Sign in to follow this  
Bogie56

Trump and North Korea

509 posts in this topic

This is another mess Obama left us with.

The mess was left on July 27, 1953.  We should had the resolve to end that war once and for all but now are stuck with history's longest  cease fire.  Technically the Korean War has not ended.

• Like 2

This is why tourism is not a booming industry in North Korea.

ustourist-arrested.jpg?itok=eky9NbMB

Nope, but evidently big hats and brightly colored epaulets are quite the going concern over there, ham! ;)

• Like 2

This is another mess Obama left us with.

So, you never answered my question last week.  What would you suggest be done?

• Like 1

So, you never answered my question last week.  What would you suggest be done?

I think he just did it. He blamed Obama. I rather doubt you'll get more of an answer from Madness than that.

• Like 2

Always amused at those that avoided military servcie or found a way to avoid actually going to a combat zone are the most vocal about going to war, dropping bombs, shooting missles, etc.

Yeah, they're called chicken hawks for a reason.

• Like 2

So after losing the whereabouts of the "Armada", which was sailing AWAY from North Korea at the time when Trump and his minions/fellow morons were saying it was heading TOWARDS the Korean Peninsula, now Trump is sabre-rattling against Iran. I have said here that the good press he got from the bogus bombing in Syria was going to up the danger of this idiot to try something similar in other hot spots. This would be laughable if it wasn't so terrifyingly serious. Seriously!

• Like 3

This is why tourism is not a booming industry in North Korea.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!??

ustourist-arrested.jpg?itok=eky9NbMB

I've really noticed the hats they wear.  Wonder what the original source was.  To me, the rather large top section on front just calls out for some type of badge/emblem/etc.  Maybe Trump could come up with something to sell them?

Good article on why US cannot attack North Korea or at least is very, very limited in what it can actually do.  Basically, NK has huge conventional forces/weapons ability to severely damage SK.

Of course, Trump could send another "armada," but then he really didn't do that did he.  He has no idea where his forces are, where they are heading, or what their capabilities are.

Incidentally, he needs someone to tell him that a US carrier "group" is no where near an armada.

www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/twenty-five-million-reasons-the-us-cant-strike-north-korea/2017/04/21/47df9fea-2513-11e7-928e-3624539060e8_story.html?utm_term=.301f770b40f7

• Like 1

So I heard this morning that we may be at war by the end of the week. China has shut down all Bank of China money withdrawals in N Korea. Trump had an emergency conference call with the leaders of China and Japan yesterday. Mike Pence cut short his Pacific region tour by a day after the conference call. And some sort of anniversary is tonight/tomorrow in N Korea, and another missile test may be in the offing. And, not to be too cynical, but there's been another round of bad approval ratings for Trumpy, and he knows how to fix those.

How do you solve a problem like North Korea?

How do you catch a clown and pin him down?

So I heard this morning that we may be at war by the end of the week. China has shut down all Bank of China money withdrawals in N Korea. Trump had an emergency conference call with the leaders of China and Japan yesterday. Mike Pence cut short his Pacific region tour by a day after the conference call. And some sort of anniversary is tonight/tomorrow in N Korea, and another missile test may be in the offing. And, not to be too cynical, but there's been another round of bad approval ratings for Trumpy, and he knows how to fix those.

Update: The White House has summoned all 100 members of the Senate to a special meeting regarding North Korea. The President, the Sec. of Defense, the Sec. of State, the Director of National Intelligence, and the Chairman of the Joint Cheifs will also be in attendance.

Update: The White House has summoned all 100 members of the Senate to a special meeting regarding North Korea. The President, the Sec. of Defense, the Sec. of State, the Director of National Intelligence, and the Chairman of the Joint Cheifs will also be in attendance.

just heard that...

now the democrats are going to hear the difference between BS and leadership...the real kind.

not obama's brand of phony cowardly HS. :D

What this country needs is a good $5 billion+ war.

No way.  Persian Gulf war = $61billion

Iraq will be $6 trillion over next four decades.  It is already at $1.7 trillion.

Most politicians and hawks seldom consider the post-war costs, especially for veterans and retiree benefits, as well as the huge interest on the national debt as they are 100% funded with borrowed money.

That will be interesting, US borrows billions from China to go to war with China's ally.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, where will they meet?  Also, how long before someone leaks what was said?

Whatever transpires, hopefully the Pentagon, NSA, DOS and 100 senators will be able to convince Trump of the enormous consequences of what might happen.

Then if that is what needs to be done, so be it.  

just heard that...

now the democrats are going to hear the difference between BS and leadership...the real kind.

not obama's brand of phony cowardly HS. :D

Very easy to advocate for war when your sorry **** and Trump's avoided it.

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited For Language

Just out of curiosity, where will they meet?  Also, how long before someone leaks what was said?

Whatever transpires, hopefully the Pentagon, NSA, DOS and 100 senators will be able to convince Trump of the enormous consequences of what might happen.

Then if that is what needs to be done, so be it.  

The article I saw said the meeting was at the White House, which is another rare occurrence for a gathering of this size.

No way.  Persian Gulf war = $61billion

Iraq will be $6 trillion over next four decades.  It is already at $1.7 trillion.

Most politicians and hawks seldom consider the post-war costs, especially for veterans and retiree benefits, as well as the huge interest on the national debt as they are 100% funded with borrowed money.

That will be interesting, US borrows billions from China to go to war with China's ally.

Of course it would be a lot more costly, but I was trying to stick as close as

possible to the old What this country needs is a good 5 cent cigar. I'll bet

Trump is getting a thrill out of this, everybody paying attention to his every

move. Better than The Apprentice.

Of course it would be a lot more costly, but I was trying to stick as close as

possible to the old What this country needs is a good 5 cent cigar. I'll bet

Trump is getting a thrill out of this, everybody paying attention to his every

move. Better than The Apprentice.

I remember actually selling 5 cent cigars.

Perhaps Trump is trying to divert attention from his massive tax cut plan for the rich and corporations, massive increase to the deficit and the national debt and fact Congress does not want to pay for The Wall?

• Like 1

War on a budget, that would be interesting.  Guess it could be done if drones did all the fighting.

predator-b-drone-mq-9-reaper22.jpg

I think George Lucas saw the future of cheap warfare.  It will eventually become reality. (The Trade Federation were cheapskates after all)

battledroids.jpg

I remember actually selling 5 cent cigars.

Perhaps Trump is trying to divert attention from his massive tax cut plan for the rich and corporations, massive increase to the deficit and the national debt and fact Congress does not want to pay for The Wall?

I forgot who said that. It was Thomas Marshall, Woodrow Wilson's VP.

If things had been more transparent back then, he might have become

president. The tax cuts and debt run up are certainly right from the

GOP playbook. Time for the return of Dick Cheney--Reagan showed us

that deficits don't matter.

War on a budget, that would be interesting.  Guess it could be done if drones did all the fighting.

predator-b-drone-mq-9-reaper22.jpg

I think George Lucas saw the future of cheap warfare.  It will eventually become reality. (The Trade Federation were cheapskates after all)

battledroids.jpg

I think it will be a long while before warfare is cheap, if ever. Certainly

not in our lifetime.

$5 billion wouldn't pay for a one day war, you must be clueless.