TheCid

TrumpCare

320 posts in this topic

Update from Politico--Thursday nights vote on Repeal/Replace on ObamaCare Is Canceled, According To a GOP Source.  There was no Immediate word when The Vote might happen.  This Story Will be Updated.

Edited 4:24 p.m.--NBC News and CNN just confirmed this--check on search engines.

Other countries do just what Sanders was proposing and still have very conservative governments that do not "soak" the rich.  Are you falling victim to the brainwashing that has been going on in your country for several generations?

Indeed, many, on both sides of the idealogical aisle, have lost the meanings of "liberal" and "conservative" in the crowd of dogmatic posturing.

"Conservatives" these days(and for some 20 years now) seem more "illiberal" than truly conservative, as I recall them being more steeped in fiscal pragmatism across the board than catering to corporate interests and the wealthy.  And liberals were strident on constitutional rights, and would have even fought for the same level of 2nd amendment rights they now eschew.

Indeed, listen to some campaign speeches by both Nixon and Humphrey back in '69, and you'd think Hubert was the conservative, and Dick the liberal.

Sepiatone

lawmakers argued that a rule requiring that health insurers cover 10 types of coverage labeled “essential health benefits” by the Affordable Care Act needed to be eliminated, and that doing so would bring down premiums....

The Affordable Care Act’s essential health benefits are:

• Emergency services
  • Outpatient services
  • Hospitalization, including overnight stays and surgeries
  • Laboratory services
  • Prescription drugs
  • Pediatric services
  • Preventive and wellness services, like screenings and shots
  • Rehabilitative services
  • Mental health and addiction services
  • Pregnancy and childbirth care

“Before the [Affordable Care Act], health insurance coverage under federal law was defined as anything a health insurance company sells,” Pollitz said. “Now, health insurance has to be major medical coverage.

So if that goes away, health insurance becomes sort of a very broad term, and you could have anything from a policy that covers a toothbrush to major medical coverage, at least in theory.”

https://news.vice.com/story/why-the-house-put-off-its-vote-on-trumpcare

• Like 1

WASHINGTON (AP) — Abandoning negotiations, President Donald Trump on Thursday demanded a make-or-break vote on health care legislation in the House, threatening to leave "Obamacare" in place and move on to other issues if Friday's vote fails...

"'Negotiations are over, we'd like to vote tomorrow and let's get this done for the American people.' That was it," Rep. Duncan Hunter of California said as he left the meeting, summarizing Mulvaney's message to lawmakers.

And if the vote fails, Obamacare "stays for now," Hunter said.

"Let's vote," White House chief strategist Steve Bannon said as he left the meeting....

The Republican legislation would halt Obama's tax penalties against people who don't buy coverage and cut the federal-state Medicaid program for low earners, which the Obama statute had expanded. It would provide tax credits to help people pay medical bills, though generally skimpier than Obama's statute provides.

It also would allow insurers to charge older Americans more and repeal tax boosts the law imposed on high-income people and health industry companies.

The measure would also block federal payments to Planned Parenthood for a year,...

medical professionals, doctors and hospitals — major employers in some districts — as well as the AARP and other influential consumer groups were nearly unanimously opposed. So were outside conservative groups who argued the bill didn't go far enough....

https://apnews.com/b8a0da7890374f09bd256fff2b721ace/White-House,-in-gamble,-demands-make-or-break-health-vote?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

• Like 1

One plainly stated on Fox News, they are not addressing healthcare cost within itself which would have bipartisan support.

This is one doctors opinion on the ACA.

Excerpt...

What should Congress replace ObamaCare with? Nothing! I write again, Nothing! 

(lead balloon time)

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/01/04/doctor-s-straight-talk-america-your-health-care-is-not-federal-responsibility.html

51QK49L-cCL._UY250_.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder( and have suspected all along) that Trump had NO intention of doing away with Obamacare, at least as quickly as he promised.

With his personal and business resources, he should have(and could have)  come up with a workable, sensible and comprehensive healthcare plan LONG before the election ever took place.  And I feel all his blustering about repealing Obamacare "On DAY ONE" was just campaign bloviating in order to get elected.  And the gullible fell for it since they've been spoonfed the fallacy of the "disaster" of Obamacare from day one.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Trumpcare or Ryancare or GOPercare never was meant to provide more, better, cheaper coverage.  It's primary purpose is to lower taxes on the very wealthy, cut benefits to most needy and permit insurance companies to pick and choose who they will cover and how much they will pay.

For the working, middle and poor classes, the cost of health care WILL go up, while benefits go down.

Another example of how Trump and the Republicans conned the people who voted for him.  And how dumb they are to have believed him.

As for Trump, he is and always has been clueless.  This is just the latest example.

• Like 1

I'm beginning to wonder( and have suspected all along) that Trump had NO intention of doing away with Obamacare, at least as quickly as he promised.

