Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

CALIFORNIA NEWS

228 posts in this topic

Get ready for Calexit! Now Nigel Farage and the 'Bad Boys of Brexit' set their sights on splitting California in two
Farage and Banks, who led the 'Leave.EU' campaign, appear to be pitting the eastern, more rural side of California against the western 'coastal elite' liberals in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
3EA6869300000578-4350388-Farage_and_Bank
The Daily Mail >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4350388/Nigel-Farage-s-Bad-Boys-Brexit-look-Calexit.htmlaudience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Get ready for Calexit! Now Nigel Farage and the 'Bad Boys of Brexit' set their sights on splitting California in two

Farage and Banks, who led the 'Leave.EU' campaign, appear to be pitting the eastern, more rural side of California against the western 'coastal elite' liberals in Los Angeles and San Francisco.

3EA6869300000578-4350388-Farage_and_Bank

A 10.0 might remedy the problem. ;)

8cefa5c7ead2d235ce6e5777e2429dc5.jpg

• Like 1

Might be a little more complicated than they think. :)

Presidential-election-results-by-Califor

But...but...surely Donny Boy wouldn't support this furthering of divisions within this country of ours(perhaps best thought of as an "American Balkanization", and just as what happened to Yugoslavia after Tito died and THOSE idiots found they couldn't get along anymore), now would HE???

Because of course, and as his hot-headed White House press secretary often says about his boss, "He's a unifier"!

LOL

(...actually, regarding the splitting up of the state of California, this idea has been floated for decades upon decades, BUT it's always been talked about in terms of splitting northern California from southern California at just about the northern border of coastal Santa Barbara County and east along the Tehachapi mountain range, and NOT along any kind of dumb*** demarcation lines set between "those damn snotty and pretentious coastal elites" and "those damn dumb hicks that live inland"!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But...but...surely Donny Boy wouldn't support this furthering of divisions within this country of ours(perhaps best thought of as an "American Balkanization", and just as what happened to Yugoslavia after Tito died and THOSE idiots found they couldn't get along anymore), now would HE???

Because of course, and as his hot-headed White House press secretary often says about his boss, "He's a unifier"!

LOL

(...actually, regarding the splitting up of the state of California, this idea has been floated for decades upon decades in a few quarters, BUT it's always been talked about in terms of splitting northern California from southern California at just about the northern border of coastal Santa Barbara County and east along the Tehachapi mountain range...and NOT along any kind of dumb*** demarcation lines set between "those damn snotty pretentious coastal elites" and "those damn dumb hicks that live inland"!)

Bad News Dargo--

Mrs. Donald Trump is from the former Yugoslavia--her part is now called Slovenia. So she might go for splitting up your native state.

This kind of reminds me of another dictator's wife - - The Empress Josephine.

The French Revolution had abolished slavery--but Josephine was a girl from Martinique and she liked being waited upon by black slaves.

So she convinced Napoleon to reinstate slavery in the Empire.

Dargo, there's no accounting for the influence of a dictator's wife. LOL

• Like 1

The former Yugoslavia had far larger, bitter inter ethnic issues that festered for a long time.  Bad comparison for the silly stuff in California.  Took an iron fist rule against the ethnic fighting in Yugoslavia just to hold it together. Thank you Tito?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakup_of_Yugoslavia

Like to add Tito, the least oppressive communist  leader, was one of the founding members of the Non-align Movement refusing to join the Warsaw Pact.  The only communist country the United States had very good relations with giving, believe it or not economic and military aid. That made him a thorn in the Soviet Union side.

240px-Josip_Broz_Tito_1971.png

• Like 1

This whole thread makes as much sense as splitting Texas into five states or splitting many other states.  How about we split Florida or maybe Mississippi?

I am sure you could find alternative fact reasons for splitting most states.

The former Yugoslavia had far larger, bitter inter ethinic issues that festered for a long time.  Bad comparison for the silly stuff in California.  Took an iron fist rule in Yugoslavia just to hold it together. (Thank you Tito?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakup_of_Yugoslavia

Yeah, yeah, ham, I know.

It's just that whenever I see ANY kind of examples of humanity's bent toward tribalistic behavior, and be it based upon differing ethnic, cultural, religious or political thought and how people "want to be of their own kind" and can't seem to find common ground, it kind of rankles me.

(...and the example of Yugoslavia's history comes to mind)

Yeah, yeah, ham, I know.

It's just that whenever I see ANY kind of examples of humanity's bent toward tribalistic behavior, and be it based upon differing ethnic, cultural, religious or political thought and how people "want to be of their own kind" and can't seem to find common ground, it kind of rankles me.

(...and the example of Yugoslavia's history comes to mind)

Dargo--

Then I bet you don't want to hear what I think they ought to do with

Western Kansas. LMREO

• Like 1

Dargo--

Then I bet you don't want to hear what I think they ought to do with

Western Kansas. LMREO

Is that where they've never gotten over that whole Carrie Nation thing, Princess?

(...in other words, is that where they still have dry counties?)

