TomJH

Does Donald Trump Have Mental Health Problems?

173 posts in this topic

45]aLb2pZIS_bigger.jpgWorld News TonightVerified account @ABCWorldNews

More

Pres. Trump retweets meme with his picture gradually blocking Pres. Obama with caption "The Best Eclipse Ever." http://abcn.ws/2wqMFcf

DH_3yi4UMAAd7xf.jpg

Trump has again proven his racism here.

However, this is also a demonstration of his low self-esteem, his lack of any kind of class-- plus it's just downright puerile and stupid.

Sadly, it's not a joke.

It reminds me very much of his comments about how he had a better education and a better apartment and more money excetera excetera than others-- Truly sadly pathetic.

The narcissism, the pathological lying, the egocentric limitations of his personality - - not only don't lend themselves to being presidential, they don't even resemble someone who has good common sense.

In the old days they called Rich persons who would act like this eccentrics.

Today people would simply say that if these people want to interact in the society

--much less trying to be the leader of the Free World - -

they need some serious psychiatric help.

I'm sure that his family knows this, but they're afraid to say or do anything for fear they'll be disinherited.

• Like 4

However, this is also a demonstration of his low self-esteem, his lack of any kind of class-- plus it's just downright puerile and stupid.

Sadly, it's not a joke.

It reminds me very much of his comments about how he had a better education and a better apartment and more money excetera excetera than others-- Truly sadly pathetic.

The narcissism, the pathological lying, the egocentric limitations of his personality - - not only don't lend themselves to being presidential, they don't even resemble someone who has good common sense.

Today people would simply say that if these people want to interact in the society

I'm sure that his family knows this, but they're afraid to say or do anything for fear they'll be disinherited.

Trump's also feeding his base, of course, with this eclipsing Obama stuff, and that appears to be his main preoccupation. Uniting the country, as past Presidents have tried to do, is not his priority. That is most apparent when he speaks off the cuff. Everyone knows that Teleprompter Trump is just a guy rather stiffly reciting the words of a speechwriter. It's not the real Trump, and his base knows it.

The real Trump adores having one third of the nation following him like a bunch of cultists. If it means being divisive by making racist comments or giving a mild rebuke of white supremacists or making fire breathing comments to North Korea, so be it. Just as long as they continue to follow him.

Does the real Donald Trump even want to be President or would he not, rather, want to be the rabble rousing leader of an opposition group, damning establishment Republicans as well as Democrats?

Having a impulsive man child such as this with easy access to the nuclear codes is putting the world through one of its most perilous times. Those experienced military men of gravitas who surround Trump in the White House are the best thing the world now has going for it in any hopes to avoid a sudden, impulsive holocaust.

• Like 4

Sadly, it's not a joke.

Trump, the moon, covers Obama, the sun.  But then the moon moves away and the sun returns.

• Like 1

Good, albeit a bit lengthy, article in the SALON web site about Trump's myriad mental issues if anyone is interested.  It's called "Diagnosing Trump's Tweets."  Yes, he's crazy, and it's not like a fox.

• Like 3

Good, albeit a bit lengthy, article in the SALON web site about Trump's myriad mental issues if anyone is interested.  It's called "Diagnosing Trump's Tweets."  Yes, he's crazy, and it's not like a fox.

see: http://www.salon.com/2017/08/24/what-donald-trumps-tweets-reveal-about-his-mental-health/

"...malignant narcissism....the syndrome as having four components: 1) Narcissistic Personality Disorder, 2) antisocial behavior, 3) paranoid traits, and 4) sadism...

.......that malignantly narcissistic leaders can shift and distort reality for an entire society, a process he called “malignant normality.” The abnormal becomes normalized and alternate facts, conspiracy theories, racism, denial of science, and delegitimization of the free press become not only acceptable, but the new normal. Trump has the power to impose his madness on the populace, a kind of mass folie à deux......"

• Like 3

see: http://www.salon.com/2017/08/24/what-donald-trumps-tweets-reveal-about-his-mental-health/

"...malignant narcissism....the syndrome as having four components: 1) Narcissistic Personality Disorder, 2) antisocial behavior, 3) paranoid traits, and 4) sadism...

.......that malignantly narcissistic leaders can shift and distort reality for an entire society, a process he called “malignant normality.” The abnormal becomes normalized and alternate facts, conspiracy theories, racism, denial of science, and delegitimization of the free press become not only acceptable, but the new normal. Trump has the power to impose his madness on the populace, a kind of mass folie à deux......"

