Sign in to follow this  
LornaHansonForbes

TOXIC OSCAR SHOCK FLOP! MOONLIT BEATS TRALALA LAND!

316 posts in this topic

Nothing like passing the buck (Beatty). Apparently neither one wanted to use their reading glasses.....

My take on it was that Beatty (who has a brain) showed it to Dunaway (who clearly doesn't have one) to get her opinion on the bizarre Emma Stone/La La Land notation on the card.  But, instead of either of them saying: "Sorry, we need a moment here" and clarifying things, Dunaway decided The Show Must Go On and blurted out "La La Land."  Thank God Jordan Horowitz "played producer" in the moments that followed (because the show producers failed to step in) and announced the real winner.  He was quite a class act. I'm glad "Moonlight" won though personally I was really rooting for "Hidden Figures." I thought "La La Land" prevailed in the categories it should have  --  director, cinematography and production design.  It was surely a feast for the eye but not the Best Film.

• Like 3

My take on it was that Beatty (who has a brain) showed it to Dunaway (who clearly doesn't have one) to get her opinion on the bizarre Emma Stone/La La Land notation on the card.  But, instead of either of them saying: "Sorry, we need a moment here" and clarifying things, Dunaway decided The Show Must Go On and blurted out "La La Land."  Thank God Jordan Horowitz "played producer" in the moments that followed (because the show producers failed to step in) and announced the real winner.  He was quite a class act. I'm glad "Moonlight" won though personally I was really rooting for "Hidden Figures." I thought "La La Land" prevailed in the categories it should have  --  director, cinematography and production design.  It was surely a feast for the eye but not the Best Film.

Hey be kind,  Dunaway was just channeling Diana Christensen.     :lol:

• Like 2

Someone needs to smack Faye Dunaway with a wire hanger....

LOL!

i cannot remember what website it was or whether it was someone in the comments section of an article, but someone made a rather astute point about why possibly neither Beatty nor Dunaway seemed willing to question the situation.

i don't think i'll word it as well as the writer did, but they mentioned that The Film Industry is one set up in such a way that people are often afraid to stop and question things, they just do what they're told and try to hit their mark and keep "the show running." it spills over into other situations where the people involved are scared to ever speak up or question or even say "hey, wait a sec..." because then they're seen as "being a problem" or "holding up the works."

anyhow, it was an interesting take on the matter.

Possibly. But a hey, we need some clarification here moment, could've prevented the embarassment that followed. Cant imagine what it must have felt like to have the award taken from you. The La La people handled it classily...

• Like 1

Hard to know exactly what was going through their minds but it seemed like Beatty didnt know what to do and left Dunaway holding the bag. If both had worn their glasses maybe they would've noticed the Actress in a Leading Role part and asked for some clarification. Or maybe they were just too embarassed to hold up the proceedings further.......

You guys think i should slather on the cold creme, do up my brows, put on a white turban and hide under the covers and do

a "LEAVE FAYE ALONE!!!!"

video

(like the Britney Dude?)

"You're lucky she even presented an award

for you BASTARDS!!!!!!!"

LornaHansonForbes--re one of your earlier posts--the Academy won't be covering this up.  The video has gone Viral--at least eight clips of the moment are on YouTube, with 3 million views or more.

NipkowDisc--The World is laughing--I checked a video with the fewest views. It was from India, and was titled "Breaking News"; the newscaster laughed all through his report.

You guys think i should slather on the cold creme, do up my brows, put on a white turban and hide under the covers and do

a "LEAVE FAYE ALONE!!!!"

video

(like the Britney Dude?)

for you BASTARDS!!!!!!!"

Now you're channeling Diana Christensen.     :lol:

• Like 2

LornaHansonForbes--re one of your earlier posts--the Academy won't be covering this up. The video has gone Viral--.

It was hard to find full footage this am, but that has changed since. God bless the internet

• Like 1

the GIF at the end that pans across the crowd and then zooms in on her is some quality internetting.

LOL. Beats Joanne Woodward's double take when they announced Glenda Jackson for "A Touch of Class" by a mile........

• Like 1

LornaHansonForbes--re one of your earlier posts--the Academy won't be covering this up.  The video has gone Viral--at least eight clips of the moment are on YouTube, with 3 million views or more.

NipkowDisc--The World is laughing--I checked a video with the fewest views. It was from India, and was titled "Breaking News"; the newscaster laughed all through his report.

The Academy should declare it "fake news" and leave it at that..........

• Like 1

a "LEAVE FAYE ALONE!!!!"

video

(like the Britney Dude?)

for you BASTARDS!!!!!!!"

Faye-Dunaway-faye-dunaway-31383610-500-2

• Like 1

Does Brie speak out about Roman Polanski?

you'd have to ask her.

(i want to make a cheese joke, but i think it would be bad so i won't.)

(she might be a lovely person and she might be a fine actress, but I'M SORRY, Brie is a stupid name.)

(and I did like her dress this year WAY better than that off-the-rack JC Penney horror she wore last year.)

Does Brie speak out about Roman Polanski?

Was Roman Polanski up for an Oscar this year? 

That being said, this wave of anti-Affleck sentiment is dumb. Two women who worked on one movie with him years ago both sued him for money claiming sexual harassment. He settled out of court. There was never any criminal charges, and never any finding of guilt or admission of guilt. Even if he did commit the crime [which was never said to be anything as egregious as actual rape; from what I've read, it was inappropriate language, and laying down next to one of them and rubbing their back], he made amends for it, he's never been accused of these kinds of actions again, so the matter should be settled. But apparently his career should be over, according to some.  

• Like 3

LOL. Beats Joanne Woodward's double take when they announced Glenda Jackson for "A Touch of Class" by a mile........

we've discussed this moment many times before, but i never tire of it.

about 48 seconds in, Woodward, Burstyn and Mason are in a three way race to give off the most open contempt at the news.

personally, i think Ellen Burstyn iS the most "ain't havin it" of the three.

(Streisand was Backstage and YOU KNOW that was an EPIC FIT OF RAGE witnessed by only a brave few.)

• Like 1

I never heard about the allegations, but nothing was proven. And agree, nothing on the same level as Polanski. (which I have mixed feelings about to this day) She must've known the possibility of him winning was high as he's won several other awards before this.......if she doesnt want to applaud, her choice. (I take it she didnt vote for him)........

• Like 1

we've discussed this moment many times before, but i never tire of it.

about 48 seconds in, Woodward, Burstyn and Mason are in a three way race to give off the most open contempt at the news.

personally, i think Ellen Burstyn iS the most "ain't havin it" of the three.

(Streisand was Backstage and YOU KNOW that was an EPIC FIT OF RAGE witnessed by only a brave few.)

LOL. Thanks for sharing that moment once again. I'd forgotten Susan Hayward co-presented that. You KNOW Barbra was expecting to win...........

Yes, after comparing again, I agree Ellen beats out Joanne for the biggest wide open mouth. :D

• Like 1

NEWS!: Salma Hayak was first on the scene, witnessed events backstage.

Her harrowing firsthand account included.

(link includes a waist-up pic of Salma that I KNOW many of you men will thank me for steering you towards, Hell, even I stared for about a minute.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/salma-hayek-knew-la-la-land-lost-at-the-oscars-before-la-la-land-did_us_58b45874e4b0a8a9b784b709

• Like 2