TomJH

Does Donald Trump Have Mental Health Problems?

157 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, laffite said:

Is it possible that Trump might do something so bad that the GOP would move to get rid of him? If so, what would that something be? Or does he have carte blanche, even if to the point of a clear and present danger to the US or the world?

Doubtful.  Shoot somebody on Fifth Ave. maybe, but even then...

The only thing that would cause the GOP to remove Trump would be for him to do something that definitely would cause the House and the Senate to become 66% Dem while at the same time the state legislatures in 65%+ of the states to become Dem along with the governorships.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

If one is talking impeachment,   Congress needs to follow the Constitution,  right?  I.e. that 'something so bad' needs to be something that is “treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.”

As bad as Trump is I assume you don't wish for a US President to be removed like leaders are in 3rd world nations.

I'm not talking impeachment. Forget the Constitution with its loopholes. The clause you cite is open to interpretation and the GOP doesn't care about the Constitution anyway (to be fair, same for dems). No, I was just asking whether anyone had an idea of something specific he might do that the GOP and everyone else (even servile Trump followers) might go for the 25th. Or is the teflon too strong.

3 minutes ago, laffite said:

I'm not talking impeachment. Forget the Constitution with its loopholes. The clause you cite is open to interpretation and the GOP doesn't care about the Constitution anyway (to be fair, same for dems). No, I was just asking whether anyone had an idea of something specific he might do that the GOP and everyone else (even servile Trump followers) might go for the 25th. Or is the teflon too strong.

Short of molesting a kid on live television, I can't think of anything. Unless the crime/atrocity/whatever is committed on live television (and even then some people will say CGI was used to falsify the image), there will be a substantial amount of people who will refuse to believe any crime attributed to Trump. It will all be "Fake News"/"Deep State"/"globalist agenda" conspiracies, and regardless of what evidence is presented of financial improprieties or normally-treasonous work for foreign powers or whatever, there will be a hundred YouTube videos up in an hour saying that Trump is innocent and a victim himself, followed by right-wing websites from the fringe to the mainstream, all quoting each other as "proof", that will rally around him. As long as he is in power and will sign what the party gives him, they don't care what he does. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, laffite said:

The criteria for the 25th is: "President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office".

This 'unable' is vague but to me it means physically or mentally unable.    So it doesn't relate to 'something specific he might DO',  unless that 'something' is proof that the President is mentally unable.     

The bottom line is that with the 25th Congress is the one that finally decides if the President is removed or NOT, and it takes a 2\3 vote of both houses.     

But I still get the feeling you want the Trump removed by means that are Unconstitutional  (e.g. forget the loopholes,,,, uh,  no that would be unconstitutional). 

(PS: I'm hoping for the 'physically unable' as in,,,, 6 feet under). 

26 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

But I still get the feeling you want the Trump removed by means that are Unconstitutional  (e.g. forget the loopholes,,,, uh,  no that would be unconstitutional). 

No, not at all. Erroneous conclusion. You're looking for subtext that was not intended. Maybe there was a dangling innuendo I missed. Excuse me for comparing but Lawrence's answer gets it perfectly with regard to the kind of answer I was looking for.

6 hours ago, laffite said:

Is it possible that Trump might do something so bad that the GOP would move to get rid of him? If so, what would that something be? Or does he have carte blanche, even if to the point of a clear and present danger to the US or the world?

The GOP would only want to get rid of him if he were to oppose their party in some way. He could send the world into nuclear war nd they wouldn't care so long as they are making money.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

The GOP would only want to get rid of him if he were to oppose their party in some way. He could send the world into nuclear war nd they wouldn't care so long as they are making money.

...and/or continue to be reasonably assured that they will be re-elected, which is probably more important to them than money.

• Like 1