JakeHolman

ISRAEL MIDDLE EAST NEWS

1,084 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, LawrenceA said:

I thought of you when I saw this earlier:

I also thought that it perfectly fits the conservative NRA mindset: see something you don't like and destroy your own TV rather than just change the channel.

how about impartial news reporting favoring no side but just reporting the news as it is without any of their personal liberal-tinged commentary?:o

2 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

how about impartial news reporting favoring no side but just reporting the news as it is without any of their personal liberal-tinged commentary?:o

I notice that you never call out Fox News for their biased, conservative commentary. Which is hypocritical.

The solution to ending partisan news (and it's often a stretch calling it news, as it has almost all become opinion-based talking head shows rather than news reportage) is to STOP WATCHING IT. When you view it, you are contributing to their ratings, which only ensures the continuance of what you claim to not like.

CNN and MSNBC were both centrist news channels for years, but when Fox came along, with their wholly biased, "right-wing and proud of it" style, they dominated the ratings. So the other channels started to emulate Fox, only from a leftist angle (MSNBC), or slightly-left-of-center (CNN). CNN seems more guilty of sensationalizing the news and exploiting the angry-talking-head format. If they seem to go after conservatives more, it may have something to do with conservatives controlling all aspects of government, which naturally would make them the focus of any government discussion.

And despite what some of his supporters think, reporting the direct quotes and proposals of Trump isn't trashing Trump.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I also thought that it perfectly fits the conservative NRA mindset: see something you don't like and destroy your own TV rather than just change the channel.

I assume you're not assuming this type of immature outrage is limited to conservatives.    Around 20% of young progressive attending college believe conservative opinions they disagree with rise to the degree of a hate crime and therefore should be suppressed and \ or sanctioned.

Just now, jamesjazzguitar said:

I assume you're not assuming this type of immature outrage is limited to conservatives.    Around 20% of young progressive attending college believe conservative opinions they disagree with rise to the degree of a hate crime and therefore should be suppressed and \ or sanctioned.

Sigh.

• Haha 1

The Associated PressVerified account @AP 4h4 hours ago

BREAKING: Israeli media reports say police recommending Netanyahu indictment on corruption charges, including bribery.

--------------------------------------------------

Netanyahu Should Be Charged With Bribery and Fraud, Israeli Police Say

JERUSALEM — The Israeli police recommended on Tuesday that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu be charged with bribery, fraud and breach of trust, casting a pall over the future of a tenacious leader who has become almost synonymous with his country. The announcement instantly raised doubts about his ability to stay in office.

Concluding a yearlong graft investigation, the police recommended that Mr. Netanyahu face prosecution in two corruption cases: a gifts-for-favors affair known as Case 1000, and a second scandal, dubbed Case 2000, in which Mr. Netanyahu is suspected of back-room dealings with Arnon Mozes, publisher of the popular daily Yediot Aharonot, to ensure more favorable coverage....

the prime minister’s opponents have begun quoting from an interview he gave in 2008, at the height of Mr. Olmert’s legal troubles, to turn the tables on Mr. Netanyahu.

Describing Mr. Olmert as “up to his neck in investigations,” Mr. Netanyahu said of his political rival at the time: “He does not have a public or moral mandate to determine such fateful matters for the state of Israel when there is the fear, and I have to say it is real and not without basis, that he will make decisions based on his personal interest in political survival and not based on the national interest.”.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/world/middleeast/netanyahu-israel-corruption.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

-whole story sounding AWFULLY familiar?

-_-

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Are you talking about the Clinton foundation?   Oh, you're NOT! :P

8 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What definition of "conservative opinions" do you have? Wanting to stop anti-semitic and racist propaganda like this from going around (and getting tweeted by the president of all people) isn't the same as censoring conservative opinions.

ShowImage.ashx?id=345966&w=898&h=628

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I notice that you never call out Fox News for their biased, conservative commentary. Which is hypocritical.

The solution to ending partisan news (and it's often a stretch calling it news, as it has almost all become opinion-based talking head shows rather than news reportage) is to STOP WATCHING IT. When you view it, you are contributing to their ratings, which only ensures the continuance of what you claim to not like.

CNN and MSNBC were both centrist news channels for years, but when Fox came along, with their wholly biased, "right-wing and proud of it" style, they dominated the ratings. So the other channels started to emulate Fox, only from a leftist angle (MSNBC), or slightly-left-of-center (CNN). CNN seems more guilty of sensationalizing the news and exploiting the angry-talking-head format. If they seem to go after conservatives more, it may have something to do with conservatives controlling all aspects of government, which naturally would make them the focus of any government discussion.