With his personal and business resources, he should have(and could have)  come up with a workable, sensible and comprehensive healthcare plan LONG before the election ever took place.  And I feel all his blustering about repealing Obamacare "On DAY ONE" was just campaign bloviating in order to get elected.  And the gullible fell for it since they've been spoonfed the fallacy of the "disaster" of Obamacare from day one.

Sepiatone

It wouldn't have mattered if the President had a plan or NOT.   Presidents don't pass legislation.   Only Congress does and the GOP can't agree on a plan.

This is a welcoming sign for those that feared the GOP would undo 'everything' done in the last few decades.

It wouldn't have mattered if the President had a plan or NOT.   Presidents don't pass legislation.   Only Congress does and the GOP can't agree on a plan.

This is a welcoming sign for those that feared the GOP would undo 'everything' done in the last few decades.

They are doing a pretty good job of undoing already and Trump has been in office only about 60 days.

It will be telling to see what happens when they actually consider the budget.  While there has been some pushback from Republicans on the Trump proposal, will they really not go along with the program and department cuts?

They are doing a pretty good job of undoing already and Trump has been in office only about 60 days.

It will be telling to see what happens when they actually consider the budget.  While there has been some pushback from Republicans on the Trump proposal, will they really not go along with the program and department cuts?

Sorry all I see here is fear mongering.     AGAIN,  I'm going to wait to see what GOP Congress actually proposes AND they can agree upon.    Just like with the ACA,  there are GOP members that really care about the debt and are not going to support a tax plan that reduces revenues and increases spending.   There are GOP members that support State department funding,  etc.....

Trump is clearly NOT the type of person that can unite the GOP and with his approval rating sinking by the minute GOP House members and Senators who seat is up for bid in 2014 don't have to tow the line unless it helps their election odds.  

Sorry all I see here is fear mongering.     AGAIN,  I'm going to wait to see what GOP Congress actually proposes AND they can agree upon.    Just like with the ACA,  there are GOP members that really care about the debt and are not going to support a tax plan that reduces revenues and increases spending.   There are GOP members that support State department funding,  etc.....

Trump is clearly NOT the type of person that can unite the GOP and with his approval rating sinking by the minute GOP House members and Senators who seat is up for bid in 2014 don't have to tow the line unless it helps their election odds.  

I'm sure you can recall that Trump said all those politicians were stupid dopes and that all these deals including health care would be easily accomplished by him.  It was a campaign promise.

I'm sure you can recall that Trump said all those politicians were stupid dopes and that all these deals including health care would be easily accomplished by him.  It was a campaign promise.

Of course Trump made a bunch of campaign promises that he will not be able to keep.    The GOP also had a bunch of crap in their platform that will not see the light of day.

To me that is GOOD NEWS!     (because the election is OVER!!!).

McConnell has already said that cuts to the State Department and

some medical programs are non-starters as far as he is concerned.

Republicans Kill Health Care Vote As GOP Members Defect-

House Republicans have scrapped a vote on their health care replacement plan after defections from both the right and center that made it clear the bill would not pass.....

The risks were high for President Trump on the bill. He has hyped a brand of someone able to strike the best deals. Being unable to get this through, after giving an ultimatum to congressional Republicans Thursday, raises questions about just how good a deal-maker he is and underscore his lack of legislative and policy experience upon entering the White House...

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/24/521395060/ryan-trump-meet-as-more-republicans-defect-from-health-care-bill?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=politics&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170324

:lol:

"We're going to be living with Obamacare for the foreseeable future. I don't know how long it will take us to replace this law," Ryan said

"now we're going to move on with the rest of our agenda, because we have big, ambitious plans." -Ryan

:unsure:

• Like 1

Republicans Kill Health Care Vote As GOP Members Defect-

House Republicans have scrapped a vote on their health care replacement plan after defections from both the right and center that made it clear the bill would not pass.....

The risks were high for President Trump on the bill. He has hyped a brand of someone able to strike the best deals. Being unable to get this through, after giving an ultimatum to congressional Republicans Thursday, raises questions about just how good a deal-maker he is and underscore his lack of legislative and policy experience upon entering the White House...

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/24/521395060/ryan-trump-meet-as-more-republicans-defect-from-health-care-bill?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=politics&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170324

:lol:

"We're going to be living with Obamacare for the foreseeable future. I don't know how long it will take us to replace this law," Ryan said

"now we're going to move on with the rest of our agenda, because we have big, ambitious plans." -Ryan

:unsure:

Apparently, dealmaking is a science, not an art.

• Like 1

The end result is probably somewhere in the middle as to what they actually do.  The thing is that a majority of Republicans in House and Senate have committed to eliminating many programs.  While they may not cut the State Dept. by 30%, they will cut it by 15% maybe.  Other departments will be cut by greater amounts.

Also have to consider who they placed in charge of the Depts - people bent on destroying the regulations if not the departments themselves.

