macocael

Three Cheers for Noir Alley

5 posts in this topic

Absolutely loving it.  Eddie Muller's substantial intros are excellent and the lineup is great, focusing as it does on some of the less well known but fascinating examples of the genre.  I don't know about the scheduling though -- it competes with the Sunday morning news programs, and it really deserves a prime time slot.

• Like 4

Not such a fan of his extensive intros.  He says too much, imo, about the upcoming film.  If you haven't seen it, you are hearing too much.  Everything he says after the film is just swell, however.  I've taken to recording and skipping past his intros.

Noir is one of my favorite genres.  Eddie Muller's intros are something I always look forward to.  He gives me just enough but doesn't include any "spoilers" IMO.

macocael, you bring up a good point about the time slot competing with the Sunday papers.  I either have to get some reading done before the movie starts or wait until it is finished.

Do you think this would fly in a prime time slot?  Just saying..............as noir is not a genre that appeals to everyone.

I love it. I love Eddie Muller. I just wish it was scheduled at night.

I agree;   but please explain how you were able to drive on that road without falling off a cliff but you could barely walk or talk once the police pulled you over.    ;)