DonaldTrumpStraitjacket.jpg

"Well, I don't have a problem with any of that. Hey, somebody get me a mirror. I bet I even look good in this strait jacket."

• Like 2

Donald Trump is a “sociopath” and “a very sick individual”   Harvard professor and psychoanalyst on the "antiquated" Goldwater rule and our president's "serious mental illness" ...

"....The evidence suggesting that Donald Trump may have serious mental health problems is overwhelming.

He is a compulsive liar who creates his own fantasy world. Trump is also extremely moody and impulsive. Trump’s advisers have to satisfy his extreme narcissism and nurture his detachment from reality by presenting him — on a twice-daily basis — with a file folder full of good news.” Fellow Republicans have been recorded on a hot mike suggesting that Trump may be “crazy.” The American news media, as well as commentators from other countries, have voiced serious concerns about Trump’s mental health and the threat it poses to global security....

Is the Goldwater rule obsolete in the sense that Trump is a public figure and there are thousands of hours of footage of him as well as a multitude of other evidence about his behavior?

...I don’t think Trump’s cruelty is coincidental to his appeal. His bigotry, his racism, his meanness — that is why people like him. I think that is the core of his appeal for a certain part of the public....

a man who has a fundamental, deep psychological defect. It is expressed in his inability to empathize with others and his lack of genuine loyalty to anyone. You will notice that Trump wants everyone to be loyal to him, but he is loyal to nobody.

It is a one-way street. Trump appears to have no sense of social obligation or reciprocity....

What do you think will happen with Trump’s presidency?

I think one of two things will happen and maybe both. First of all, the greatest risk to us right now is that there will be another “Reichstag fire”-type event....

...(when they)

go to Trump and say, “We are going to impeach you or we are going to apply the 25th Amendment.”

But in the end he will simply cut bait. He will leave other people to clean up the mess.

Trump will resign and say, “I am still the best and the only savior, and these evil people and their evil media have forced me out.” He will keep his constituency; he’ll leave with honor in his own mindand by the way, keep his businesses.....

...if you are willing to trample on other people, you have a great chance of rising to the top. If he is willing to lie, for example, and cheat people and use that to his personal advantage no matter what the consequences are for them, well, one of two things happens to people like that.

If they fail enough, they are in jail. These are the sociopaths who end up as chronic criminals.

But if they have the gift of gathering people around them like a cult leader and demagogue, then they rise to the top. It is not that unusual at all. It happens throughout history.

Trump does not care."

http://www.salon.com/2017/09/12/harvard-psychiatrist-lance-dodes-donald-trump-is-a-sociopath-and-a-very-sick-individual/

• Like 4

Donald Trump is a “sociopath” and “a very sick individual”   Harvard professor and psychoanalyst on the "antiquated" Goldwater rule and our president's "serious mental illness" ...

"....The evidence suggesting that Donald Trump may have serious mental health problems is overwhelming.

He is a compulsive liar who creates his own fantasy world. Trump is also extremely moody and impulsive. Trump’s advisers have to satisfy his extreme narcissism and nurture his detachment from reality by presenting him — on a twice-daily basis — with a file folder full of good news.” Fellow Republicans have been recorded on a hot mike suggesting that Trump may be “crazy.” The American news media, as well as commentators from other countries, have voiced serious concerns about Trump’s mental health and the threat it poses to global security....

Is the Goldwater rule obsolete in the sense that Trump is a public figure and there are thousands of hours of footage of him as well as a multitude of other evidence about his behavior?

...I don’t think Trump’s cruelty is coincidental to his appeal. His bigotry, his racism, his meanness — that is why people like him. I think that is the core of his appeal for a certain part of the public....

a man who has a fundamental, deep psychological defect. It is expressed in his inability to empathize with others and his lack of genuine loyalty to anyone. You will notice that Trump wants everyone to be loyal to him, but he is loyal to nobody.

It is a one-way street. Trump appears to have no sense of social obligation or reciprocity....

What do you think will happen with Trump’s presidency?

I think one of two things will happen and maybe both. First of all, the greatest risk to us right now is that there will be another “Reichstag fire”-type event....

...(when they)

go to Trump and say, “We are going to impeach you or we are going to apply the 25th Amendment.”

