Sign in to follow this  
jaragon

"Cloud Atlas"

5 posts in this topic

Has anybody else seen this ambitious but strange film which seems to take place in different time periods  and once? 

• Like 1

Yes, I liked it a lot, much more than the critics seemed to. I liked the ambition of the film, and the fact that it doesn't talk down to the audience. I count it among my 10 favorite films of that year. 

• Like 2

Yes, I liked it a lot, much more than the critics seemed to. I liked the ambition of the film, and the fact that it doesn't talk down to the audience. I count it among my 10 favorite films of that year. 

I have never seen it the entire thing- keep catching bits of it on cable all the time-  it's challenge to keep up with the story line perhaps too complex- but I do like the look and message of the film

• Like 1

As a lover of avant garde experimental literature, I loved the Cloud Atlas novel by David Mitchell. Considering its unusual plot, I was completely floored when I heard it was being turned into a movie. I was even more floored when I saw the film. It deftly used jump cuts to heighten the pace of the story. This was due to the fact that Mitchell co-scripted. The excellent cast performed admirably in the difficult problem of playing so many different roles. I've seen Atlas a dozen times and thoroughly enjoyed it every time.

One of my favorite movies right now! It really changed how I saw the world. The actors look they are having the time of their lives making it.

• Like 1