Don't think this won't gain ground. The Deplorables want a split from the Libtards. Sensible solution.

Don't think this won't gain ground. The Deplorables want a split from the Libtards. Sensible solution.

Eeh! It'll never happen.

Wait! Now, I've TOLD myself never to say "never" ever again after the election of this embarrassing Man-Child as POTUS. And so, forget what I just said here, Jake.

(...and so hell, who knows...you MIGHT be right AFTERALL!!!)

LOL

(...hell, who knows...you MIGHT be right AFTERALL!!!)

The Dims have a lock on the State. Have for a long time. Know someone who I keep in touch who lives in California. Anecdotal but he tells me there is a simmering desire to make some kind of change.

So now there's a third plan to split California??

I already know about the plan for California to secede from the union

http://www.yescalifornia.org/

http://www.wisn.com/article/calexit-proposal-submitted-for-california-to-secede-from-union/8355355

And i know of the plan to create the State of Jefferson by carving out the new state from some northern California counties and southern Oregon counties

.http://www.soj51.net/

But i never heard of this third way...Californians are crazy!!

http://www.wisn.com/article/calexit-proposal-submitted-for-california-to-secede-from-union/8355355

And i know of the plan to create the State of Jefferson by carving out the new state from some northern California counties and southern Oregon counties

But i never heard of this third way...Californians must be crazy!!

These are just silly plans created by bored people that have zero chance of going anywhere.

They shouldn't even be getting any press.  The really crazy people are the ones that take these plans seriously.

• Like 1

Eeh! It'll never happen.

Wait! Now, I've TOLD myself never to say "never" ever again after the election of this embarrassing Man-Child as POTUS. And so, forget what I just said here, Jake.

(...and so hell, who knows...you MIGHT be right AFTERALL!!!)

LOL

Dargo--

You live in Arizona. I used to live in Albuquerque--(I could tell you stories about Gary Johnson, but some other time).

Well, anyway a number of Latinos in the state were always talking about how it was all going to belong to Mexico-- because it had originally belonged to Mexico.

It seems as though there were actually some organized efforts in that direction.

Some often referred to the state as Mexico. Is that sort of thing going on in Arizona too?

Dargo--

You live in Arizona. I used to live in Albuquerque--(I could tell you stories about Gary Johnson, but some other time).

Well, anyway a number of Latinos in the state were always talking about how it was all going to belong to Mexico-- because it had originally belonged to Mexico.

It seems as though there were actually some organized efforts in that direction.

Some often referred to the state as Mexico. Is that sort of thing going on in Arizona too?

Clearly many Latino politicians here in CA what the state to become part of Mexico.  At a minimum they want EU type borders.

I.e.  people can move from Mexico to CA back and forth without any papers or need for legal status.  

Clearly many Latino politicians here in CA what the state to become part of Mexico.  At a minimum they want EU type borders.

I.e.  people can move from Mexico to CA back and forth without any papers or need for legal status.  

Don't think most of the folks of Sacramento & N Cali. want that.

The Democrats won't allow the income producing parts of the state to be split away so they have to account for their spending. They would be bankrupt pretty quickly.

These are just silly plans created by bored people that have zero chance of going anywhere.

They shouldn't even be getting any press.  The really crazy people are the ones that take these plans seriously.

Agreed.....and this other plan for California to be split along a longitudinal axis,separating California into East/West is no less crazy than the plan to create the state of Jefferson or the plan to secede.

They're ALL crazy!!

• Like 1

Dargo--

Let's Just Do It!  Give the West Coast, Southwest and Texas back to Mexico.

Give Florida back to Spain, along with parts of MS and AL.

Give Lousiana back to France or Spain, whichever

Then give the rest of the country back to England.

Or we could give it all back to the Native Americans.

I remember many years ago one of the African-American groups wanted the government to give Alabama and Mississippi to them and move all the whites out.  Then all the AA's could move to AL and MS and they would really be "God's Country" then.

But i never heard of this third way...Californians are crazy!!

YAWN. It'll never happen. How many times has this been voted down already???

YAWN. It'll never happen. How many times has this been voted down already???

Dunno if there's ever bin a vote on any of those nutzy breakup movements....yet.

The secession vote is supposed to happen in 2018/19.

Dunno when the state of Jefferson thing will come up,if ever.

And there sure hasn't bin a vote on this East/West split yet.

The talk of splitting northern and southern California has bin going on forever...i think it has a lot to do with water rights and cultural differences...i forget.

Dargo or anybody else native to California could tell us all about that.

All these plans are just plain nutz...they're all bonkers out there.

It's been voted down at least once,(splitting California up) but they keep trying. Waste of time and money.........

So now they are trying it vertically? Too funny.

Well, the whole place WAS supposed to fall into the sea 50 years ago, so...........  ;)

I also think it's funny that some righties take to calling liberals "elitist" when indeed, the most "elitist" population of this country are those wealth hoarding 1% who usually contribute big and vote republican. 

Sepiatone

• Like 4