Sign in to follow this  
TomJH

Thank You, TCM, For The Sensitivity Of This Tribute

6 posts in this topic

TCM has aired a number of loving tributes to Robert Osborne lately.

This one, though, to the accompanying strains of the beautiful and melancholy Clair de Lune, particularly got to me. It was the next to last shot of Robert walking through a grand theatre that tore me apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGMV2qcsLQA

There was nothing there in the thread when I "clicked" in, but I can imagine.

Clair de Lune would also be a good suggestion for those "In memoriam"  segments.

Anybody suggest it in that THREAD about that not too long ago?

Sepiatone

This tribute is my favorite as well. The empty chairs, his shadow on the floor, and then Bob disappearing as he walked down the theatre aisle, all to that beautiful melody -- very moving. Of course, they also included some cheerful shots of Bob, which was appropriate because he seemed like such an upbeat person, at least when he was on the air.

TCM has done right by Bob this weekend, and this tribute is a centerpiece. Happiness and sadness in perfect combination.

Bump.

So that any who missed it may have the opportunity to see the 80 second video tribute to Robert Osborne in the OP. Truly lovely, tasteful and sad.

A quality tribute to a movie host extraordinaire who was a gentleman and decent human being.

Another bump for any posters who may have missed this beautiful tribute to Robert.

The image, in particular, of RO walking through a grand theatre only to slowly vanish is extremely poignant, but everything about this tribute is done with so much taste and sensitivity.