But in the end he will simply cut bait. He will leave other people to clean up the mess.

Trump will resign and say, “I am still the best and the only savior, and these evil people and their evil media have forced me out.” He will keep his constituency; he’ll leave with honor in his own mindand by the way, keep his businesses.....

...if you are willing to trample on other people, you have a great chance of rising to the top. If he is willing to lie, for example, and cheat people and use that to his personal advantage no matter what the consequences are for them, well, one of two things happens to people like that.

If they fail enough, they are in jail. These are the sociopaths who end up as chronic criminals.

But if they have the gift of gathering people around them like a cult leader and demagogue, then they rise to the top. It is not that unusual at all. It happens throughout history.

Trump does not care."

http://www.salon.com/2017/09/12/harvard-psychiatrist-lance-dodes-donald-trump-is-a-sociopath-and-a-very-sick-individual/

can it be denied that donny trump has proven himself to be a real go-getter?

when are the democrats gonna proclaim trump a greater threat to the planet than climate change?

hey!...

made up a double two-can batch of tunafish! no more saltines just spongy fluffy white bread.

nipkowdisc grub tip: after you spread it on the bread, give it a few sprinkles of black pepper for taste.

:D

This is very very good and shows what was behind the 'moron' comment.  

• Like 2

From the New Yorker ..

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/diagnosing-donald-trump?mbid=social_twitter

News Desk

Diagnosing Donald Trump, and His Voters

October 6, 2017

The question is not whether the President is crazy but whether he is crazy like a fox or crazy like crazy. And, if there is someone who can know the difference, should this person, or this group of people, say something—or would that be crazy (or unethical, or undemocratic)?

Jay Rosen, a media scholar at New York University, has been arguing for months that “many things Trump does are best explained by Narcissistic Personality Disorder,” and that journalists should start saying so. In March, theTimes published a letter by the psychiatrists Robert Jay Lifton and Judith L. Herman, who stated that Trump’s “repeated failure to distinguish between reality and fantasy, and his outbursts of rage when his fantasies are contradicted” suggest that, “faced with crisis, President Trump will lack the judgment to respond rationally.” Herman, who is a professor at Harvard Medical School, also co-authored an earlier letter to President Obama, in November, urging him to find a way to subject President-elect Trump to a neuropsychiatric evaluation.

• Like 5

From the New Yorker ..

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/diagnosing-donald-trump?mbid=social_twitter

News Desk

Diagnosing Donald Trump, and His Voters

October 6, 2017

The question is not whether the President is crazy but whether he is crazy like a fox or crazy like crazy. And, if there is someone who can know the difference, should this person, or this group of people, say something—or would that be crazy (or unethical, or undemocratic)?

Jay Rosen, a media scholar at New York University, has been arguing for months that “many things Trump does are best explained by Narcissistic Personality Disorder,” and that journalists should start saying so. In March, theTimes published a letter by the psychiatrists Robert Jay Lifton and Judith L. Herman, who stated that Trump’s “repeated failure to distinguish between reality and fantasy, and his outbursts of rage when his fantasies are contradicted” suggest that, “faced with crisis, President Trump will lack the judgment to respond rationally.” Herman, who is a professor at Harvard Medical School, also co-authored an earlier letter to President Obama, in November, urging him to find a way to subject President-elect Trump to a neuropsychiatric evaluation.. isn't it dangerous then to malign trump this way? he gets wind of it and boom! we're all tapioca.   :lol: 

.. isn't it dangerous then to malign trump this way? he gets wind of it and boom! we're all tapioca. 

Here, you forgot your shoes.

17161-Clown_Schuhe_gelb_und_rot_mit_Ster

• Like 2

45]ds4HQ-f9_bigger.jpgVANITY FAIRVerified account @VanityFair

More

SCOOP via @gabrielsherman: Several people close to Trump privately describe him as “unstable” and “unraveling”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/donald-trump-is-unraveling-white-house-advisers

05a29e3915f727b85c05abbbdf780c8a.jpg

" I HATE EVERYONE IN THE WHITE HOUSE."

The revelations about the daily, high maintenance management of trump in the Oval Office, according to high-ranking Republican Senator Corker, along with Secretary of State Tillerson's low opinion of trump's intellect, may be setting the stage for a Republican Mutiny on The White House.

