Sign in to follow this  
LornaHansonForbes

TOXIC OSCAR SHOCK FLOP! MOONLIT BEATS TRALALA LAND!

316 posts in this topic

I'll also add that I am more fascinated because of Warren and Faye's involvement this. and believe it or not I really do feel badly for both of them. Period. And I don't mean to sound more important than I am here, but I did live and work in Hollywood for a few years and I did rub elbows with a few important people and I heard a few different stories about Warren that just were not nice.

However I still feel bad for him.

Faye I love to pieces. She's probably a total pain in the butt but she's also a god damned MOVIE STAR...also, while in Hollywood I think I heard two different TALES OF FAYE...One was the standard you'd expect, but the other one was from my friend who had worked with her quite recently on a film. I asked him what she was like and sat back with glee to hear what I figured would be some salacious report.

"she was kind, patient, soft-spoken, and couldn't of been nicer. She told me a lot about being an actor and how you always have to work on your craft and improve it."

End story.

And he was the sort of guy who would tell the truth.

So Faye, if you're out there, we love you and remember that any publicity is good publicity.

This just occurred to me..It's 2017. Why are they still opening up a freakin paper envelope? Who still does that? Do they make envelopes or does the Academy have special people for that?

• Like 1

LornaHansonForbes--My take--I turned on the Oscars during the "tour bus" segment, wondered What the **** was going on, and changed back to TCM, where I saw The Thin Man for the 20th odd time.  Missed the rest of the Oscars, woke up late, and first I knew of this was your post/thread.

My take on this--Forget vanity, it should be a rule that any nearsighted Presenters, male or female, Will Wear Glasses to avoid screwups like that of Sunday night.  What award the envelopes should be marked in all capital letters, if they already aren't.

At least the La La Land producers were gracious about the mix-up.  Price Waterhouse needs to quadruple check the envelopes BEFORE they are given to presenters.  The person who goofed--let him/her keep their job--but ban them from the Oscar stage.

Finally, Faye--you should have kept silent.  Warren--if you saw the envelope was incorrect, make a joke of it, & ask for the Correct blanking envelope.

This is THE story of the year in film--so far.

• Like 3

Heard on the news last night that the two accountants responsible for the mix-up were fired by PWC.

That isn't right.  Suspend and demote them maybe.  But don't FIRE them until they make a goof that costs one of their clients hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

NOT for some relatively minor glitch at some frivolous awards ceremony.

Sepiatone

Heard on the news last night that the two accountants responsible for the mix-up were fired by PWC.

That isn't right.  Suspend and demote them maybe.  But don't FIRE them until they make a goof that costs one of their clients hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

NOT for some relatively minor glitch at some frivolous awards ceremony.

Sepiatone

I have not heard that they were fired from PWC, quite the contrary in fact. But I have heard is that they will not be invited back to any future award ceremonies. I really went down the rabbit hole last night and read a ton of play-by-play articles about what went down. Unfortunately, some really awful pictures of the accountant who screwed all this up on his phone the whole time backstage have emerged and it doesn't look good for him.

...and I also heard that both accountants actually have "protection" now. That whole Internet mob mentality thing is in full effect here.

(As in bodyguards)

That is not true. They are being deported.

• Like 3

That is not true. They are being deported.

..to the Cayman Islands, where they wil get to oversee Price Waterhouse's tax haven sector of their tax practice.

• Like 3

in all honestly, this is such a blight on PWC- and given the nature of their work- I would not be surprised if they ended up changing their name.

Because as it is (and for QUITE some time to come), the words "Price Waterhouse Cooper" are a synonym for "epic ****-up."

(and that's not what you want as an accounting firm.)

in all honestly, this is such a blight on PWC- and given the nature of their work- I would not be surprised if they ended up changing their name.

Because as it is (and for QUITE some time to come), the words "Price Waterhouse Cooper" are a synonym for "epic ****-up."

(and that's not what you want as an accounting firm.)

Taking a walk down memory lane, the current firm arose from a merger of Price Waterhouse and Coopers and Lybrand, which in turn arose from a merger of a British firm, Coopers whatever, and Lybrand, Ross, and Montgomery.

• Like 1

I'll also add that I am more fascinated because of Warren and Faye's involvement this. and believe it or not I really do feel badly for both of them. Period. And I don't mean to sound more important than I am here, but I did live and work in Hollywood for a few years and I did rub elbows with a few important people and I heard a few different stories about Warren that just were not nice.

However I still feel bad for him.

Faye I love to pieces. She's probably a total pain in the butt but she's also a god damned MOVIE STAR...also, while in Hollywood I think I heard two different TALES OF FAYE...One was the standard you'd expect, but the other one was from my friend who had worked with her quite recently on a film. I asked him what she was like and sat back with glee to hear what I figured would be some salacious report.

"she was kind, patient, soft-spoken, and couldn't of been nicer. She told me a lot about being an actor and how you always have to work on your craft and improve it."

End story.

And he was the sort of guy who would tell the truth.

So Faye, if you're out there, we love you and remember that any publicity is good publicity.

Well, of course she's old now and not a prima donna star in her prime. She's probably mellowed out....

• Like 1

...and I also heard that both accountants actually have "protection" now. That whole Internet mob mentality thing is in full effect here.

(As in bodyguards)

Too funny! Are they afraid of the La La Land people???

• Like 1

Ryan Gosling has been known to cut anyone who crosses him.

LOL.

THIS IS REALLY JUICY!!!!!!!!:

http://www.thewrap.com/oscar-stage-manager-pwc-accountants-incompetence/

ETA: SERIOUSLY, IF YOU ONLY READ ONE ARTICLE ABOUT THE WHOLE DEBACLE, THIS ONE SHOULD BE IT!!!!!- BACKSTAGE ACCOUNT FROM THE STAGE MANAGER ON HOW BOTH ACCOUNTANTS FROZE COMPLETELY AND NEITHER WANTED TO GO OUT ON STAGE TO CORRECT THE MISTAKE!!!!!

What an awful mess. They deserved to be canned. Did they expect the Academy to post an announcement after the show was over???

• Like 1

THIS IS REALLY JUICY!!!!!!!!:

http://www.thewrap.com/oscar-stage-manager-pwc-accountants-incompetence/

ETA: SERIOUSLY, IF YOU ONLY READ ONE ARTICLE ABOUT THE WHOLE DEBACLE, THIS ONE SHOULD BE IT!!!!!- BACKSTAGE ACCOUNT FROM THE STAGE MANAGER ON HOW BOTH ACCOUNTANTS FROZE COMPLETELY AND NEITHER WANTED TO GO OUT ON STAGE TO CORRECT THE MISTAKE!!!!!

But they were fine preening on the red carpet and posing for cameras.... unreal