mr6666

-more Trump Satire...

141 posts in this topic

(there's been SO much funny stuff out there lately, thought it deserved its' own thread !)

"Comedy Central has announced the new show for its coveted 11:30 PM, post-Daily Show time slot, and it’s safe to say that we will be seeing some late night recaps in the form of White House Twitter tantrums. (Trailer below.)

The President Show stars the creator and renowned Trump impersonator, Anthony Atamanuik, and features Peter Grosz as Vice President Mike Pence. Like a traditional late-night talk show, the host will sit at a desk and bring comic spin to current events aided by a sidekick....

"The President Show" will premiere April 27

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-the-president-show-trump-20170403-story.html

"Late Night DonaldVerified account @LateNightDonald

My show will drain the swamp of failing Jimmys and Make Late Night Great Again. I NEVER SLEEP! @BreitbartNews"

(there's been SO much funny stuff out there lately, thought it deserved its' own thread !)

"Comedy Central has announced the new show for its coveted 11:30 PM, post-Daily Show time slot, and it’s safe to say that we will be seeing some late night recaps in the form of White House Twitter tantrums. (Trailer below.)

The President Show stars the creator and renowned Trump impersonator, Anthony Atamanuik, and features Peter Grosz as Vice President Mike Pence. Like a traditional late-night talk show, the host will sit at a desk and bring comic spin to current events aided by a sidekick....

"The President Show" will premiere April 27

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-the-president-show-trump-20170403-story.html

"Late Night Donald‏Verified account @LateNightDonald

My show will drain the swamp of failing Jimmys and Make Late Night Great Again. I NEVER SLEEP! @BreitbartNews"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsGawGjQIpY

sure to be a hit!...and flip out the democrats who will go after comedy central for giving trump the attention because they will know that comedy central's comedic villainy lampooning of Donny will only serve to further humanize trump...which all good little egg-sucking liberals must not do. :lol: 

liberal hollywood celebs will start scolding comedy central and comedy central will respond by telling them to screw themselves.

in the meantime egg sucker alec baldwin will suddenly change his mind about abandoning his snl trump persona...after he too is scolded by comedy central. :D

With all the late-night Trump satire that's already on TV and some of the comments by our fellow posters plus the real one in the White House, I don't know if I am ready for another Trump satire TV show, especially one with his doppelganger having a starring role. 

Comedy Central should have left Larry Wilmore's show on. 

• Like 1

"Kushner has to figure out how to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, defeat ISIS and other terrorist groups, end Sunni-Shia sectarian strife, fix ethnic divisions exacerbated by nonsensically drawn borders, and reform repressive regimes. Easy.

But Trump was not done delegating. He is also shirking his presidential responsibilities when it comes to reforming the criminal justice system, running the new office of American Innovation, reforming veteran services, addressing the opioid addiction epidemic, and restructuring the federal government,....

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/04/05/daily-show-just-shredded-trump-pawning-off-job-unelected-son-law/

:lol:

"Alec Baldwin’s latest Trump impression on Saturday Night Live –  was as highly anticipated as ever. He did not disappoint.

In the cold open sketch, Baldwin, as Trump, makes a stop in Union, Kentucky to talk to “his people” in a town hall-style format. He says straight away what we all know he’s thinking:

“I just had an amazing week, folks… Gorsuch was confirmed, the media is saying nice things, and no one is talking about Russia. Wow, what a difference those 50 Tomahawk missil
les can make"

Baldwin’s Trump then decides to take some questions from his supporters....

...another man asks about the Federal Rehab Program, to which Baldwin replies, “Junked!” A woman asks about after school programs, to which Baldwin also replies, “Junked!” Minimum wage? “Gone!” Houses? “Junked!” Lead in the water? “We’re going to keep that.”

After each person speaks, though, they reaffirm their commitment to the President....

“It’s like you found a finger in your chili… but you still eat the chili, because you told everyone how much you love chili.”

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/04/09/alec-baldwin-just-exposed-trump-fans-fools-snl/

• Like 1

sheer desperation and willful misrepresentation. snl mocks not only trump but rural southerners and the working middle class.

it's dumb because it takes NYC liberals writing stupid desperate sheet like that for snl to believe that coal miners are unhappy and ashamed of their livelihood which they are actually quite proud of but try and get that across to snl's millennial age NYC-bred BS 'writers'.

poorly conceived lame sheet because it actually impedes Baldwin's fairly decent trump impression.

sheer desperation and willful misrepresentation. snl mocks not only trump but rural southerners and the working middle class.

it's dumb because it takes NYC liberals writing stupid desperate sheet like that for snl to believe that coal miners are unhappy and ashamed of their livelihood which they are actually quite proud of but try and get that across to snl's millennial age NYC-bred BS 'writers'.

poorly conceived lame sheet because it actually impedes Baldwin's fairly decent trump impression.

I thought it made the braindead look quite sincere.

• Like 1

doan get me wrong, I am not the least bit hypersensitive about the comedic denigration of trump because I always like a good laugh but for the sake of what without alec baldwin's impressive impersonation skills, would be a totally lame comedy skit...

but for snl's young lame talentless 'writers' to actually think that working class coal miners are ashamed of their jobs means a severe disconnect with the world outside of NYC...

and I think you need a fairly accurate perception of the rest of the country to write good comedy that will strike a chord even with people you doan agree with.

NIP--HS.  SNL mocks Trump and Trump voters who were too stupid to know his policies would hurt THEM the most.  Stupidity and politics have always been prime targets for satirists, from at least the 17th Century onward.

As for "striking a chord";  on YouTube, the skit you decry has over TWO AND A HALF MILLION views in THREE DAYS.  The skit with Bill O'Reilly interviewing Trump has  over FIVE MILLION views in THREE DAYS.  I'd say both skits struck a nerve or two.