These debased and demeaning opinions of the chief executive cannot be ignored or taken back or simply brushed aside as fake news.

They are the beginning of hard evidence in a case which has been building for some months.

• Like 2

45]D2c364z2_bigger.jpgRobert ReichVerified account @RBReich

More

This morning I phoned my old friend, a former Republican member of Congress, to discuss Trump's latest outbursts. (2/2)

DL5og2BVoAA7zB1.jpg

Now don't this just beat all--

Rich and Powerful old white men are afraid of the old rich and Powerful white man they put in the Oval Office.

This would be simply hilarious if it wasn't so awfully scary.

• Like 1

Keith kills me.  This is one of his best.  Now we know what America would be like had the Germans won World War II!

• Like 3

Keith kills me.  This is one of his best.  Now we know what America would be like had the Germans won World War II!

well how is America to be saved by the constant unrelenting bashing of trump dailly? we know that the american left has been unhappy since last november 8th. all schtootzes like olbermann and colbert are doing is feeding their hate. besides, they are all cowards! every last trump-hating liberal talking head on TV

from colin kaepernick to jemele hill, from colbert to olbermann...cowards! they have a recourse....

to knock off the BS and instigate and agitate an internal armed insurrection. they would never do that so they are content to hatefully shoot off their mouths on TV and all venues of media because that's all they have! they would never really do anything substantively in any real proactive way. so they feed themselves almost every day with their hateful anti-trump proclamations and pontifications. that's all they're good for realistically speaking. :lol:

well how is America to be saved by the constant unrelenting bashing of trump dailly? we know that the american left has been unhappy since last november 8th. all schtootzes like olbermann and colbert are doing is feeding their hate. besides, they are all cowards! every last trump-hating liberal talking head on TV

from colin kaepernick to jemele hill, from colbert to olbermann...cowards! they have a recourse....

to knock off the BS and instigate and agitate an internal armed insurrection. they would never do that so they are content to hatefully shoot off their mouths on TV and all venues of media because that's all they have! they would never really do anything substantively in any real proactive way. so they feed themselves almost every day with their hateful anti-trump proclamations and pontifications. that's all they're good for realistically speaking. :lol:

WHOA!

I REALLY hope you're kidding about that "internal armed insurrection" thing here, AND that asinine thought that anybody who strongly complains about or criticizes the government of this country but who DOESN'T pick up a gun and attempt to overthrow it and/or who DOESN'T advocate such an asinine thought is "a coward", Nipster!

Yep, I REALLY hope you were just kidding here, dude.

(...but unfortunately something deep down inside here is telling ME you're not, and that deep down inside YOU, you really believe this sort of dumbazz simple-minded macho-headed BS)

DonaldTrumpStraitjacket.jpg

"A. I don't lie. B. I don't lie much. C. I don't lie much more than anyone else. D. I don't lie much more than anyone to the best of my memory."

"And E. How do you like my new jacket? I call it Trump Wear, and it's going to be the newest sensation. Once these jackets catch on the days of getting slapped in the face by a Democrat or someone with wildly swinging arms are over!"

"Oh, yeh, F. This is a FAKE POLL! A big fat FAKE POLL and it's a disgrace and unpatriotic and un-American that anyone would create a poll like this about the greatest President of the United States (according to all other polls). Believe me."

Speaking for myself, Dargo, I'll go with B. Donny Boy lies 75% of the time, as he has undoubtedly done all his life as a businessman. But I also think he is delusion and starts to believe many of the lies after a while.

Keith kills me. This is one of his best. Now we know what America would be like had the Germans won World War II!

This is one jacket that Trump will not be able to wear his signature long red tie with. LOL

I really liked Keith's #136 because it was something I could truly relate to.

In the late 1970s I studied dance in Chicago in a studio across from the Art Institute of Chicago. One day a week the Art Institute was free and I would run across the street to look at the French Impressionist art.

On the second floor I was particularly taken aback by the beautiful " Les Deux Sœurs (Sur la terrasse) "--Two Sisters (on the Terrace) by Renoir.

In the number #136 commentary, Keith relates how Trump believes that he actually has the original Renoir, which of course is actually hanging in the Art Institute in Chicago and has been since 1933.

Trump could just be a good liar or maybe he really is that stupid; I don't know.

I wonder how much he paid for that fake. Maybe more than he paid for that fake Time magazine cover?

• Like 2