spence

"Unforgiven" voted all-time best western by...

81 posts in this topic

Jerome Moross's music score for "The Big Country" is great, but I'm a John Barry enthusiast. It's hard to beat his Oscar-winning score from "Dances with Wolves," which was the last Western to win Best Picture honors.

Too bad 'Dances with Wolves' was such a stupid movie.

Among the first 4 movies I ever collected on video back in the late 1980s when I was a teenager and decided I wanted to own movies on tape and not just rent them one of them was a Western.  A Western Comedy, to be precise.  I have that tape some 28 years later; it still works.     

Waterhole #3 (1967) on Paramount Home Video, their 75th anniversary logo (1912-87) is on the video box. 

(The other 3 movies I started out my collection with were "The End", "Advise and Consent", "Hail").

I don't have a favorite all-time Western, but there are ♦plenty♦ of them I like and have since bought on tape or disc over the intervening 2+ decades.  But the first was WATERHOLE #3 with James Coburn. 

Among the first 4 movies I ever collected on video back in the late 1980s when I was a teenager and decided I wanted to own movies on tape and not just rent them one of them was a Western.  A Western Comedy, to be precise.  I have that tape some 28 years later; it still works.     

Waterhole #3 (1967) on Paramount Home Video, their 75th anniversary logo (1912-87) is on the video box. 

I have it on DVD.

It's the Code of the West!

Too bad 'Dances with Wolves' was such a stupid movie.

Aw, HELL.  You give it WAY more credit than I do.

And Kevin Costner's stiff and lifeless narration only made it WORSE.

Sepiatone