Sign in to follow this  
jaragon

"Beauty and the Beast" (2017)

4 posts in this topic

This was better than I expected and had a couple of magical moments- not just a rehash of the animated classic

• Like 1

I treated myself to a Blu-Ray of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and I thought it was visually stunning. I know some people compare it to the animated feature and are disappointed, but I see it more as a screen adaptation of the Broadway show than a movie remake.. 

Some things worked better in one version and some worked better in the other. I thought Beast fighting off the wolves was far more terrifying in new version while I much preferred the  singing voice of Belle in the animated one. Overall I thought Emma Watson was fine but her voice wasn't as strong as it could have been. I'll enjoy having both versions in my collection.

• Like 3

I'm sick of musicals! The bloody songs take away from the story, I'd prefer fast forwarding through the songs to continue the story line.

Really?   Most of the time I would rather just not watch the film.    There are some exceptions like Footlight Parade since there is so much wit in the dialog between Cagney and Blondell.    But in most musicals the storyline is mostly predictable fluff.

• Like 1