Clean Water has been eliminated in W. Va. and maybe elsewhere.  Other environmental regulations have been eliminated.  Regulations protecting people against corporations have been eliminated.  And it is still only 60 days in.

May be fearmongering, but based on what has transpired so far.

The good news is that MR. Ultimatum had to cave on Trumpcare.  But it'll be back.

• Like 1

Interesting aspect to this. Over the past couple of weeks I have received robocalls insisting that I call my Congressman, founding member of the House Freedom Caucus, and urge him to vote against the current bill because it does not go far enough.

The president was furious that members of the hard-line conservative Freedom Caucus had opposed the legislation, and he demanded for much of Thursday that Mr. Ryan push a vote to publicly expose the members who were opposing the administration...

Mr. Trump and his his top strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, demanded to see a confidential whip count list compiled to exact revenge on the the bill’s Republican opponents,...

Mr. Ryan, according to staff members, agreed that members of the Freedom Caucus weren’t negotiating in good faith, but he said that punishing them would also harm members who were simply trying to protect themselves from potential conservative primary challenges next year.

The speaker sealed the deal by telling Mr. Trump a public vote would turn a bad defeat into a spectacular loss that could alienate conservatives whom he would need for upcoming votes to raise the debt ceiling, pass a budget,and enact an ambitious rewrite of the tax code.......

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/us/politics/health-care-affordable-care-act.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

-aaaahhh....let's revise TAX CODE !!!

Now THERE's something for 45 to LOVE !!

:wub:

at least the man tried. yeah, but isn't interesting that so many of his detractors who often make the claim that his behavior is petty and childish TAKE SO MUCH satisfaction from this day of failure for him...

do they not lower themselves by feeling such joy?

not really because THEY ARE PHONY HYPOCRITES.

by letting the GOP go at this alone the democrats have stupidly re-owned obamacare...

and when they realize that trump's prediction of imminent detonation of the ACA is accurate, look out for the biggest switchover in recent political history...

and I hope that Trump's future bipartisan fervor with the democrats **** off schtootzes like the freedom caucus. :P  :D

Somewhere on the 19th hole, John Boehner is

sitting back, relaxing, and LHAO. Orange to

orange.

• Like 1

by letting the GOP go at this alone the democrats have stupidly re-owned obamacare...

I see you bought into this blame anyone but me Trump HS.  The GOP had a majority and they still failed.  They did not include democrats when they drafted this bill.

• Like 1

Trump'

at least the man tried. yeah, but isn't interesting that so many of his detractors who often make the claim that his behavior is petty and childish TAKE SO MUCH satisfaction from this day of failure for him...

not really because THEY ARE PHONY HYPOCRITES.

and when they realize that trump's prediction of imminent detonation of the ACA is accurate, look out for the biggest switchover in recent political history...

and I hope that Trumps future bipartisan fervor with the democrats **** off schtootzes like the freedom caucus. :P  :D

Usually try to ignore your childish posts, but this one deserves an answer.

1.  The Republicans refused to participate when the ACA was originally being discussed, debated, formulated and passed despite Democratic requests that they do so.

2.  The current Republicans did not want the Democrats to participate in developing Trumpcare.  Just as they ignore the Democratic members of every committe in Congress.  Most recent example was chairman Nunes of House Intelligence Committee sharing information with Ryan and Trump before even letting Democratic members of the committee know about it.

3.  RepublicanS refusal to consider Merrick Garlands nomination to Supreme Court for ELEVEN MONTHS.

4.  The Democrats no longer own the ACA as Republicans failed to "improve' or "replace" it.

5.  What the heck are you talking about: "Trumps future bipartisan fervor with the democrats **** off schtootzes like the freedom caucus."?  Trump has zero "bipartisan fervor" (whatever that is) with the Democrats.

6.  Trump is the one who issued an Ultimatum to his party members basically saying do it my (and Ryan's) way or hit the highway.  Guess they hit the highway?

7.  Trump is the one who relentlessly tries to belittle everyone else.  Guess he can't take it?

8.  Agre with you as to "day of failure for him."  But he will never accept blame for it.

Edited by TheCid
  • Like 2

and I hope that Trump's future bipartisan fervor with the democrats **** off schtootzes like the freedom caucus. :P:D

The real issue is that Trump has no control over his own party.

Traditionally the President of the United States is the head of his own party.

When the same party controls both houses of Congress and the executive wing, but you still can't get anything done--

well that's simply because the party has no leadership.

There comes a time when each and every President of the United States, no matter who he or she is, has to accept the truth--The Harry Truman axiom--

"The Buck Stops Here".

Basically Trump is a political neophyte, and worse than that he has no diplomatic skills whatsoever.

When you go through your whole life born rich and you can have everything you want in life and push other people around--you simply don't know how to act diplomatically.

• Like 4