And despite what some of his supporters think, reporting the direct quotes and proposals of Trump isn't trashing Trump.

I doan knock fox news simply because I doan watch fox news. I watch cnn most of the time switching to msnbc occasionally. conservatism is much closer to reason and logic and it is offensive to me to favor conservatism because that's like believing that basic human reason and logic need help.

so a conservative bias is abhorrent to me.

:)

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

I doan knock fox news simply because I doan watch fox news. I watch cnn most of the time switching to msnbc occasionally. conservatism is much closer to reason and logic and it is offensive to me to favor conservatism because that's like believing that basic human reason and logic need help.

so a conservative bias is abhorrent to me.

:)

You only responded to the first sentence of my post. Nothing about the rest of it?

8 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

You only responded to the first sentence of my post. Nothing about the rest of it?

I doan like fox's conservative slant. ain't that enough?:huh:

but now that fox conservative bias has become necessary because every day the liberal msm demonstrates that they simply cannot handle trump being in power neither journalistically or psychologically.

their attitude is plainly obvious...

America will eventually rise up against trump solely on the basis of their rhetoric and big mouths.

so let them believe so. it is rather amusing.

12 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

What definition of "conservative opinions" do you have? Wanting to stop anti-semitic and racist propaganda like this from going around (and getting tweeted by the president of all people) isn't the same as censoring conservative opinions.

You ask difficult questions and that is a good thing.    I believe it is 'the same as censoring' to stop any opinions that one finds objectionable,  in addition who sets the standards as to what is objectionable?    Traditionally it has been conservatives that try to censor content and opinions, typically related to sex.   E.g. a primary reason Same Sex Marriage was opposed was because it would normalize such behavior.      

I don't wish for the USA to become like the EU where there are laws against what one is able to think and say (e.g. Holocaust deniers).   Note that Poland just passed a law preventing one from saying Poland was involved in death camps and the Holocaust.    I.e. each 'side' using government power to control speech they find objectionable.

To me the standard should be that only speech that is used to incite violence against another is banned.  There are already laws on the books against that. 

Now private companies (Twitter \ Facebook \ YouTube), can set their own standards and are doing so.   But there will be right-wing versions of these platforms that will allow anti-semitic and racist propaganda.  The government should allow that and only sanction content that incite violence.  

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

I doan like fox's conservative slant. ain't that enough?:huh:

The main body of my post was addressing your repeated lamentations about CNN and their "out of control liberal bias". I asked you why you continue to watch the channel then, as your viewership keeps their ratings up, which tells them to continue with what they are doing. You can't seem to answer that part of it, though.

If you go to a restaurant and order a sandwich that you end up hating, why then would you keep returning to the same restaurant and ordering the same ******* sandwich over and over again. Eventually you should realize that maybe, just maybe, you should try something else on the menu or just go to a different ******* restaurant. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, mr6666 said:

The Associated PressVerified account @AP 4h4 hours ago

BREAKING: Israeli media reports say police recommending Netanyahu indictment on corruption charges, including bribery.

--------------------------------------------------

Netanyahu Should Be Charged With Bribery and Fraud, Israeli Police Say

JERUSALEM — The Israeli police recommended on Tuesday that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu be charged with bribery, fraud and breach of trust, casting a pall over the future of a tenacious leader who has become almost synonymous with his country. The announcement instantly raised doubts about his ability to stay in office.

Concluding a yearlong graft investigation, the police recommended that Mr. Netanyahu face prosecution in two corruption cases: a gifts-for-favors affair known as Case 1000, and a second scandal, dubbed Case 2000, in which Mr. Netanyahu is suspected of back-room dealings with Arnon Mozes, publisher of the popular daily Yediot Aharonot, to ensure more favorable coverage....

the prime minister’s opponents have begun quoting from an interview he gave in 2008, at the height of Mr. Olmert’s legal troubles, to turn the tables on Mr. Netanyahu.

Describing Mr. Olmert as “up to his neck in investigations,” Mr. Netanyahu said of his political rival at the time: “He does not have a public or moral mandate to determine such fateful matters for the state of Israel when there is the fear, and I have to say it is real and not without basis, that he will make decisions based on his personal interest in political survival and not based on the national interest.”.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/world/middleeast/netanyahu-israel-corruption.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

-_-

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!