Quit being so sensitive about Trump's depiction on SNL.  Trump and his statements are a gold mine for comedians.  They have until January 20th, 2021 to make fun of Trump.  Right wing complaints have equaled better ratings and more money for SNL.  Live with it. 

• Like 2

Nip--When in the world did you get to be the spokesperson over the middle class? I'm in the middle class and I work and I'm not offended by any of this stuff on SNL.

I watched SNL when it first started and they cut their teeth on making jokes about President Ford, President Carter and President Bush. There's nothing new about making fun of the president.

Trump even appeared on SNL and made jokes about people.

I thought everybody had a sense of humor.

• Like 1

I thought everybody had a sense of humor.

Try to think of all of the successful conservative comedians or comedy shows over the years. It shouldn't take long, because there aren't many. There have been many attempts at a right-leaning comedy series; even Fox News tried one several years ago. But much like the terrible right-wing movie An American Carol, they all failed because they just weren't funny. Now, I'm sure there are some comedians (maybe many of them) who are conservative in thought. Tim Allen, Adam Sandler and many of his cohorts. But they tend to keep conservative commentary out of their comedy acts. Dennis Miller is a good example. He was a very funny comedian, who often tackled political subjects, but he went after everyone, regardless of whether they were left or right, Democrat or Republican. Then, after 9/11, he readily admits that he became a born-again conservative, and a major GWB cheerleader. And his act went right in the toilet. He just was not funny, and his show was canceled, and eventually he even stopped being invited for talking head segments on Fox News. I'm sure he's still out there doing stand-up and other things, but I can't recall the last time I saw him on TV or read his name somewhere. In the late 90's/early 00's, he was named along with Bill Maher, The Daily Show, and George Carlin, as being on the forefront of political comedy. But not anymore. 

• Like 2

I didn't follow Miller's career very closely, would see him on the

tube every once in a while. But I do remember his time on

Monday Night Football, where he would drop arcane references

every other play that left the other announcers with not much

to say in response. In its very nature, the flea flicker is a most

Dostoevskian play. 

NIP--HS.  SNL mocks Trump and Trump voters who were too stupid to know his policies would hurt THEM the most.  Stupidity and politics have always been prime targets for satirists, from at least the 17th Century onward.

As for "striking a chord";  on YouTube, the skit you decry has over TWO AND A HALF MILLION views in THREE DAYS.  The skit with Bill O'Reilly interviewing Trump has  over FIVE MILLION views in THREE DAYS.  I'd say both skits struck a nerve or two.

Quit being so sensitive about Trump's depiction on SNL.  Trump and his statements are a gold mine for comedians.  They have until January 20th, 2021 to make fun of Trump.  Right wing complaints have equaled better ratings and more money for SNL.  Live with it. 

the only thing I object to in that skit is representing coal miners not as dumb trump supporters but as people who are ashamed of their livelihoods.

the skit stupidly suggests that coal miners who are 2nd, 3rd or even 4th generation would just drop it in a second for a few extra bucks as say a gas station attendant...

that's a disconnect on the part of lorne michael's cutesy-utsy millennial age liberal writers.

the truth is less than 4 months until trump's 1st term liberals are already psychologically desperate enough to believe the country is ready to turn on him. less than 100 days! snl's young writers imagine a revolt that hasn't had enough time yet to even begin.

that is a disconnected desperation.and I''ll make this prediction right here and now...

this congressional race in kansas to replace mike pompeo's seat, it won't go the democrat's way. :lol:

the only thing I object to in that skit is representing coal miners not as dumb trump supporters but as people who are ashamed of their livelihoods.

the skit stupidly suggests that coal miners who are 2nd, 3rd or even 4th generation would just drop it in a second for a few extra bucks as say a gas station attendant...

that's a disconnect on the part of lorne michael's cutesy-utsy millennial age liberal writers.

the truth is less than 4 months until trump's 1st term liberals are already psychologically desperate enough to believe the country is ready to turn on him. less than 100 days! snl's young writers imagine a revolt that hasn't had enough time yet to even begin.

that is a disconnected desperation.and I''ll make this prediction right here and now...

this congressional race in kansas to replace mike pompeo's seat, it won't go the democrat's way.

The country was never with Trump. His supporters have always been a minority of the population. 

And show me a coal miner who won't take a higher paying job somewhere outside of the mines and I'll show you an idiot. Working class people tend to take jobs that pay the most and/or provide the best benefits for themselves and their families. The reason people labor in the mines is because there aren't better paying jobs outside of the mines, not because they love coal mining.

• Like 2

this congressional race in kansas to replace mike pompeo's seat, it won't go the democrat's way. :lol:

Since Kansas is and has always been and will probably always be a Republican state--that's not much of a prediction. LMREO

Since Kansas is and has always been and will probably always be a Republican state--that's not much of a prediction. LMREO

then the secretly democrat-leaning msm shouldn't be making so much hay about it. :D

"Late-night TV star Samantha Bee was pulling in celebrities for the first “Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner” on Saturday — a tongue-in-cheek play on the real bash, where journalists, the president and, in recent years, lots of bold-face names have mingled.

(It will first air on TBS at 10 p.m. Saturday, opposite the real #NerdProm, with proceeds benefiting the Committee to Protect Journalists.)

960.jpg

But President Donald Trump was skipping the White House Correspondents’ Association gala, instead marking his 100th day in office with a rally in Pennsylvania.

No president had declined an invitation since Ronald Reagan in 1981, and he was recovering from an assassination attempt.

Still, Reagan phoned in some friendly, humorous remarks....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/04/29/white-house-press-corps-dinner-samantha-bee-not-the-whcd/101067628/#