Sign in to follow this  
LornaHansonForbes

TOXIC OSCAR SHOCK FLOP! MOONLIT BEATS TRALALA LAND!

316 posts in this topic

NEWS!: Salma Hayak was first on the scene, witnessed events backstage.

Her harrowing firsthand account included.

(link includes a waist-up pic of Salma that I KNOW many of you men will thank me for steering you towards, Hell, even I stared for about a minute.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/salma-hayek-knew-la-la-land-lost-at-the-oscars-before-la-la-land-did_us_58b45874e4b0a8a9b784b709

LMREO!!!

BTW: It's SO NICE to have a NON POLITICAL scandal/controversy blow up.

We, as a people, needed this.

I had forgotten what it was like....

Yup.  Top story of the day.  I am sick to death of politix.

• Like 1

BTW: It's SO NICE to have a NON POLITICAL scandal/controversy blow up.

We, as a people, needed this.

I had forgotten what it was like....

Yes, nice to not have DUMP dominating the headlines (for a day anyway)........

He's probably irked it knocked him from the top headlines today. Nice!

• Like 1

we've discussed this moment many times before, but i never tire of it.

about 48 seconds in, Woodward, Burstyn and Mason are in a three way race to give off the most open contempt at the news.

personally, i think Ellen Burstyn iS the most "ain't havin it" of the three.

(Streisand was Backstage and YOU KNOW that was an EPIC FIT OF RAGE witnessed by only a brave few.)

I'm trying to figure out what Ellen Burstyn says after she makes that face.

"oooookay....wow, what a surprise."

or

"oooookay....well, what a surprise"

(at least it seems to be that to me)

or

Are you sure it wasn't 'dang,  I wrote a speech for no reason'.    :lol:

(but yea, I watched it closely and I believe you're correct).

• Like 1

it's probably fun to go through the acting awards from Oscarcasts from the years before VCRs (and - of course- DVRs and cable news and the internet) got to be so prevalent, and they showed all the actor's faces when the announcements were made...

since they were under the impression they'd only be seen for a moment briefly and no one at home would be able to record or ever rewatch, i bet some serious "oh really" faces and side-eye occurred in the seventies and early eighties.

we've discussed this moment many times before, but i never tire of it.

about 48 seconds in, Woodward, Burstyn and Mason are in a three way race to give off the most open contempt at the news.

personally, i think Ellen Burstyn iS the most "ain't havin it" of the three.

(Streisand was Backstage and YOU KNOW that was an EPIC FIT OF RAGE witnessed by only a brave few.)

or

Are you able to make out that bit of audio that bleeds in after Susan Hayward says "Joanne Woodward SUMMER WISHES, WINTER DREAMS"?

It sounds like it's coming from a hot mic. 

Could it be Barbra Streisand?

Are you able to make out that bit of audio that bleeds in after Susan Hayward says "Joanne Woodward SUMMER WISHES, WINTER DREAMS"?

It sounds like it's coming from a hot mic. 

Could it be Barbra Streisand?

Why Barbara,  did it sound nasal?

• Like 1

After the flub, Oscars ratings flirt with record low ratings

The 89th Academy Awards sure ended with a bang, but the ratings were anything but.

Preliminary national ratings, adjusted for time zones across the country, revealed 32.9 million viewers tuned in Sunday night to the nearly four-hour ceremony on ABC, hosted for the first time by the network's late-night host Jimmy Kimmel. That's just a shade above the record-low turnout of 32 million logged in 2008, in the middle of a writers' strike that crippled Hollywood.

Last year's telecast claimed 34.4, when Chris Rock hosted and Spotlight won best picture, but the show more typically draws closer to 40 million, according to Nielsen.

************************************************************************************

Too many people are turned off by how political this has all become. You can't even watch awards about the movies anymore without politics being thrown in your face. I hope TCM is paying attention.

• Like 1

NEWS!: Salma Hayak was first on the scene, witnessed events backstage.

Her harrowing firsthand account included.

(link includes a waist-up pic of Salma that I KNOW many of you men will thank me for steering you towards, Hell, even I stared for about a minute.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/salma-hayek-knew-la-la-land-lost-at-the-oscars-before-la-la-land-did_us_58b45874e4b0a8a9b784b709

Thank you.

• Like 1

Thank you.

And of course your thanks are for Salma's insightful comments.     

(since she got married she doesn't have get as much exposure but she sure looked nice last night in that black gown).

• Like 1

This just might be the queen mother of the awkward moment until last night.....

I assume the awkward moment is when Duvall mentions nominee Shelley Winters.    Did Duval and her have a moment in a taxi on the way to the event and Duvall just couldn't contain himself?     :blink:

Why do you say that? I didn't  see anything awkward about that clip you just showed.

How Duvall laughs when he mentions Winters isn't awkward?    If I was Winters I would have felt like he was mocking the fact I was nominated.

• Like 1

How Duvall laughs when he mentions Winters isn't awkward?    If I was Winters I would have felt like he was mocking the fact I was nominated.

Oh, ok....I thought the poster was referring to the actual speech the woman who won gave  (must admit, I've never heard of her.)

As for Robert Duvall laughing as he reads Shelly Winters' name, I did think that was rude and lacking in class. I'm surprised a quality guy like Duvall did that.

• Like 1

Oh, ok....I thought the poster was referring to the actual speech the woman who won gave  (must admit, I've never heard of her.)

As for Robert Duvall laughing as he reads Shelly Winters' name, I did think that was rude and lacking in class. I'm surprised a quality guy like Duvall did that.

Yes, I was referring to the laugh. Duvall has since said that he was laughing because of a joke that his Godfather cast mate, James Caan, was performing wordlessly in he audience. Duvall laughed at the wrong time. Shelley was known as someone never to mess with, and his laugh was probably received one of two ways by her:

A: That he thought her performance was a joke, or

B: He laughed because he has to say her name immediately after hearing Cloris Leachman say the name of the previous nominee's film Fat City. Winters was known for being plump in her later years.

Either way, she was greatly offended, and when Duvall tried to apologize, she gave him the brush-off and ignored him.

• Like 3

According to the latest news reports, one of the two PW folks charged with handling the award envelopes (Brian Cullinan) was instead taking pix of Emma Stone and tweeting just prior to handing the wrong envelope to Warren Beatty.  Oops.  Also, the Academy does not generally permit the taking of backstage pix. Hey, guy.  You had one job to do and you screwed it up.  Heads will roll.

• Like 2