Sign in to follow this  
LornaHansonForbes

TOXIC OSCAR SHOCK FLOP! MOONLIT BEATS TRALALA LAND!

316 posts in this topic

of course William Hopper balances her nicely by underacting in his uniquely 1950's white guy way.

I cant remember if the playwright wrote the screenplay (was it Maxwell Anderson?) but Nancy gets stuck with a lot of bad dialogue/lines. it should've been rewritten. I think Mervyn Leroy directed (would think he would've toned it down, but he didnt).......and that awful tacked on meet the cast thing at the end that ruins everything!

something about the way he snatched that envelope...

(puts hand to chest)

LOL. Manly? :D

Alright, that's a pass from Hibi.

More for me then.

:)

Good luck! :D

Good luck! :D

poor guy, he's had a ROUGH WEEK and it's just started.

a romp with me is JUST what he needs to push it into real Dostoyevsky territory.

and i believe he is married and she looked very territorial (one can understand why)

he's very handsome.

• Like 1

While the overall role of the mother (in THE BAD SEED) is over the top I would have liked to see how a  sound, in-control actress handled the material.  

I would've liked to've seen Barbara Stanwyck in the part.

(The movie would've been a helluva lot shorter too. )

I would've liked to've seen Barbara Stanwyck in the part.

(The movie would've been a helluva lot shorter too. )

LOL!!!!!

poor guy, he's had a ROUGH WEEK and it's just started.

a romp with me is JUST what he needs to push it into real Dostoyevsky territory.

and i believe he is married and she looked very territorial (one can understand why)

he's very handsome.

LOL. Oh well, but you know what they say about Hollywood.......

A little bit of trivia I learned from Patty's chat is that Shelley Fabares and Cathy Garver (Family Affair) played extra kids at that picnic scene.

• Like 1

oh, to take it back to THE INFAMOUS INCIDENT IN QUESTION, do any of the rest of you "take a fancy" to the bald, bearded LALALALAND producer who snatched the envelope and informed the audience what happened?

and by "take a fancy" i mean "find him sexy"?

a pic for reference:

I think his name is Jordan Horowitz. And I agree, there's something attractive about him.

• Like 1

I love it that Ryan Gosling was smiling - it didn't seem to faze him a bit !

I agree, misswonderly.

Ryan Gosling took the whole thing in stride---no shocked looks like Emma Stone and John Legend.

His smiling reaction makes me love him all the more.

sub-buzz-16057-1488227525-4.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not proud of not having heard of her (Eileen Heckart.) There are without doubt many talented people who made their career in film who I'm not familiar with  (or should I say "with whom I am not familiar" ?) I wasn't saying I hadn't heard of her as some kind of put-down of her  (as in, "Hey, if I haven't heard of them, they can't be any good.")

Eileen Heckart also played Marilyn Monroe's co-worker at the Blue Dragon Café in BUS STOP.

AND . .  she appeared in the highly recommended 1970s horror movie BURNT OFFERINGS (directed by Dan Curtis and starring Karen Black and Bette Davis). Eileen Heckart plays the daughter of the mysterious Mrs. Allardyce.

• Like 3

oh, to take it back to THE INFAMOUS INCIDENT IN QUESTION, do any of the rest of you "take a fancy" to the bald, bearded LALALALAND producer who snatched the envelope and informed the audience what happened?

a pic for reference:

oscars_640x480_41488254618.jpg

Bald AND bearded as "sexy"?  There's hope for me yet!  :D

I've long had the beard, and the bald is a work in progress. ;)

Sepiatone

Eileen Heckart also played Marilyn Monroe's co-worker at the Blue Dragon Café in BUS STOP.

AND . .  she appeared in the highly recommended 1970s horror movie BURNT OFFERINGS (directed by Dan Curtis and starring Karen Black and Bette Davis). Eileen Heckart plays the daughter of the mysterious Mrs. Allardyce.

I have said before that Heckart's performance in THE BAD SEED is the best "playing drunk" ever.

A little bit of trivia I learned from Patty's chat is that Shelley Fabares and Cathy Garver (Family Affair) played extra kids at that picnic scene.

I'll have to see if I can spot them next time I watch it!

YES and YES! She played George Segal's mother in No Way to Treat a Lady and didnt she play another mother in some Mafia movie? Was it King of the Gypsies? (or something similar sounding)......After checking it wasnt Gypsies, but it was some Mafia themed film and she was a very evil old lady.

Also found out she appeared on the ABC soap One Life to Live!

I have said before that Heckart's performance in THE BAD SEED is the best "playing drunk" ever.

Yes. Theatrical, but not overplayed. Just the right amount without overdoing it......

a pic for reference:

oscars_640x480_41488254618.jpg

I kinda like the younger balding guy behind him better. The one who appears to be hugging the guy next to him? (LOL). He did have a nice speaking voice I remember......(envelope guy).

• Like 2

I think his name is Jordan Horowitz. And I agree, there's something attractive about him.

omg, he's Jewish. that means he doesn't drink and he's really good in bed.

#Double Dibbs

• Like 2

I kinda like the younger balding guy behind him better. The one who appears to be hugging the guy next to him? (LOL). He did have a nice speaking voice I remember......(envelope guy).

yeah, he's not bad, BUT he's also the one who went on and started giving his speech when EVERYONE KNEW that they had not won, which was kinda tacky, but at the same time, who am I to judge anyone's conduct in such a CRAZY situation?

i'll pass on him.

(really, it's bad enough that Price-Waterhouse screwed up on the envelopes and let the moment happen, BUT THAT THEY WAITED SO LONG TO CORRECT THE MISTAKE is honestly the sort of thing that, were I at the head of the AMPAS i would give them all SUCH a SACKING.)

I heard on the radio this morning that Warren wants Cheryl Boone Isaacs, the AMPAS President to publically make some kind of statement that he was not responsible.....to refute Kimmel's "Warren, what did you do???"    Warren, I think, has no sense of humor....

• Like 1

I just wish I could have found or heard STEVE HARVEY's reaction to the incident and Kimmel's quip, "I blame Steve Harvey for this!"

I'm sure Harvey, also a comic and who knows Kimmel well, would have taken the quip in stride.  Might have even thought it funny, but his reaction to the whole thing would be interesting.

Sepiatone

I heard on the radio this morning that Warren wants Cheryl Boone Isaacs, the AMPAS President to publically make some kind of statement that he was not responsible.....to refute Kimmel's "Warren, what did you do???"    Warren, I think, has no sense of humor....

Oh, BROTHER! He'd better get used to it. He'll be on Youtube forever now. (LOL!) Younger people will know him from that.

• Like 1

I just wish I could have found or heard STEVE HARVEY's reaction to the incident and Kimmel's quip, "I blame Steve Harvey for this!"

I'm sure Harvey, also a comic and who knows Kimmel well, would have taken the quip in stride.  Might have even thought it funny, but his reaction to the whole thing would be interesting.

Sepiatone

I honestly believe the MISS UNIVERSE thing was STAGED for publicity.

The fracas Sunday night, on the other hand, was a geuine freak accident.

ps- Steve Harvey is the worst. I have also seen him in real life and he is TERRIFYING. He's basically an enormous jaw with some features.

omg, he's Jewish. that means he doesn't drink and he's really good in bed.

#Double Dibbs

Jews dont drink???