Sign in to follow this  
BLACHEFAN

Life, Animated

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

This Oscar-nominated documentary tells the story about an autistic man named Owen and his love for Disney movies that connects him between his family and friends. This documentary proves that not all people diagnosed with autism are not a threat to human society, but actually an improvement to what is in this vast planet that never understand the mind of an autistic person. Owen Suskind is an interesting person to talk to in person he is best friends with Gilbert Gottfried and Jonathan Freeman and he is the son Ron Suskind the news reporter for the Washington Post who wrote the novel that became the basis for this brilliant documentary. The second documentary to come from director Roger Ross Williams, the director of the oscar-winning documentary short Music By Prudence. I highly recommend this film as well as the book by Ron Suskind in book stores now. I award this documentary 4 out of 4 stars for it's honesty and proof that one person can make a difference no matter what the outcome may be. It is a touching piece of work and speaks to me as a person diagnosed with Autism can understand. This film was released on July 1, 2016. Running Time: 92 minutes. Released through The Orchard. In association with A&E Indie Films.

Edited by BLACHEFAN