Sign in to follow this  
TheCid

Worst states to live in: Louisiana and Mississippi

35 posts in this topic

what is wrong with mississippi? it's warm, it's got palmetto trees (our most abundant species of native palm) and my brother-in-law is from mississippi.

:)

89bc54a192b8776a1d1712e390dfa080.jpg

Property tended by illegal immigrants or African-Americans.

Can't speak to Mississippi, but just got back from a first-time-ever visit to Louisiana. Spent some time in New Orleans the weekend before Fat Tuesday, then did a riverboat up past Baton Rouge and back. Had a wonderful time. Nice people, nice country.

Palmetto bugs. Giant flying cockroaches. Yuck.

I get those in the back yard and on the back of the house all of the time. If one is unfortunate enough to make it inside, the cat makes short work of them. I'll occasionally find a leg or two near the cat's water dish.

• Like 1

I get those in the back yard and on the back of the house all of the time. If one is unfortunate enough to make it inside, the cat makes short work of them. I'll occasionally find a leg or two near the cat's water dish.

Fortunately, we don't have them up here, but we did in Georgia.

And when one got into the house, what a pain getting rid of it.

I'll take fire ants any day. :)

Mississippi Gulf Coast on the “Top 10 Places to Retire in the USA – 2017” list according to Best Place to Retire!

Good place to retire because it is cheaper. I've heard there are English people who retire to The Gambia, and other places in the Third World, because it's cheaper there, too.

In America, Mississippi and other "worst states" are (almost entirely) red/Republican states, because Republican=ignorance=highest infant mortality rate, etc. Sad.

Occasionally in those states, you do find an oasis, like New Orleans, though.

Good place to retire because it is cheaper. I've heard there are English people who retire to The Gambia, and other places in the Third World, because it's cheaper there, too.

In America, Mississippi and other "worst states" are (almost entirely) red/Republican states, because Republican=ignorance=highest infant mortality rate, etc. Sad.

Until....

NOAA-Hurricane-Katrina-Aug28-05-2145UTC.

us_navy_050902-n-5328n-228_four_days_aft

In the one-word sentence "sad", you are picking up Trump's twitter style. You might want to lose that.j