CinemaInternational

Our Members Tributes to Robert Osborne (1932-2017)

359 posts in this topic

What a joy it was to meet him. What a gift he gave us in sharing his love and knowledge of classic films.

For those of us who were there from the beginning, TCM will never be the same.

Safe travels Ozbeau!

Yancey

QUESTION for you scheduling aficionados: what ended up being the last movie he ever introduced on TCM?

Just curious.

The last film Robert Osborne introduced by himself was UNDER THE VOLCANO on February 21, 2016.

(For the record - He did introduce THE FRENCH CONNECTION but with guest programmer Candice Bergen on June 14, 2016.)

"They're not shining the stars as bright
They've stolen the joy from the night
Wish you were here
Wish you were here
Wish you were here"

Yancey

I'm still reeling from the shock.  Rest in peace, Mr. Osborne.  You will be deeply missed. 

I'm sorry to see that ROBERT OSBORNE has passed on.  I wonder what his favorite movie was?  Or maybe he didn't have 1 particular favorite but a number of them?  Can't remember . . .

I fully expect him to rest in peace. 

So so sad!!!  He will be missed greatly, but grateful for his knowledge and passion - and bringing us all together as a community.  Heartfelt sympathies to his family and friends, and to everyone at TCM.

Robert Osborne had a love for the movies, combined with an encyclopedic knowledge of them that, fortunately for fans of TCM and elsewhere, he was able to turn into a career.

As a movie host, he was soft spoken and elegant. He had a special touch of class. And beneath it all, such as when you saw his sensitivity to a person's feelings during an interview, you could always feel his decency as a human being.

We've all just lost a friend. He was a man who helped to enrich our lives.

Thank you, Robert, for years of helping to make the movie going experience even more of a pleasure for us and film fans around the world. We will miss you.

May you rest in peace.

osborne2.jpg?w=350&h=200&crop=1

This is a heavy load to bear even after bracing myself for this day once he was away on medical leave for the last several months. This is like losing a best friend. RIP Robert Osborne. I included a photo I just took of the Robert Osborne Bobble head I bought years ago. 

I'm sorry to see that ROBERT OSBORNE has passed on.  I wonder what his favorite movie was?  Or maybe he didn't have 1 particular favorite but a number of them?  Can't remember . . .

I fully expect him to rest in peace. 

His favorite movie may have been THE RAZOR'S EDGE, and his favorite actress was Gene Tierney, one of the film's stars. TCM should definitely show that film very soon.

Rest in peace Mr. Osborne. You were the definition of class. I've been a fan of yours since you were on The Movie Channel back in the 1980s. I'll never forget back in the 80s when I turned the channel to TMC and "Séance on a Wet Afternoon" was getting ready to play. I would have turned the channel were it not for your interesting introduction that made me want to see this film about which I knew nothing.

You will be sorely missed.