising a brow at her "acting."

Of course, I primarily knew her as BILLIE JEAN.

But she absolutely looked fine as Supergirl!

rexfeatures_610086a.jpg

FYI, Helen Slater occasionally makes appearances on the current "Supergirl" TV series as the foster mother of "The Maid of Steel" (played by Melissa Benoist).

supergirl.png

• Like 1

Well,

internet meme/gif/acronym culture is kinda fun in its simple, mindless, vacuousness- the same way Disco and cocaine were in the 70's and 80's...so i always allow and try to keep an ear to what "the kids on the street" are saying and I gots no probz widdit.

I'm embarrassed to admit how many times I've had to copy/paste an acronym to Google because I can't figure out the meaning! Memes are fun, though :)

Well,

internet meme/gif/acronym culture is kinda fun in its simple, mindless, vacuousness- the same way Disco and cocaine were in the 70's and 80's...so i always allow and try to keep an ear to what "the kids on the street" are saying and I gots no probz widdit.

ie

OMG U guize!!!

They messed up the Best Picture announcement @ #TheOscars

##ROFLolz

The other day I just learned what "TL/DR" meant.  My husband (who is 3 months younger than me) told me--I guess my husband is "hipper" than I am.  Kids these days.  Lol. I also kept seeing his sister (who is 11 years younger than me) throw around the phrase "on fleek" which I had to google.  Now that I know what it is, it's stupid, so I'm definitely not adopting it.

• Like 1

Perhaps I could blow the minds of some of America's hipster utes.  I'll make up some dopey acronym and they'll go bonkers trying to figure out what it means . . .

Instead of typing ROFL (Rolling On Floor Laughing, I think) how 'bout QZDJVXUMFS!  ? 

Quit Zayin' Dis Jive Vass Xzhit U Mo Fo's!

Now I feel super-intelligent and downright 'urban' for coming with the nonsense above.  :wacko:

The other day I just learned what "TL/DR" meant.  My husband (who is 3 months younger than me) told me--I guess my husband is "hipper" than I am.  Kids these days.  Lol. I also kept seeing his sister (who is 11 years younger than me) throw around the phrase "on fleek" which I had to google.  Now that I know what it is, it's stupid, so I'm definitely not adopting it.

urbandictionary.com is prominent on the Bookmarks Bar on my browser because I use it so very often. It is sad when I must look up the words in the definition of the word I wished to know.

Perhaps I could blow the minds of some of America's hipster utes.  I'll make up some dopey acronym and they'll go bonkers trying to figure out what it means . . .

Instead of typing ROFL (Rolling On Floor Laughing, I think) how 'bout QZDJVXUMFS!  ? 

Quit Zayin' Dis Jive Vass Xzhit U Mo Fo's!

Now I feel super-intelligent and downright 'urban' for coming with the nonsense above.  :wacko:

I was surprised to learn that not all people know the meaning of: TANSTAAFL. I believe that it is a hundred years old.

I was surprised to learn that not all people know the meaning of: TANSTAAFL. I believe that it is a hundred years old.

I had to look that one up, too. So, not only am I not hip, but I also don't know my urban history very well!

• Like 1

The "Cash me Ousside" girl has reportedly been approached by at least six production companies to pursue development of a scripted and/or reality series.   Unfortunately her five minutes of fame are being renewed.

• Like 1

The "Cash me Ousside" girl has reportedly been approached by at least six production companies to pursue development of a scripted and/or reality series.   Unfortunately her five minutes of fame are being renewed.

can't wait for the club remix.

OK, I can see TEXTING abbreviations and acronyms.  Understanding it saves time for many and back in the days when you paid for texting by the letter, but I draw a line at SAYING them.  For instance, I've heard people SAY( and a niece of mine is good for this)  "OMG"  , which takes JUST AS LONG to say as "Oh, my God."   

And pronunciation of simple words is something I'm finding issue with lately.  I've heard a lot of younger people add "uh" at the end of many words.  "No" especially.  I once asked a niece of mine who NOAH was, and why she brought him up.  Seems she was asked something and she answered, "NO-uh!"

Anybody else ever notice this fatuousness?

Sepiatone